User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Synapse - I love your description!

for me iNtuition is about being open to possibilities, making connections (mostly based on past observation and/or experience where senses have salted the info away for later retrieval) that others seem unable to see, and seeing/predicting possible action and consequence like a 4 dimensional map in my head instead of a linear process. This (for me at least as an NT) is then ameliorated by the Thinking which acts like a defacto Sensing to check my rationale and seek other supporting evidence. If that makes sense???

Senior Member ObliviousExistence's Avatar
    MBTI
    loco
    Enneagram
    5W4

intuition: the process of utilizing a repository of collected models or perspectives of relationships between objects to aid in decision making. Its a process of abstracting and perceiving connections, possibilities and relationships between objects and creating models which have discernment value.

sensation: a sensuous direct relationship with the object\reality, there is no abstracting from it as in the case of intuition. It is based on the impression the object created on the subject. The objects of perception releases varying sensations onto the subject.
    "He was free, free in every way, free to behave like a fool or a machine, free to accept, free to refuse, free to equivocate; to marry, to give up the game, to drag this death weight about with him for years to come. He could do what he liked, no one had the right to advise him, there would be for him no Good or Evil unless he thought them into being." JP Sartre

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ObliviousExistence View Post
    intuition: the process of utilizing a repository of collected models or perspectives of relationships between objects to aid in decision making. Its a process of abstracting and perceiving connections, possibilities and relationships between objects and creating models which have discernment value.

sensation: a sensuous direct relationship with the object\reality, there is no abstracting from it as in the case of intuition. It is based on the impression the object created on the subject. The objects of perception releases varying sensations onto the subject.
    right on!
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by InsatiableCuriosity View Post
    Synapse - I love your description!

for me iNtuition is about being open to possibilities, making connections (mostly based on past observation and/or experience where senses have salted the info away for later retrieval) that others seem unable to see, and seeing/predicting possible action and consequence like a 4 dimensional map in my head instead of a linear process. This (for me at least as an NT) is then ameliorated by the Thinking which acts like a defacto Sensing to check my rationale and seek other supporting evidence. If that makes sense???
    Why is it that I get the impression that with an INTP "seeing what others dont"(basically seeing something other then whats in front of you) is Ne, "making connections" is Ti, and "Thinking which acts like a defacto Sensing" is Si?
    Im out, its been fun

Riva

When it comes to getting it!!!/ knowing how/ coming to a conclusion -

Intuitive dependent would - suddenly get the big picture in the head then connect the numbers to form the clearer picture.

A Sensing dependent would - connect the numbers to form a clear picture and then would form a bigger picture.

Riva

EDIT -

Intuitive dependent
    125 is the answer
    then would come up with the facts - 10+55+60 = 125

Sensory dependent
    The facts are - 10,55,60.
    Therefore the conclusion is - 125

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Why is it that I get the impression that with an INTP "seeing what others dont"(basically seeing something other then whats in front of you) is Ne, "making connections" is Ti, and "Thinking which acts like a defacto Sensing" is Si?
    You mistake me Poki - seeing what others don't does NOT necessarily imply seeing something other than what is in front of you - it is seeing it with a different awareness - using that information for what is currently required with all related possibilities/consequences/relativity, evaluated and retained, or discarded (for the moment) until needed.

Funnily enough most of what NTs do is to create tools and processes to enable non NTs. Nature has a reason for the distribution of the types in different cultures in the same way the correct proportion of types of ants are born into an ant colony. We all need each others' skills to survive!
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Intuitive dependent - 125 then would come up with the facts. 10+55+60 = 125
    Sensing dependent would just see 125, to many things add up to even try to see anything else.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by InsatiableCuriosity View Post
    You mistake me Poki - seeing what others don't does NOT necessarily imply seeing something other than what is in front of you - it is seeing it with a different awareness - using that information for what is currently required with all related possibilities/consequences/relativity, evaluated and retained, or discarded (for the moment) until needed.

Funnily enough most of what NTs do is to create tools and processes to enable non NTs. Nature has a reason for the distribution of the types in different cultures in the same way the correct proportion of types of ants are born into an ant colony. We all need each others' skills to survive!
    Ok, you have your wording I have mine It does NOT necessarily, but in reality it does, just NOT NECESSARILY
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Ok, you have your wording I have mine It does NOT necessarily, but in reality it does, just NOT NECESSARILY
    — Richard P. Feynman

author unknown