User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default You're now supreme leader of the entire world...

I've got this guy that works in my lab who is always coming up with interesting ways to fix the world. Some of his ideas are really interesting but problematic to implement since he is not the supreme leader of the world. I personally find it fascinating to listen to him talk about this stuff though. So I figured I would ask this question here and see what kind of responses I get.

Let's say that you are now some how the supreme leader of the entire world... What would you do with your new found power? How do you think your subjects would define you? What would your world look like? Both serious and fantasy answers are welcome.

Ironically...nothing, if that's a choice. I don't understand it enough to know. But I guess I would just try to create nice camping and recreation habitats for people to get away from cars, roads, motors, cell phones, noise pollution, incessant communication, overabundance of stimuli, etc. And maybe try to understand it a bit and make some choices about how things will play out without anyone knowing who I am or that I influenced things.

MBTI
    IsTP

Round up all the lawyers and burn them at the stake!!!!
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

Let's see...where to begin.

With the children, I suppose...
    • Institute a reproductive licensing system. No kids unless you're qualified!
    • Abolish the current education system and run a genetic series of child-centric learning systems
    • Transition all transportation methods to alternative fuel where possible; channel remaining oil reserves into creating a sustainable alternative-energy infrastructure (micro scale)
    • Invest in nuclear waste disposal & clean nuclear energy research (for macro scale energy solutions), as well as mirror-based solar power
    • Remove the ethics hurdles in genetics/stemcell research
    • Begin establishing a research colony on Mars - we're going to want to terraform it soon, so better to get a few decades of archaeology done on it first

That's all I got for now.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

find some way to set up a governing system that I can trust and that will mean that I really don't have to do anything

if I'm going to be Supreme Ruler I'd rather be of the Zaphod Beeblebrox variety- one who has all kinds of fun and delusions of grandeur without actually having any power
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Focus all resources on space technology and exploration until there are enough humans, animals, and plant life outside of Earth; should anything should happen to our home, we will be okay because life would have flourished beyond our home.

Once we have a safe population of life outside of our home, then we'll resume back to making the iPhone 4.0, Tron: Legacy, and canned refried beans.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

What would you do with your new found power? How do you think your subjects would define you? What would your world look like?
    Of immediate importance:
    1) Establish a loyal, tight knit democratic hierarchy beneath me, as approved by me, and they will be above the groups of previous leaders, some of them will be dismissed because of corruption, etc. So on top of the current establishments, another layer.
    2) Form a Council Group to oversee other Council Groups.
    3) Solidify my military, make myself Commander in Chief.

Whoa. That's not going to work.

Skip the above.

Uhmm...

Uhhmmmm...

I need a group of capable, talented people working with me.
    We are going to tell certain governments to take care of their corruption/major conflict as seen fit by us, the small group of awesome people.
    I don't want to change everything all at once. Small implements when it makes more sense than instilling radical changes.
    Promote human rights not with diplomacy but with my Supreme Leader authority.
    Form a mass gathering.
    Do what the nongovernmental organizations to, a way to counteract unfair government actions/policies/self-interests.
    Basically, we'd just be a powerful human rights adovcate group.
    Forget about world domination.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Everyone dies.

MBTI
    xxxx

I've played enough political simulators to know that it's more fun to organize the downfall of all your opponents on the way to rule the world than to actually rule it.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Energy

-Create a plan to completely eliminate use of fossil fuels.

Education

-Create a standardized education system, with the same standards for all children. Which would include ALOT of standardized tests; yes they are a pain but they show who is doing their job and who is not.
    -Raise k-12 teacher salaries substantially, Increase teacher qualification requirements, and administer impromptu teacher evaluations on a regular basis.
    -Provide incentives for teachers who acheive positive results.

Gun control

-Eliminate bans on the weapons themselves. They are just the tool used by criminals, Im pretty sure people were being killed long before firearms were ever invented. This would obviously exclude things like cannons, grenade launchers, stealth bombers etc.
    -Increase restrictions on WHO can own a gun.
    -close the gun show loop hole.

Vices

-Legalize, regulate and tax marijuana.
    -Legalize, regulate and tax prostituton.
    -Legalize regulate and tax Gambling.

We are not going to stop these things, so why keep them in shady clandestine enviornments which lead to other (possibly violent) crime.

Taxes

-Tax items used by the upper-class private sector substantially. This would include cars over 75k, homes over 1million in value, and other extravagant non-neccessary items.
    -Decrease taxes elsewhere (hopefully reducing poverty in the process).

I am also officially annoucing my candidacy for the 2028 U.S. presedential election.