User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Favorite toys!

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I loved Polly Pockets! I only had one set of them because my family was so poor back then (and these were given to me as a gift). I did have a friend who had this huge plastic container FULL of polly pocket stuff. It was my heaven back then.

I had a Ferbie as well. We took it's batteries out after a while because there was just something creepy and unusual about it.
    Any time our cat would walk by it, the ferbie would suddenly purr and say "here kitty, kitty, kitty." I know that every time our family would pray together, all of a sudden it would wake up, yawn and say "ohhhh borrringggg".
    The thing was just weird.

I did a lot of playing outside usually. My bike, roller blades and huge back yard were what i used everyday.

We also had a tamagotchi. That was fun for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

I used to love the hell out of my Transformers, but my Legos were my favorite.

That was all I really played with.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Legos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Oh yes, I LOVED legos!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

I loved Beanie babies. They were, quite literally, my "babies".

But I usually just played with my sister's baby clothes and accessories. I liked using small, innate objects as babies...I remember using balls, pill bottles, telephones (they were huge enough to be babies back then), and power cord strips as my babies.

I remember playing with animals...even the bugs outside, etc., were all apart my big "family". Looking back now, I realize that I was a serious NF child in the making.
    All people see, but no one sees the same.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    I had a Ferbie as well. We took it's batteries out after a while because there was just something creepy and unusual about it.
    Any time our cat would walk by it, the ferbie would suddenly purr and say "here kitty, kitty, kitty." I know that every time our family would pray together, all of a sudden it would wake up, yawn and say "ohhhh borrringggg".
    The thing was just weird.

I don't really remember any specific favourites. I mostly ran around outside and climbed trees and did my own little explorations around the woods and stuff.

I didn't really play with dolls although I went through the little homemaker phases occasionally. Oh, I used to design and sew tiny clothes for my dolls once in a while.

Legos, especially the bigger ones were so much fun. And I used to have these kits of model houses with all the details that had to be put together (not Legos, I don't know what they were called, they were very realistic and detailed). That was fun. Video games, naturally.

I used to play cards and checkers with my brother and grandpa.

Then came the books and I was hooked.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

LEGOS

I had almost all of the star wars ones ( I still do, they're in my attic somewhere but half broken up and the instructions are probably missing). I liked the instructions because I wasn't clever enough as a 8-10 year old to make an X-wing out of random pieces I had lying around.

nothing really sticks out besides that except vidya games.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    knife

bow and arrows

sticks and rocks and mud

the forest and creek

sports equipment (softball, tennis and soccer to be specific)

ummm... yeah, I had toys, but usually didn't play with them- I grew up on a farm with a forest, creek and pond and that was a lot more interesting
    weirdo

actually, I think my favorite game to play outside was spy. Any espionage, or pre-pubescent version of espionage was fun. Me and a friend used to go to a nearby construction site and sneak around and throw dirt clods near the workers. What a couple of prick kids.

oh, i made a bow out of bamboo and yo-yo string once after a week of power outage after a big hurricane. It could actually shoot sticks pretty far!

MBTI
    ----

barbie and her accoutrements. still love dressing up to this day...and going on glamorous dates with plastic men.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Legos and toy guns.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Legos, stickle bricks, building blocks, toy guns, toy swords and shield and armour, we also had lots of little cars that you'd sit on and drive around the yard but our bigger neighbouring cousins broke them. We had lots of the He-Man action figures, plus Action Man toys and then games consoles. We had a lot growing up, maybe not the first year things were popular but a year after that or the following year.

We ALWAYS waited for birthdays or Christmas though, there wasnt any such thing as I see that so I'll get it, right now, which I think has stood to me at least pretty well through the years.

I vividly remember one of them pulling a wheel of a little police car I had and then on another day putting a rock through a favourite chair/seat thing of my brother after he had my brother beg with him not to do it. Hmm, yeah, pretty emotionally scarred.