First 34567 Last

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by swift sylvan View Post
    I would take money from people who own more than 4 million dollars and distribute to charities that would help balance the world. My vision of the world is one where capitalism will be impossible and communism not necessary.
    You've failed; redistribution of wealth, so as to create equality, is a Marxist principle, thus it is communist. Apparently, this principle is necessary for your peoples.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

MBTI
    NiTi
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentMind View Post
    You've failed; redistribution of wealth, so as to create equality, is a Marxist principle, thus it is communist. Apparently, this principle is necessary for your peoples.
    Is any redistribution of wealth communist? Or does it depend on the amount that is taken from people?

Another reason why I wouldn't want the job to begin with...as you can see I do not know what I am doing.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    This's true but sadly there are other factors.

Trade is more rewarding than war.

Most wars these days aren't about power, nor land, nor money. They're about hatred that spans hundreds of years. They don't care about the specifics or anything to gain anymore, they just want the other side GONE. Preferably, dead.

They likely already know trade is better, but it's something they just can't accept doing with a mortal enemy that has too much blood between them.
    I know .

There have been experiments like that. Choice: you get ten dollars and your worst enemy gets a hundred. Or: you get nothing and he (she) gets nothing.

If I'm supreme leader, you become an adult as soon as you are able to accept the first choice. And you will be robbed of your adult status as soon as you prove you're actually choosing the second one in real life. There is one exception to this: games (including sports) for fun. Losing shouldn't put you down on the social ladder.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by swift sylvan View Post
    Is any redistribution of wealth communist? Or does it depend on the amount that is taken from people?

Another reason why I wouldn't want the job to begin with...as you can see I do not know what I am doing.
    Any and all redistribution.

Edit: so as to create equality.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

Any and all redistribution.

Edit: so as to create equality.
    If you mean egalitarianism as a concept to remove all inequalities, then your assessment is more or less correct, though some forms of anarchism declare it as a guiding principle as well.

If you mean a certain degree of equality, you're on the wrong track.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    I know .

There have been experiments like that. Choice: you get ten dollars and your worst enemy gets a hundred. Or: you get nothing and he (she) gets nothing.

If I'm supreme leader, you become an adult as soon as you are able to accept the first choice. And you will be robbed of your adult status as soon as you prove you're actually choosing the second one in real life. There is one exception to this: games (including sports) for fun. Losing shouldn't put you down on the social ladder.

Isn't this logic kinda dangerous ?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    If you mean egalitarianism as a concept to remove all inequalities, then your assessment is more or less correct, though some forms of anarchism declare it as a guiding principle as well.

If you mean a certain degree of equality, you're on the wrong track.
    It seemed to me as though Sylvan dislikes the idea of capitalsim, instead choosing to both, control the market and profits, so as to spread the wealth around. He also stressed balance, in that paragraph, which translates to absolute equalty. I don't see how that is not communistic.

Although, no one could have over 4 million dollars, but even so, the wealth would not be equal, and certain people would have more than needed, which is somewhat anticommunistic.

Still, the principle is there; Mr. Marx is behind it.

What is it called then if you create equality only to a certain degree? While it might not be communism in the purest sense, I don't see how you have rendered void, at least, the principles of Marxism from the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    This's true but sadly there are other factors.

Trade is more rewarding than war.

Most wars these days aren't about power, nor land, nor money. They're about hatred that spans hundreds of years. They don't care about the specifics or anything to gain anymore, they just want the other side GONE. Preferably, dead.

They likely already know trade is better, but it's something they just can't accept doing with a mortal enemy that has too much blood between them.

I diagree. Pretty much every war in its background has resources and the right to explot them. Basicly all those hatreds you are talking about are for the most part just tools to turn people against eachother. Since if you convince them that some group is a threat you automaticly gain the control over this group. (at least for the most part)

On the other hand people who start this ideas usually think quite differently. Since this outcome is possible win win win win situation for them.

Bacause this way you
    1. Gain control over a group
    2. You gain control over resources
    3. You destroy someone you don't like
    4. You may even be remembered as hero

So the only problem is the scenario where you lose the war. However that problem can be solved by picking a weak opponent.

Anyway, it is all about power and resources. Everything else is simply propaganda and carefully planned illusion.

What is it called then if you create equality only to a certain degree? While it might not be communism in the purest sense, I don't see how you have rendered void, at least, the principles of Marxism from the picture.
    Progressive redistribution? The basics were there long before Marx, even before Morus. It is a possible answer for social injustice caused by the misplaced faith in a process we're unable to grasp. Redistribution as a means to correct the unnecessary flaws of the market is a foundation of multiple welfare models, and I don't see how it would necessarily connect to marxism.

It is interesting to see the communist card pop up once in a while even after two decades of the fall of the bipolar world. Trust me: the principles of marxism will be 100% "rendered void" from the picture in only a century or two.

MBTI
    INTx

Being supreme lead of the entire world, I wouldn't be fond of micromanaging.

I'd probably attempt to impose a few overarching laws such as a global bill of human rights, forbid privitization of essential services, and establish an enforcable international court to deal with disputes. My hope would be that the reduced need for military readiness would divert the funds to more academic ends.