12311 Last

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Default Favorite movie scenes!

Thanks to the magic of YouTube it is now possible to share your favorite movie clips.

I this movie! Cable Guy Scenes (Hilarious)
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I can't access YouTube here at work, and I'd have too many scenes to even list a good representation in a thread like this.

To focus on serious action dramas for a moment, though:

One great one is the conversation between Neil (Robert deNiro) and Vincent (Al Pacino) in the coffee shop, in the move "Heat."

Another is the conversation between Ethan Hawk (Tom Cruise) and Owen Davies (Phillip Seymour Hoffman) first on the plane AND then after especially Ethan has been captured and the countdown is occurring, in "Mission Impossible 3."

The end of The Sixth Sense is good too.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Here's a clip from the classic Lifetime movie Cyber Seduction: His Secret Life.

Okay, seriously. This clip from Almost Famous is wonderful. So's this one. Though, this may be the best - music as catharsis.

Dammit! And this one, too.

Okay, I'm done editing now. That's just such a fantastic movie.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    INTJ

Every single scene from "The Holy Grail". I've been trying to pick just one or two. I can't wont do it.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

The first scene that comes to mind is actually Napolean getting hit in the head by a steak, in Napolean Dynamite.

And then in Contact, when Jodie (don't remember her character name) is traveling through the wormholes...just the images of the galxies/universe take my breath away every time.

I truly love the LOTR movies, as well as The English Patient (I know, I know...lots of people think it's cheesy, but I just love it). Lots of landscape/cinematography stuff in those movies that I love - and in English Patient, a lot of the character dynamics too.

I'm sure I'll think of more.

Edit: AH!!! Just thought of one! Watched X2 over the weekend....I **LOVE** that movie. So many good scenes. Which to pick?? Hmm....it would have to be something with Wolverine in it.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ
    Likes phobik liked this post

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm horribly embarassed to admit that one of my favorite movie scenes is from Love Actually, where the english writer goes to propose to his portuguese maid- I love the awkwardness of the fact that each tries to speak in the other's language but neither is good at it!

This might have to do with my experiences in learning portuguese and teaching english though!

Love Actually - Jamie
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post

Okay, seriously. This clip from Almost Famous is wonderful. So's this one. Though, this may be the best - music as catharsis.

Dammit! And this one, too.

Okay, I'm done editing now. That's just such a fantastic movie.
    That movie is just one 2 1/2 hour great scene. Of the ones you put, I like the last one the most...poor kid trying to pretend he's dangerous. Another one that really gets me in this movie is when she ODs in the bathtub and he still can't stop ogling her and thinking about her in a sexual way. Such is the life of an infatuated teenage boy!

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I'm horribly embarassed to admit that one of my favorite movie scenes is from Love Actually, where the english writer goes to propose to his portuguese maid- I love the awkwardness of the fact that each tries to speak in the other's language but neither is good at it!

This might have to do with my experiences in learning portuguese and teaching english though!

Love Actually - Jamie
    Don't be embarrassed, that's a great movie! And that might be the best scene in it, especially if you count the cutaways to her family and the townspeople rushing to the restaurant. I also love the scene with Hugh Grant stuffed in the back of the car with the octopus. I never knew that octopi, lobsters and Spider Men were part of a traditional nativity scene.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Rajah View Post

Okay, seriously. This clip from Almost Famous is wonderful.
    I love Cat Stevens and this clip.
    Though, this may be the best - music as catharsis.
    Wow, MacG kind of resembles Jason Lee. Anyone else see this?

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post

Don't be embarrassed. I love this movie too!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

The docking sequence in 2001: A Space Odyssey.