User Tag List

First 45678 Last

I'd have an absolutely great time, at least at first, first thing I'd do is go and get coffee while there's still power in circulation.

MBTI
    intp

Tears

Of joy
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Well... all my problems would disappear. I'm not sure I'd mind that really. The first thing I would do though would be to walk down the street pondering about my existence and looking for anyone else who might still be around.

I'd rather kill myself, than live in a world, where I'd spend my days farming and gardening, but something like a road trip across continents to China in a military truck seems like a possible course of my actions after overcoming the immediate despair. All those scientific pursuits presented in this thread look very compelling, but I suppose I'd be too crushed by the tragedy to be able to focus on anything like that.

I'd eventually get bored by my travels, so I'd try to find some hobbies, like learning to pilot a helicopter, fishing, maybe skateboarding, while spending nights in my vehichle reading. I doubt I'd be able to sleep in buildings.

I'm pretty sure this would later lead to playing with military grade explosives and eventually nukes, but that depends on for how long I'd be able to keep my frustration under control. If I'd somehow survive the first several years, I'd become insane, or drug addicted and die anyway.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Robopop View Post
    What if you woke up tomorrow and found out you were the last person on earth?

What would be the first thing you would do, how would you try to survive in this post-homosapien world?
    Get a gun, learn hunting skills (Not farming, because I don't eat vegetables). Go on a quest to find another human being on the face of this Earth. If none are there to be found, bury myself in books, movies, recorded TV shows, etc. in a (vain) effort to stave off depression. Eventually though, boredom will get to me and I will kill myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    GONE

I don't think I'd ever give up hope that there were other survivors. I think that is what would eventually drive me crazy...or not. The idea that I am truly the last person on earth is something if I find unbelievable.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

at first I'd be like:

but then I'd be all like:

figsfiggyfigs

^ LMAO. perfect reaction.

I think it's really fascinating that despite the OP unambiguously stating that you'd be the last person on Earth, most people's plans include looking for other people. It might just be that people aren't taking the OP at face value, but it might indicate some kind of common psychological need. I'm sure this means something, but I'm not sure what.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Phantonym

I don't want to look for anybody, I don't want anybody to find me either. As I said, peace on Earth, finally.