User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

I would choose 3.

I will use squirrels to surround those people intending to harm the villagers. Those same squirrels would have the ability to shoot lasers from their eyes. As for me, I will be dressed as a hermit carrying a boombox at my side while playing the song below as the squirrels burn the people intending to harm the villager to ashes.

[YOUTUBE="iHPV9auWfVs"]Lilium[/YOUTUBE]
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I pick 4, because 1 and 2 both seem negligent or cruel to me, and 3 seems too biased against the attacking party. Eliminating an entire group of people doesn't sit well with me.

MBTI
    ENTP

5) Ask higher entity about time travel and the second law of thermodynamics. If time travel is possible, then first explaining it and sending be back further shouldn't be a problem.

After that, I'd try 4; and hope I didn't cause a worse problem by avoiding this one.

My whole fantasy novel centers about time travel, responsibility and the fact that you can't get spilt milk into the carton again.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Is this only limited to the given choices?

Supposing I can't predict the outcome of my choice, am I allowed to know about the histories of the village and the slaughtering party, along with the reason as to why this is happening?

Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    I would choose 3.

I will use squirrels to surround those people intending to harm the villagers. Those same squirrels would have the ability to shoot lasers from their eyes. As for me, I will be dressed as a hermit carrying a boombox at my side while playing the song below as the squirrels burn the people intending to harm the villager to ashes.

[YOUTUBE="iHPV9auWfVs"]Lilium[/YOUTUBE]
    Interesting. So you would have knowledge of how to control squirrels to do your bidding, as well as attach lasers to their eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    5) Ask higher entity about time travel and the second law of thermodynamics. If time travel is possible, then first explaining it and sending be back further shouldn't be a problem.

After that, I'd try 4; and hope I didn't cause a worse problem by avoiding this one.

My whole fantasy novel centers about time travel, responsibility and the fact that you can't get spilt milk into the carton again.
    He won't explain anything. It is possible as a rewind or fast-forward because you exist in another plane, but interact with this one through its timeline. In other words, you can step out and step back in, but when you are stepped-in you experience the world the same as a human being from the time you last stepped out. And when stepped-out this world's timeline exists in whole to its end, whatever they may be thought of as, resulting from your influences. But when you step back in, the timeline only exists up until that point that you are experiencing it at because your actions will change the resulting timeline. The higher entity will answer no questions about whether you exist in a whole timeline of yourself, however.

Quote Originally Posted by veins View Post

Supposing I can't predict the outcome of my choice, am I allowed to know about the histories of the village and the slaughtering party, along with the reason as to why this is happening?
    Yes to the first. No to the second. You are allowed to go through the event again, as many times as you wish though and decide what you want from that. If you choose to, then what do you use to make your choice?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by veins View Post

That is precisely why I wouldn't eliminate the slaughtering party. Though their behavior is disturbing, the fact is that they could be doing it in vengeance for xyz ... if we look back through history, hideous acts of violence have occurred for motives as simple as greed or narcissism, but there have also been terrible things which seem deplorable on the surface, but if you look into the motives of the aggressor, sometimes it becomes a bit more understandable. I can't delude myself into believing that all acts of violence are unnecessary or unforgivable...I don't see how anyone with even a tenuous grasp on human history could.

Is it allowed to just dick off somewhere else entirely, refusing to play the game, and call the higher entity's bluff?

If he *does* eliminate me as a result... well... *shrug* ...but I'd probably be able to talk him out of it.
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Eliminate the slaughtering party.

I would've picked reasoning with them, but if they're slaughtering and raping innocent people, then they're probably just going to turn on the next village they come to. Two military factions going to war against each other is one thing. When you go to the point of raping innocent people, that's crossing some serious lines. There's no reason there, only bloodthirsty monstrosity.
    "People in glass houses shouldn't use Windex when living near bird sanctuaries."- myself

"We are never alone my friend. We are constantly in the company of victories, losses, strengths and weaknesses. Make no mistake, life is war...and war is hell. Those who fight the hardest will suffer the most...but that's what you have to do: Fight. As long as you're feeling pain, then there's hope...because only the dead do not suffer." -RD Metcalf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    Is it allowed to just dick off somewhere else entirely, refusing to play the game, and call the higher entity's bluff?
    Yes. It results in you being eliminated though, and the timeline you influenced being reset back to its original state before you 'stepped-in' and started influencing it.

If you have to choose such an end, may I then ask why?

And also, anyone is allowed to change their mind if they come up with something else they would prefer doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    Yes to the first. No to the second. You are allowed to go through the event again, as many times as you wish though and decide what you want from that. If you choose to, then what do you use to make your choice?
    If I can use the process of elimination, then I would cycle through all of the choices and choose the one which will lead to the less crapsack dystopian future. Supposing I'm able to reset the event over and over again from whichever point I choose to in my life, after doing my research, and still retain my experiences and memories from the paths I've chosen, and the outcome of the choices don't hold any bearing to the event which caused those outcomes.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    That is precisely why I wouldn't eliminate the slaughtering party. Though their behavior is disturbing, the fact is that they could be doing it in vengeance for xyz ... if we look back through history, hideous acts of violence have occurred for motives as simple as greed or narcissism, but there have also been terrible things which seem deplorable on the surface, but if you look into the motives of the aggressor, sometimes it becomes a bit more understandable. I can't delude myself into believing that all acts of violence are unnecessary or unforgivable...I don't see how anyone with even a tenuous grasp on human history could.
    That's the reason why I would be hesitant to cast judgment so hastily and prefer to have all the information available. The victim in this case may not be a victim at all, but rather the source of what can be a greater evil. But it can also be that the aggressor in this case is the greater evil and if by stopping them somehow, it can lead to less atrocities. Or both are evil, neutral, or something else. More info would help.