User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Enneagram
    1w2

I think this depends on how you define easy-going and the situation. Easygoingness to me tends to depend on how much you tell people Yes, No, and how often you make waves. The less you say no, the more you are perceived as easygoing. The more you say no the less you are perceived as easygoing.

A. Some people are easy-going because they have very weak emotional investments or attachments even to themselves. It's hard to find what pings them, which allows them to be easy-going.

B. Some people are easygoing because they say yes to everyone, never turn anyone down, are never critical (publicly at least). They can blend in with anyone because they don't project any strong identity and allow others to project whatever identity they want to see on them. These tend to be the path of least resistance people.

C. Some people are easygoing because they have problems defending themselves and this makes them perceived as easygoing. This is slightly distinguished from the type B easygoing person because type B people often choose to be that way for whatever reasons. Type C easy-going person often has an inhibition that prevents asserting themselves.

D. Some people are easygoing because they are like a mosquito constantly buzzing about that never lands on anything for long. They are distinguished from Type A easygoing person because they do form emotional investments and attachments but they tend to be ephemeral and brief. They tend to attach easily and detach just as easily. Since they detach just as quickly as they attach, they have a levity and lightheartedness about them. Once the attachment is severed, they turn into Type A easygoing person.

E. The least easygoing of the easygoing people give the appearance of easygoingness. These are the contextual easygoing people. If you don't ever come across them in a certain context, they'll be fine. These people tend to transmogrify into horrific beasts and then as quickly as it came go back to their former state. You would say, this isn't easygoing, but then I must remind you that if everything is good, they're fine. These are the people you think, "I never knew h/she was like that!" I think I fall into this group.

E. Some people are easygoing based on trust and understanding. These people make a choice just like the type B people. I tend to think these people are the true easygoing people because they transitioned from being naive to making active decisions about how to conduct themselves with others and how to measure their level of attachment, worth, and investment. They're not doing things out of apathy, motives, fear, fickleness, or when times are good.

After this you have the tightwads who can't even pretend to be easygoing if they were strung up by their big toe on a 40 story building with dental floss.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

The best qualities I have seen in easy-going people: I see an easy going person as a person who accepts. Different people, different circumstances. They might be naturally optimistic and not harboring suspicions about too many things. Like that you used the word evolved, perhaps at some level they trust in a cosmic order. They don't seek to bend the world to fit any order that they do believe in. They kind of assimilate and circulate energy. Definitely not strident. They are secure enough to not take things personally. These are just my impressions. I do admire these things about easy-going people, there are ways in which I wish I was more like them. I'm not sure where they congregate.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    GONE

Not to sound totally flippant - but potheads and practicing Buddhists are pretty laid back.
    You can probably find some good "leads" in the Buddhist community. Personally, I find working out and physical activity and socializing help with anxiety.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Hmm the more I think about this the more i realize that i dont actually like easy going people very much

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    What do you consider "easy-going" in a person?
    Who are the most easy-going people you have encountered?
    Where do they hang-out?
    Two most easy going people I know are an ENTP and INFP. Both were roommates. (One current). They hang out in their rooms. They don't sweat the small stuff and are really nice to almost everyone they know. They are sleepy and tend towards inactivity. They sleep in late. They are both generally fun people, and don't get worked up over anything.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Functional people.
    I hate slackers. To clarify. People who can't get things done.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Two most easy going people I know are an ENTP and INFP. Both were roommates. (One current). They hang out in their rooms. They don't sweat the small stuff and are really nice to almost everyone they know. They are sleepy and tend towards inactivity. They sleep in late. They are both generally fun people, and don't get worked up over anything.
    Tis true. As for not getting worked up over anything...
    Hey, Work with me people, work with me!!!

...it's so simple.

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Functional people.
    Oh we get stuff done. We just do what we want, when we want, no worries...
    Last edited by A window to the soul; 05-19-2010 at 06:36 PM.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Functional people.
    We get things done...eventually.
    Weathergirl: District 38 is sunny. Slight rock showers this morning. Chance of rock showers into the afternoon—20 percent. District 39 is cloudy. Chance of rock showers this afternoon—10 percent.
    Edward: Bebop here here! Alright woo hoo!
    Weathergirl: Chance of rock showers today upgraded to 90 percent.
    Edward: Really.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    Oh we get stuff done. We just do what we want, when we want, no worries...
    We get some stuff done. Sometimes.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTJ

What do you consider "easy-going" in a person?

Emotional unresponsiveness to popularly negative situations outside of their control. Eg. Getting your bike stolen

Acute sensitivity to pleasure, the ability to find and focus on the silver lining.

Who are the most easy-going people you have encountered?

Islamic men who take recreational drugs, some young poor artists (some are very easy going, some aren't at all)

Where do they hang-out?

Outside or wherever there's weed.

Questions aside, I think Se is the most common function among easy going individuals.

I do think lots of easy going people smoke marijuana but I also think a lot of people who are emotional wrecks smoke marijuana.
    wails from the crypt.