User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Once, in early high school, my teacher was explaining how all actors used to be males, so the part of Juliet was played by a man. There was a picture of a woman on the page we were on, and some girl in my class said "So that's really a man in this picture?"

The teacher says, "No, they didn't have cameras 400 years ago. That's just a picture of a woman."
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

ThatGirl

Broken bones heal but trophies last forever.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by themightybob View Post
    Yea, but the fact that he was a social studies teacher makes it pretty bad.
    Are you sure he wasn't a gym teacher teaching history?

MBTI
    ESFJ

When I worked at Hollywood Video, a woman and her child came in and she picked out a few videos and brought them up. My co-worker asked for her membership card, and she handed him a Blockbuster card. He pointed out the mistake and asked for her HOLLYWOOD VIDEO card. She got agitated and said, "I already got this card from the video store down the block!" My poor co-worker had to explain to this woman that Blockbuster and Hollywood were, in fact, two different companies who did the same thing, and that she would need to fill out a membership sheet and be issued a card in order to rent videos from our store. She literally could not comprehend for several minutes that two different companies could compete in the same industry and that there isn't a universal video rental card. Eventually, she put down the videos and left.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

wow, was she fob? lol

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

This thread made me a bit sad. I'm sure many people find here would find me extremely idiotic based on this thread alone. These aren't even the worst things I've ever said.

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I was laid off from my first real job after college. I had only been at the job a short time. Coincidentally, my mother found out that I had been skipping mass to hang out with my friend that lives across the street from the church.

Me: "Mom, I lost my job today."

Mom: "Maybe if you'd gone to church this wouldn't have happened."
    I've said this before. Not the church itself thing, but this concept of sticking two entirely unrelated things together. It's more to stab at the other thing, and caring less about the former thing entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by BRMC117 View Post
    my friend: OH MY GOD, GUESS WHAT?
    me: what?
    my friend: YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW
    me:
    Said this before.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    -> After meeting someone new.

Her: "She doesn't like me."
    Me: "Why?"
    Her: "She just doesn't."
    Me: ...
    I don't know how many times I've said this. Met someone, and immediately felt as if there's a negative vibe in my direction. About 90% of the time I'm correct. The other 10% they were just pissed off at the world and were trying to mask it during an obligatory greeting, etc.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    This thread made me a bit sad. I'm sure many people find here would find me extremely idiotic based on this thread alone. These aren't even the worst things I've ever said.
    I say some idiotic things too, so its ok, I am right there with ya
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

My mother: "What are you learning about in school right now?"
    Me: "The war of 1812"
    Mom: "Oh? When was that?"
    Me: "...18...12?"

And yes, she meant WHEN the war was... it's left me in shock to this day.

The next dumbest thing though, is the argument "No.". As in, no explaination, no reason, nothing, just "no".

Oh and ... because there was one guy in one of my classes who was half blind in one eye and fully blind in the other, he'd realized he didn't have to know wth he was talking about and would still pass every class and would never have to work in his life, so he was an idiot and an asshole all the time. He wasn't stupid, he just didn't care because he didn't need to, and was pampered endlessly... which... led to quite a few horrible... horrible... HORRIBLE quotes.

"Go quoth yourself!" <-- this went on for about two weeks after we did the 'quoth the raven, nevermore' poem in english... he just flat out refused to accept that 'quoth' meant 'quote', and that any word that comes out of someone's mouth is literally quothing themselves...

"Oh yeah, WW2? That's the one where we kicked the american's ass wasn't it?"
    "No, mike, we were on the same side..." *Facepalm*
    "Must've been WW1 then"
    *Brain melts*

"I'm a lesbian because I like girls!" <-- said long before this was a fad... and unlike most people, he honestly believed it and refused to accept the dictionary's definition, and since he couldn't read, insisted we were lying on reading the definition out loud.

There were endless such stupid things said; it was like watching a forum troll in real life, except the "moderators" are all sympathetic towards the troll because they're handicapped. It was pathetic to watch.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    similarly, kyuuei! i can say the dumbest things and make an idiotic impression.. especially if i've misheard, or if my mind is elsewhere. a lot of these seem like sort of unfair examples to me.

for example:

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post

And yes, she meant WHEN the war was... it's left me in shock to this day.
    now, granted, i wasn't present for this conversation, but i can imagine myself much like "Mom" if i were quite preoccupied. it seems almost as if she were following a script, without noticing that the historical event named is one of the few where her follow-up question would seem foolish.

these sorts of conversational "goofs" are akin in my head to tripping or stumbling while walking. people walk around without thinking much of it, putting in minimal effort. they have a pretty good idea of how high they have to lift their feet to avoid tripping. every so often, there's a curveball. distance is misjudged, and your feet hit the riser of a stair, a crack in the sidewalk. doesn't make you clumsy or stupid, just perhaps lazy.

personally, i can't afford to be 100% present for every single verbal interaction. i'd rather put my energy elsewhere. result? i make mistakes like this occasionally. be kind!
    "Develop interest in life as you see it...the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself." -- H. Miller
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Johari the good..
    Nohari.. the bad, and the ugly

I'm a FiNe SiTe to see!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    The correct answer is 1812-1815.