User Tag List

123 Last

Default What is your choice?

You're a powerful entity. You are invisible to everyone, but you experience their worlds as you see fit.

Let's say you see a group of people brutally raping and slaughtering a village of people. You get to witness their cries and screams and the look of confusion and fear in the eyes of the children, as well as the charged incoherent discordant yelling and aggressive goading of the slaughtering group.

You see this situation occur and then a higher entity rewinds the world you are viewing to before the slaughtering group decided to make its rampage on the village. Someone who is a higher entity is telling you to deal with the situation or this higher entity will destroy you (and you can't do a thing about it).

What this higher entity wants is for you to not let this situation occur. How you deal with it and all possibilities herein satisfy this entity, just as long as you do not allow the village, and anyone in it, to be slaughtered by the slaughtering group in the timeframe that the village was slaughtered (before time was rewond).

Your options fall within four categories:

1. Delay the slaughtering party to just after the timeframe required by the higher entity.

2. Eliminate the village.

3. Eliminate the slaughtering party.

4. Influence the slaughtering party so that they decide not to slaughter the village.

You know nothing else about what might follow from each possibility, so you will never know if delaying the slaughtering party was what will lead to say more harmony than all the other options.

Your powers of interaction with the world let you apply a force to any object with your human form if you so choose (but you are limited in power by the strength of an average human being). You have a human form and can fly and move at up to 25mph. You can teleport anywhere you want, but it has a time delay of 5 seconds before you can use it again (this is to prevent someone from using it as much as needed in a time period to say seemingly 'teleport a big mass somewhere else'). If you want to think about how this works, it is basically like you are in non-clipping mode with the world and can choose to put any part of your body into clipping mode with the world around you, but no one can, or will, ever see you in the world you observe and interact with, nor can they touch or harm you. So in other words, you can't do something like move an entire village somewhere instantly, but you can certainly talk and interact with people and objects of their world like they would.

So, what choice do you make? And why do you choose it?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

but no one can, or will, ever see you in the world you observe and interact with, nor can they touch or harm you. So in other words, you can't do something like move an entire village somewhere instantly, but you can certainly talk and interact with people and objects of their world like they would.
    Confused. ^ They can't see me or touch me but they can hear me.

If 4 doesn't work, then I can't do anything about the later slaughter and I would have failed in trying to save them and that would have been all my fault.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Lightbulb

5. Eliminate the higher entity.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

but leave one alive, who will, then take my message of not harming innocents, back to his peers/village or whatever
    Extraverted - 25 Introverted - 75
    Sensing - 0 Intuition - 100
    Thinking - 63 Feeling - 37
    Judging - 63 Perceiving - 37

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.

4. Influence the slaughtering party so that they decide not to slaughter the village.

I would stab their eyes out.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

But instead of going back in time to just before the slaughtering incident, I would go as far back as needed to interact with each individual who has power within the group and work with them, either through genuine caring interaction, or simple nurturing presence, to attempt to heal what is broken in them, so they then would not feel the compulsion to annihilate an entire group of people, nor influence others to do so.

If that is not "allowed" then only brute force would be necessary. Because once a person's soul is intent on evil, nothing but heroic effort can save him.

edit: I think if we studied each villain in history we would find an obvious picture of either child neglect, abandonment, or abuse; anything but nurturing.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    You're a powerful entity. You are invisible to everyone, but you experience their worlds as you see fit.
    So, I'm an INTJ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

1. Delay the slaughtering party to just after the timeframe required by the higher entity.

Seems easiest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    Confused. ^ They can't see me or touch me but they can hear me.
    You can apply any force a human can, which does include sound waves.

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless View Post
    5. Eliminate the higher entity.
    Nice try ;P. But due to the limitations of the world, you can't influence the higher entity, and what you do doesn't matter to this entity, as opposed to not doing anything. I suppose you could always do nothing. That is still an option, although I didn't include it because it leads to one's own demise for what I consider 'stupid reasoning'. But, umm, yeah...plus I want to see what options a person chooses and why. It's kind of a theoretical psychology test. Why don't you give it some thought and give an actual answer? ;P I will answer if you would feel it appropriate that I go first.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    So, I'm an INTJ?
    Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post

Seems easiest.
    How is that easier than 3.?