User Tag List

First 34567 Last

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I remember, when I was 13 I got mistaken for being some dirty old guy with a sex doll who's pretending to be a teenage girl. Poor me, I had to ask my parents what a sex doll was.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    I am not talking about the friend function.

Just saying. They were my observations. What I felt about your gender. In your case it was completely off. *Shrugs*
    Curzon, have you ever wondered what it would feel like to check the genders of captive alligators at a local zoo, and have your hands gnawed on because you were so terrible at it?

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Curzon, have you ever wondered what it would feel like to check the genders of captive alligators at a local zoo, and have your hands gnawed on because you were so terrible at it?
    No way man. I am no Zoophiliac. But hey... if you like it you shouldn't stop doing it.

Edit - Some people have some shitty hobbies.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Ever since I began frequenting forums (2005), people have thought I was a guy. I cannot tell you how many times I've heard this.

Why do they think this? Do most of you women get this?

What sort of thing makes you assume someone's a dude? How do the more obvious women write?
    I initially thought you were a dude because of your username, writing style and your then current avatar, (which was of some hippie dude wearing a hat).

Back at my first forum, when I was really nitty gritty about debating with folks, despite my feminine username, and despite my self-portrait-esque avatars, people would still accuse me of being a dude.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    i get mistaken for a guy on here, and i'm not a guy. i think it has to do with sterotypes, mostly because i'm alot less squeamish then alot of people not squeamish=guy apparently.
    Manly avatar = dude. Plus, we all know there aren't any girls on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    Heh... most people on here seem to think I'm a guy.

They're correct, of course... just clearing that up...
    Phew!!
    Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    I initially thought you were male because your avatar was of a man at the time I joined, not necessarily because anything you posted was particularly masculine.
    Yep.

That's why I have a pic of me as my avatar...lol, hopefully I look like a chick!
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    GONE

Disregard...not sure if I typed you as a guy...don't think I did.

I have only had this issue of mistyping gender with (a few) ENTP women on this forum. I think it's a combo of 'gender neutral' or seemingly 'masculine' names and avatars with a very unembellished, straightforward speaking style. IRL the speech patterns for women is likewise more embellished than men, with the voice going up and down a lot more, and I think women tend to ask more 'checking in' questions like "Really? Is that so? How's that?" etc.

I think when you see text only it is by definition 'gender neutral' (which means masculine) but adding visuals and signifiers like pictures/avatars/names/signatures makes a big difference.

No matter how you were typing if your username was "Big Bad Dave Likes Girls" and you had a picture of a Harley and a quote by Nietzsche in your sig, I think people would think you were a dude...or maybe an ironic lesbian...or be confused.
    Last edited by CzeCze; 05-20-2010 at 12:41 AM. Reason: added qualifiers
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I confuse, or should I say assume, many T girls to be dudes, unless they have feminine usernames and/or avatars.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    No way man. I am no Zoophiliac. But hey... if you like it you shouldn't stop doing it.
    Oh, no. I'm just looking out for your safety. Most people would just be mortified if you were arrested for being one of those weirdos who installs cameras underneath public toilet seats.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Oh, no. I'm just looking out for your safety. Most people would just be mortified if you were arrested for being one of those weirdos who installs cameras underneath public toilet seats.

Or worse if they mistake me to be you for staring at Reptile genitals for too long.

You do give a lot of kinky shit ideas

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Many times I thought you were a hippie, but never a dude.