User Tag List

View Poll Results: Have you had a similar experience?(lucid dreaming)

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not Sure

0 0%
First 12

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    I have something similar, not exactly, but it's a bit like it. In my dreams, time doesn't exist. They're more like a slideshow with images and clips in a random order and then I have to figure out what the story was like when I wake up. When I tell other people about my dreams, I've already tried to put all thos frames in a right order. I'm also rarely the same person all the time. And example of one of my dreams:

- I'm a bee and I'm flying inside a huge room. There are many people. They're talking to each other. My uncle's face is on a huge screen on the wall. I land on a big table with a lot of food on it and I start eating. I hear my aunt mention that my uncle died and that he left her a lot of money.
    - I'm a purple-blue curtain. My uncle is standing there talking to a friend. I don't know what they're talking about, because he's a curtain.
    - I'm some dude. I'm talking to me (I don't know that's me, I'm just Kat to myself). Kat has a glass of champagne in her hand and tells me my uncle suddenly died and no one knows the reason. I don't give a shit and I only look at Kat's cleavage. Kat doesn't notice because she's too busy telling her story, but once she notices she throws her champagne in my face, slaps me, kicks me in my balls and runs off.
    - I'm myself. I'm walking through Amsterdam, but Amsterdam is almost empty. I get in the tram and spend my time looking outside. It's morning when I get in and when I get out, it's already dark.
    - I'm a fish and I'm inside a bowl. I watch how my uncle's getting incinerated. My aunt is holding a lot of money in her hand.
    - I'm my cousin. I'm talking to my uncle, who's going to make me a table.
    - I'm me again. It's late at night I'm sitting on a roof top in Amsterdam. I'm eating a chocolate ice cream with a loved one who actually died last July.

I think it mainly has to do with my thinking style. Most people seem to think in a straight line, but I seem to think in many tiny little chaotic lines. I'm just not able to control my dreams or whatsoever.
    Wow, this is quite interesting!
    i don't think i ever had dreams like this, i mean taking the shape of a fish and stuff.
    somehow i always found myself taking the shape of a human in my dreams.

I do get into some strange dreams in which I encounter UFO's and stuff.
    Extraverted - 25 Introverted - 75
    Sensing - 0 Intuition - 100
    Thinking - 63 Feeling - 37
    Judging - 63 Perceiving - 37

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Very much so. I mentioned in the current vivid dreams thread that I try to control the "outcome" of my dreams. I don't always have the control I would like though. I have a feeling of being semi-awake, but not totally. In this state I am often able to sort of halt the dream & back up and change course. I feel a need to "solve" the dream before I wake up.

EDIT: I've heard the term "lucid dreams" before, and now see it mentioned here...is that what this is?
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Interesting thread,

My dream does involve seeing myself in 3rd person point of view rather than first person point of view. For some odd reasons I don't find this strange in the dream and would often wonder why I don't asked myself if I'm dreaming after I woken up. Two dreams that I usually remember and that have stood out:
    -flying, these dreams feel so realistic that it might as well be. I don't get enough of these kinds of dream and could only remember dreaming about flying it twice.
    -zombies, yes dreams about zombies which happens more times than I would like. I like watching zombie movies so that might be why I get these dreams.

I guess those two types of dream are what stood out the most because one is really vivid and feels so amazing (even though it's rare) and the other one happens alot. I did read about lucid dream and there are suppose to be various excercises you can do to help get you to notice that you are dreaming which would help you control your dream. Some of the methods I think are:

-light switch in your dream. If the light switch don't do anything, your dreaming.
    -mirrors, no reflection means your dreaming.
    -covering your nose and if you can still breath your dreaming.
    -keeping a diary of your dream after you have awaken.

Basically you're suppose to do these randomly throughout the day so your mind would automatically do these when you're in a dream and hopefully get you to notice that it is a dream. Unfortunately, I gave up after two days of doing some of the ridiculous excercises above to find out if they work or not.

On that note, has anyone experience sleep paralysis where you wake up, but can't move and your mind tries to invent all kind of scary reasons why you can't move?
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I saw inception this Sunday...loved it.
    anyone who has had lucid dreaming experiences should definitely watch it!

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Very much so. I mentioned in the current vivid dreams thread that I try to control the "outcome" of my dreams. I don't always have the control I would like though. I have a feeling of being semi-awake, but not totally. In this state I am often able to sort of halt the dream & back up and change course. I feel a need to "solve" the dream before I wake up.
    yes, me too...i think i always end up having to solve the dream before waking up. Its almost as if the body cannot wake up without solving it. and yes...if pushed the "solution" could be something simple as

"ok scratch all this...i blow up the opponent with a really big gun..dream solved"

^^ lol that's but an example...but its no different i guess...in lucid dreams we can "solve" it almost immediately if we wished to..but sometimes the need for elegance and over-arching sense of rational in the dream forces us to go through a logical series of events in order to solve it.

and the other way one wakes up is when one dies/falls inside the lucid dream. This results in our sleeping body feeling a jolt...as if we are being given a single jolt by a defibrillator. The entire body jerks , especially the legs..and we are awake.

i was fascinated that they had the same thing in the movie inception!. i have to read up on it to see if this is more widespread than i thought! i was thinking this is some mere quirk.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    EDIT: I've heard the term "lucid dreams" before, and now see it mentioned here...is that what this is?
    Yes, they are lucid dreams. I've come to the same conclusion after looking into books/media on this subject

We seem to be a small lucky minority, as most people don't have lucid dreams..and even if they do, its very rare.

Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    Interesting thread,

My dream does involve seeing myself in 3rd person point of view rather than first person point of view. For some odd reasons I don't find this strange in the dream and would often wonder why I don't asked myself if I'm dreaming after I woken up. Two dreams that I usually remember and that have stood out:
    -flying, these dreams feel so realistic that it might as well be. I don't get enough of these kinds of dream and could only remember dreaming about flying it twice.
    -zombies, yes dreams about zombies which happens more times than I would like. I like watching zombie movies so that might be why I get these dreams.
    Yes, i think what we experience in real life...be it day to day occurrences...or books that we read...movies we see...all play a major part in influencing the lucid dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    I guess those two types of dream are what stood out the most because one is really vivid and feels so amazing (even though it's rare) and the other one happens alot. I did read about lucid dream and there are suppose to be various excercises you can do to help get you to notice that you are dreaming which would help you control your dream. Some of the methods I think are:

-light switch in your dream. If the light switch don't do anything, your dreaming.
    -mirrors, no reflection means your dreaming.
    -covering your nose and if you can still breath your dreaming.
    -keeping a diary of your dream after you have awaken.

Basically you're suppose to do these randomly throughout the day so your mind would automatically do these when you're in a dream and hopefully get you to notice that it is a dream. Unfortunately, I gave up after two days of doing some of the ridiculous excercises above to find out if they work or not.

On that note, has anyone experience sleep paralysis where you wake up, but can't move and your mind tries to invent all kind of scary reasons why you can't move?

yes i've read of some of those methods to induce lucid dreams, but never tried them out. my normal dreams have been gradually replaced by lucid dreams over the years, starting when i was a kid...with lucid dreams becoming more and more common and normal dreams rare and rarer. nowadays i don't have normal dreams. i cant say i miss them though

as for sleep paralysis, i had it once.it was really scary. lol i don't wan to experience it again )
    Extraverted - 25 Introverted - 75
    Sensing - 0 Intuition - 100
    Thinking - 63 Feeling - 37
    Judging - 63 Perceiving - 37

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.