User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default How well do you know yourself?

Do you know yourself extremely well, fairly well, or not at all? Why or why not?

If you could change something about yourself, what would it be?

Do you have an ideal self image? Why or why not? If so what is it?

thanks in advance for any responses.

figsfiggyfigs

who else knows you better than you know yourself??

I've always questioned all my actions, the way I think, why I think that way, etc, and by doing so I was always looking for answers and comparing them to how others reacted/or might react in my situation( or how they reacted to my behavior). Most of the time I found the answers right away, other times it took much longer. By the end, I would reach the most reasonable conclusion I can come up with to why I behaved/think a certain way, and questioned it's origin.

I know myself pretty well, but I'm still always learning why I am the way I am; always trying to improve, and learn.

If I could change one thing. It would be my need to control everything around me, and how much I value my privacy, to the point that it's harmful on all my relationships. I'm much better than I was 3 years ago..OH, and my OCD, it's bad.

I don't have a specific ideal self image
    . I think I'm just happy with the constant, albeit, slow improvements that I achieve along the way. To me, having an Ideal(perfect) self image is like having a specific goal. Since I'm still learning about myself each day, that image will always be altered, thus the goal is always changing, so what I thought was ideal before, is no longer as such; instead, having the goal of always improving instead of imagining the perfect me, I will always imagine a better me.

hope this made sense.... I'm going to bed!!! O_x

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Do you know yourself extremely well, fairly well, or not at all? Fairly well. I know myself well enough to predict my reactions in most situations, and avoid harmful ones.
    Why or why not? I only know myself to an average extent, due to the lack of reason involved in looking at your own feelings and personality.

If you could change something about yourself, what would it be? Ah... Geez. Not answering this one, it'd lead to a very, very, VERY complicated discussion on another thread.

Do you have an ideal self image? No.
    Why or why not? Truth be told, I'm not entirely sure.
    If so what is it? See Answer #2 (If you could change something)
    INTP,
    Neutral Good/Lawful Good even split. 5w4 sp/sx melancholic/supine, even split. Yes, I stole this method of placement from black cat.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by spin-1/2-nuclei View Post
    Do you know yourself extremely well, fairly well, or not at all? Why or why not?
    I guess there are certain things that I know well or at least I can predict my behaviour towards some things fairly well. But, as this past year has proved to me, I cannot be sure about anything. I've discovered things about myself I had no idea of, positive and also negative things I'm capable of, how lost I can actually be and how I can act under stress, in ways that I never would have thought are possible for me. So, all of this has seriously made me doubt I know myself at all and, knowing all that, I doubt I ever really can.

I would like to change my attitude towards things that mostly concern myself. I've been pointed out and I can agree that my views about some things in myself and how I see the world in regards of myself are a bit/a lot askew.

I have an idea, a hazy image, not with great detail, of how I would like to be like. I can sort of see myself on the horizon, in the future. It's something I strive towards and everything I do, every decision I make, is made with keeping that idea in mind. But, since there are no specific details, that image is constantly growing as I find myself growing as the time passes.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

I like me.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

As I grow, I get to know myself better. There are things that I know now that I didn't know about myself when I was 15. I'd say it's like getting to unlock a new door to yourself that you never knew was there. It can be good or it can be bad, but at the end of it you still discover you. So I really can't say that I know myself well. I know myself well enough for who I am now, but I know that who I am now is not who I am completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I know myself obnoxiously well. The consequence of that is not having hoards of other knowledge.

I don't think i would change anything, well not with a snap of my fingers and no effort. How i am is how i am. Mastering how i am in positive ways is a worthy battle that i'd prefer not to cop out of.

My self image has trouble cohabiting with itself. The current state of it doesn't agree with it's tame future. The goal is just to make how i am now able to compromise with how i'd like to be.
    It's just a more relaxed stance, but i'm far too abrasive.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

i like to think i know myself better than i actually do, ive caught myself doing things that have crossed my past/current ideals. if i foresee myself being in a situation where something unlike "me" may occur ill avoid it but i dont really keep a leash on the idea of "me".

like i said i dont really keep a leash on the idea of "me". existence while trying to maintain a "self image" is like a dog forever tied to a single pole.
    my etsy Morphochroma

I know you think I'm crazy,
    but most people they can't tell.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

who is he? i dont think I know this fool! Ah who the hell am I kidding, I know my self way too well. Why? hmm I guess I have put my self in a lot of situations and I know what I will and wont do so I guess its because I put my self through a lot.

in all honesty I wish I wasnt gay, I have accepted it, but I know that life would be much smoother if I wasnt it.

umm not really
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

thanks in advance for any responses.
    I actually begin to feel really disoriented after a lot of self-reflection. Like, I don't know how to be myself or I don't know what I am anymore. Like, have you ever said a word over and over again until suddenly it loses all meaning to you? You can only even barely remember that the word once had a definition, because the syllables sound so foreign to your ears. Sometimes it even happens with my own name. That freaks me out a little.

If I could change something about myself, to be honest, on some level I wish I were more of a J. Maybe on other levels I don't. But I wish I could do it better.

Right now, I'm just focusing on awareness, like how/why I react to certain situations the way I do.

My ideal self image would be a me who is confident and centered.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.