User Tag List

First 23456 Last

There's no such thing as society - M. Thatcher

Although she got pretty close to making that a reality.

I'll probably be contributing to this thread lots, I can think of quite a few but I need to consider which where really stupid, which just made me angry (that's easy, people who post things like "Christianity LOL") and which while seeming stupid to me would be too difficult to describe without turning out muderously dull.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

friend- HA HA HA he sounds like Halloween
    me- Halloween?
    friend- yea, you know...scary
    me- I dont know you right now
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Stupid things said in sincerity... Stupid things said in sincerity... Someone's attempted to convince me once, that Bhuddism could essentially be tacked on to any religion whatsoever, and change neither. (In a, "We can all get along, just don't refuse ANY belief, even if it contradicts a previous, accepted belief" way.) I'm fairly certain that there's something else, but I don't want to try to remember that, lest my brain cells start destroying themselves.
    INTP,
    Neutral Good/Lawful Good even split. 5w4 sp/sx melancholic/supine, even split. Yes, I stole this method of placement from black cat.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I've had many people try to tell me how to pronounce my own last name. Pft, like I don't know how to pronounce my own.

Ex:

Them: Hey, what's your last name?
    me: Oh, it's P*****o.
    Them: Uh.. don't you mean Palacios?
    me: No, it's P*****o.
    Them: No, you're wrong. It's Palacios.
    me: I think I know how to pronounce my own last name.
    them: OMG, you're such a cracker, it's Palacios (and yes, someone has said this exact line to me when I lived on the southern border.)
    Me: mmm, good thing I'm hispanic or else that comment would've hurt. *writes last name on a piece of paper* THERE, that is how my last name is spelled. COMPLETELY different than Palacios.
    Them:....oh.

Palacios is a Mexican last name (if I'm correct) and my last name is a Spanish last name. So they really wouldn't know- actually they could if they read the freakin letters right. :steam:
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I have two that come to mind.

1. My former step mother once told me about how an angel had appeared to her and assured her that everything would be alright. The angel appeared to her because she(the step-mother) had to releive herself on a airplane that didn't have a bathroom.

If angels exist, they should certainly have better things to do than comfort those about to soil themselves.

2. My 9th grade history teacher told the class that the country of syria was located in africa.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Once, back in university, I was talking with some super smart, A++, law student friends a story about how I watched Australian Big Brother for the first time that day. I was telling them about this really thick woman on the show who had said a number of stupid things:

Me: She's a complete idiot! She actually asked someone why some eggs have chickens in them and why some don't!
    Law student 1: Really...
    Law student 2: Crazy...
    Law student 1: So... um... why is that?
    Law student 2: OMG I was just wondering the same thing!
    Me:

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by themightybob View Post
    2. My 9th grade history teacher told the class that the country of syria was located in africa.
    Well... It's close!
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Well... It's close!
    Yea, but the fact that he was a social studies teacher makes it pretty bad.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by themightybob View Post
    I have two that come to mind.

1. My former step mother once told me about how an angel had appeared to her and assured her that everything would be alright. The angel appeared to her because she had to releive herself on a plane that didn't have a bathroom.

If angels exist, they should certainly have better things to do than comfort those about to soil themselves.
    i feel like i might get torn apart for this, but i totally read the bolded sentence as: the angel came and appeared to the former step mother because the angel was travelling on a plane (like astral plane) that didn't have a bathroom, so the angel came to our dimension to use our toilets, ran into the stepmom and felt the need to explain herself!

does the above qualify as unreasonable or idiotic enough?
    "Develop interest in life as you see it...the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself." -- H. Miller
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Johari the good..
    Nohari.. the bad, and the ugly

I'm a FiNe SiTe to see!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by demimondaine View Post
    i feel like i might get torn apart for this, but i totally read the bolded sentence as: the angel came and appeared to the former step mother because the angel was travelling on a plane (like astral plane) that didn't have a bathroom, so the angel came to our dimension to use our toilets, ran into the stepmom and felt the need to explain herself!
    Well, you'll be happy to know I edited the post to avoid anyone making the same mistake in the future...