User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

To me, intuition is creating all sorts of general principles and connections; they can be right or wrong, useful or useless, helpful or mean; good or evil;...
    It's worth nothing unless you check your theories with sensing.

Example.
    The Old Greeks thought the planets moved in circles because circles were the most perfect shapes (N).
    Tycho Brahe composed huge lists with observations of the stars and the planets (S).
    Kepler derived some general principles (eg. planets move in ellipses) from Brahe's list (N) and checked them with experiments (S).
    Newton proposed a general law of attraction for gravity (N) and checked if Kepler's laws were consistent with it (N).
    Einstein realized Newton's laws were inconsistent with electricity and composed some theory called relativity which united them (N).
    Relativity predicted slightly different movements for the planets, especially for Mercury. These have been observed (S).

Example 2:
    The planets influence our future. eg, if Mars is in your sign, some turbulent period is awaiting you because the planet Mars is named after the Roman war god. The identification is because Mars is red (N).
    There is no observed correlation between the motion of the planets and the events here on Earth (except for the motion of Earth, which is notably absent in astrology, and which does influence our lives by creating day and night and seasons) (S).
    There is more to the world than that what can be observed! (N)

I especially hate the "Intuition sees the world on a deeper, more fundamental level" crap. It doesn't. Only the combination can advance our knowlegde. Sensing only doesn't see the generalities which are necessarily abstract. Intuition only sees millions of general laws and mostly wrong ones. The combination of S and N doesn't have to be in the same person, even. Brahe didn't derive general laws, but without him Kepler wouldn't have done it. Unfortunately, only Newton and Einstein, the great Ns, have got the recognition they earned. So remember Tycho Brahe, the great S.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

What alakazam posted is good.

The strongest and most clearly visible moments of intuition I have when I meet a new person or a new environment and am biased about it in some way. Like a new person is sympathetic to me in an instant or distrustful in an instant.

The other thing beside that is a constant streak of deja vues. Especially now since I am a bit older I experience them more frequently and I think that the mind somehow has experienced certain moments before and connects them somehow.

I have no real control over my intuitin, it helps my brain to work as a pattern generator and I am brilliant in brainstorming sessions at work or when it comes to improvising an electrical circuit, but my main strain of thought I try to keep very linear, controlled and systemized ( basically tho to be able to talk to others ).

Most of those intuitive moments I experience thru emotions, what has not always been the thing aswell. When I was younger the mind was more chaotic, like the text I am just writing
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Something made up as an excuse for people to jump to ridiculous conclusions.

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I have no real control over my intuition, it helps my brain to work as a pattern generator and I am brilliant in brainstorming sessions at work or when it comes to improvising an electrical circuit, but my main strain of thought I try to keep very linear, controlled and systemized (basically tho to be able to talk to others).
    This - this is me!
    Intuition is the supra-logic that cuts out all the routine processes of thought and leaps straight from the problem to the answer.

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

P.S.: entropie, I love your screen name! It's so... chaotic and random!
    Intuition is the supra-logic that cuts out all the routine processes of thought and leaps straight from the problem to the answer.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

haha i like that...i'm going with jaguar's answer
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    STP

Intuition is when I see something and it causes me to think of something else. Sometimes I understand the parallel thought, sometimes I dont, but its something I have experienced or understand, just sometimes forgotten with just enough of a trace of memory present to make the connection. It would be like validating sensory info with theory. Sometimes the parallels are entertaining sometimes they are not.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Like an acorn.
    The surface thoughts are the appearance.
    The depth is what takes root and grows out of it.

Like a TV antenna receptor but for the brain.
    Tune into the different frequencies.

If Beta emits when we are consciously alert, or we feel agitated, tense, afraid, with frequencies ranging from 13 to 60 pulses per second in the Hertz scale.

And Alpha happens when we are in a state of physical and mental relaxation, although aware of what is happening around us, its frequency are around 7 to 13 pulses per second.

Are tapping into the conscious faculties and frequencies.

Then Theta more or less 4 to 7 pulses, it is a state of somnolence with reduced consciousness.

And Delta when there is unconsciousness, deep sleep or catalepsy, emitting between 0.1 and 4 cycles per second.

are tapping into the subconscious and intuitive faculties.

Maybe/maybe not?!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

nah not really, would be trippy if there was something to it though.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I always associated it with strange people, so I'd define it as strangeness.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.