User Tag List

First 2345 Last

I have 629 movies rated on Netflix. Many of those were movies that I streamed off the site. I can take a quick peak. I'll put a smiley face by each one I believe to be more unknown and original in some way, but these are all movies that I loved.

Evil - Very good Swedish film

The Man From Earth - A lot done with a very simple concept

Californication Season 1 - Awesome show!

Barry Lyndon
    Being John Malkovich
    Blow
    Book of Love
    The Cider House Rules
    Donnie Darko
    Lonesome Jim
    Moon - One of my favorite sci-fi movies of all time.
    Mongol
    Pans Labyrinth
    Pandorum
    The Razor's Edge
    Spring Forward
    The Vicious Kind
    WALL-E
    Whatever Works
    The Jacket
    Full Metal Jacket
    The Machinist
    Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I liked Trailer Park Boys: The Movie. It's funny in a stupid and subversively twisted sort of way.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Here's three Netflix streaming movies I love that I think are criminally underseen:

The Red Shoes
    This is a movie that's a favorite of many accomplished directors. A great backstage drama about a ballet company, it has some of the best cinematography ever, in super saturated Technicolor.

The Umbrellas of Cherbourg
    This is a French movie about star-crossed lovers. It features Catherine Deneuve at her Catherine Deneuviest. It's also gorgeous to look at, another great example of the dear departed Technicolor.

The Commitments
    A great comedy about the rise and fall of a Dublin band that plays 60s American soul music. It's really funny and the music is great. Glen Hansard from the bands The Frames and The Swell Season and the movie Once plays one of the band members.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post
    Moon - One of my favorite sci-fi movies of all
    Pans Labyrinth
    "I put the fires out."
    "you made them worse."
    "worse...or better?"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Every so often I enjoy grade A fratboy humor (i.e. Animal House/Porkeys). If you can relate or otherwise embrace your inner 16 year old (mostly dudes and perhaps also some ESTP girls) check out the following via streaming, crude/frat boy humour but nevertheless class A quality fratboy humour:

Sex Drive (Unrated)
    Archer: Season 1
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Very disturbing movie but one of my favorite foreign films. La pianiste (2001) aka "The Piano Teacher" just discovered it was available Netflix streaming.

Not for the feight hearted, aberrant sexuality and sadism and machism in and outside sexuality along with self denial. More importantly than the spicey subject is its expose demonstated by the director as well as its lead actress.
    Thanks to your suggestion, I watched that film last night. I must say, I'm a little disapointed that I didn't get to see a giant red French bush. I'm used to watching slow moving and weird movies. It was good - I just don't know what kind of impression it left on me.

Moon is a must see. I can't believe they even have that one on the instant menu because it's too good. If you've seen it, let me know what you thought.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last night I watched Fetching Cody, too. It was pretty good, but almost like a remake of "The Butterfly Effect". But this one had a lot more comedy in it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sp
    Socionics
    INTp

Boxing Helena – still not available on Netflix but it is quirky/weird strange.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sp
    Socionics
    INTp

Crimes of Passion (1984) - not yet available for streaming but a movie that would fit the quirky/campy mode.