User Tag List

123 Last

figsfiggyfigs

Default The most unreasonable/idiotic thing you've ever heard someone say?

I'm not asking about things you've heard in this forum, although that is also a possibility, but in a whole.

what is the most unreasonable/idiotic thing you've ever heard?

-----Mines-----

I just remembered I was speaking to this women a few months ago, and she was going on and on about how people from her country are born naturally better (than any other race) at pronouncing foreign languages/words correctly.

---------------------- If this is a repeated topic, please close it

MBTI
    INTJ

I am having difficulty choosing one out of 5500+ of Victor's posts.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

^

like lasers coming out of the faucets for instance?

my ex liked to insist all kinds of stupid things... like "Russia wasn't part of the USSR!" and "I don't know who Buffalo Springfield is, but Dave Matthews Band sang For What It's Worth- you're amazingly stupid!" :rolli:
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I've heard a lot of very stupid things in my day. I don't know if the following is the stupidest, but it's up there.

I was watching a show (on Discovery, or TLC, I don't remember which) about impressive physical feats, especially along mystical lines. So not surprisingly, there was something about hot coal walking. They had Indian yogis and faqirs and such, but they also showed amateur North Americans...

The show explained, scientifically, how hot coal walking is possible. It's all because of the perspiration on the bottom of your feet. But for the hell of it, they decided to ask the amateur walkers how they thought it was possible.

One of them, who looked a bit like a lumberjack, responded to the question simply with this: "I believe in a 5th dimension". That's it. Go over that again.

Q: "How is it possible for you to walk on hot coals unharmed?"
    A: "I believe in a 5th dimension".

I contort my mind to understand that answer, but it is just nested stupidity.

I still rarely encounter answers that dumb.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

lol, there are at least 10 dimensions (according to M theory/super-strings theory), but if this guy is implying that he is able to phase shift into a different dimension when walking on coal .......im speechless.lol
    Extraverted - 25 Introverted - 75
    Sensing - 0 Intuition - 100
    Thinking - 63 Feeling - 37
    Judging - 63 Perceiving - 37

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Good grief - I was on the bus minding my own business when this lady came and sat next to me, thought she was a nice lady and we talked lightly about religion and politics and I was like - sure, sure - when she started talking

about the new world order, about Iran's evil dictator, about Venezuela's evil dictator, about how when Israel is in trouble that Jesus will come back, and all the bad people will remain on Earth which will turn into hell and all the good people will go to heaven and that there's this great speaker in Thailand, said nonbelievers would go to hell .. ALL THIS AFTER I TOLD HER I AM AN ATHEIST -- that's a strong implication that she thinks I am going to hell.

I am all for religious freedom, I am not a hater , everyone is free to believe whatever, but the above is the most idiotic bullshit I have ever heard (and I am usually a sympathetic person) and I am pissed that she is allowed to vote (seriously I am) because this is exactly the type of person who contributes to the major screwing up of our politics.

It is completely illogical - what the fuck do you mean the past century of history between the countries and of people doesn't matter - only that the higher entity gets to decide what happens to us and what our fate is, we have gone through so many failures and triumphs of humanity FOR humanity and this is how it will all end - how countries perform and how they turn out to be ruled by a 'dictator' doesn't matter, it is all about God and Jesus.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Can I use gold to put down as collateral on a secured credit card?

I heard someone ask a teller this the other day in the bank.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Starsiege View Post
    lol, there are at least 10 dimensions (according to M theory/super-strings theory), but if this guy is implying that he is able to phase shift into a different dimension when walking on coal .......im speechless.lol
    That would be one HELL of an impressive achievement, however. Maybe you have to be in an advanced "no-mind" state, at least with regard to your presence in our own dimension, to do this dimensional transit thingy.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    IsTP

My father once said, "There can't be aliens because The Bible doesn't say there are."
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

(My best friend driving somewhere)

(Silence)

Him: AHHHHHHH!!!!!
    Me: Interesting.