User Tag List

First 123 Last

TiNe_2_IP, You are right about that and I can't even think of anyone named Jack in my present life. Good points, EffEm & Tallulah. I notice these things, too. Not to long ago it seemed like the name "Chuck" was really popular in the media.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    ISTP

Jack's a pretty cool name.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    Jack's a pretty cool name.
    I have nothing against the name Jack in the real world but how cool can it be in the entertainment world when it is so 'worn out' by dozens of others using it?
    Don't they have any imagination?
    Surely Jack can't be the only name considered masculine in the USA, what about all the other poor sods who haven't been named Jack, are they considered 'less than' by definition? (ooh feeling feisty)

I did wonder if it had anything to do with JFK and the adoration Americans seem to have had for him?
    Last edited by TiNe_2_IP; 05-24-2010 at 03:17 AM. Reason: punctuation no-no
    'It's the question that drives us, Neo. It's the question that brought you here.... The answer is out there, Neo, and it's looking for you, and it will find you if you want it to.' Trinity

Agent Brown: 'Perhaps we are asking the wrong questions.'

'Maybe the questions are right, we just don't like the answers'

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And the only way you can put me down is by homophobia.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
    homophobia? you got to be kidding me. LOL
    *shamed*

I think they do the same thing with the name Hank or Henry.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

How many good names are there for males? They kinda all suck...

They either are the same few repetitive ones used over and over and over and over... christopher, joeseph, charles, patrick, etc, most of which are ones from the bible.

They're bland, they're boring, and EVERYONE has heard them before...

Jack is like any other name for males really, it's generic, it's overused, and it's boring.

Yeu poor guys...

I swear, if I ever end up having kids and get a male, I flat out REFUSE to name them something ordinary. They're getting something epic like Saschael, or Kotra, or a mythological name like Daedelus, or maybe one from fiction.

Regardless, there are the odd guys out there with cool names... one instructor at the school is named Thor XD Though... for a short, balding relatively round guy it's not that fitting a name, but he really is awesome at whot he does =3

Still, names for guys suck generally. There's not many of them, and the ones there are, are reused way too much. I'm not surprised "jack" is used alot. Check any other name. Try "Paul" or "Larry" or whotever... >.< Bet yeu'll get the same results...

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And we have our very own Jack Flak.

Victor, buy a blow-up doll of Jack Flak. You're obsessed.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

And what's up with Hollywood and giving Dutch characters German names? Every time a Dutch person is in a Hollywood movie, they name them Heinrich or something. Is it that hard to find out what names are really Dutch?
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    How many good names are there for males? They kinda all suck...

They either are the same few repetitive ones used over and over and over and over... christopher, joeseph, charles, patrick, etc, most of which are ones from the bible.

They're bland, they're boring, and EVERYONE has heard them before...

Jack is like any other name for males really, it's generic, it's overused, and it's boring.

Yeu poor guys...

I swear, if I ever end up having kids and get a male, I flat out REFUSE to name them something ordinary. They're getting something epic like Saschael, or Kotra, or a mythological name like Daedelus, or maybe one from fiction.

Regardless, there are the odd guys out there with cool names... one instructor at the school is named Thor XD Though... for a short, balding relatively round guy it's not that fitting a name, but he really is awesome at whot he does =3

Still, names for guys suck generally. There's not many of them, and the ones there are, are reused way too much. I'm not surprised "jack" is used alot. Check any other name. Try "Paul" or "Larry" or whotever... >.< Bet yeu'll get the same results...
    Poor kids. =(

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    ROFL!!! you know what Thor means in Arabic? a really obese cow. It's used as an insult