Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Looked, got distracted by tiers, then got bored and gave up.

One thing I have found: it's a hell of a lot easier finding quirky pictures of women then it is of men, either women are photographed professionally more, are more often dressed up in quirky yet stylish garb or more willing to step outside of average and have their snap taken. Simply put, there's less variety when looking for quirky pics of males for an avatar.
    Why quirky at all then?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Oh, so they have to be obscure, too.

See, I didn't get the memo on any of this.
    I explained why I pick avi's, they represent my state of mind, to use a pop culture figure that's widely known would bring their personality/experience etc into it, which makes it unlikely to represent me, seeing as it's their life 'n all. That and I'd rather not look like I'm such a fan that I want their image associated with me.

I prefer to use modelling pictures of unknowns as the image has to be taken on face value.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Why quirky at all then?
    Do you find mine quirky? I like different, pick a picture that looks too average and people may mistakenly think it's a self portrait which would prolly bother me for the misrepresentation aspect.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    /.../ I could care less if people mistakenly identified my sex. I pick an avatar that shows some aspect of my frame of mind at that point so when I post and see my avy next to my words it fits for me. Just picking a pic that I think is cool or aesthetically pleasing doesn't sit right /.../ And as my frame of mind is continually moving forward I rarely find I can return to an avatar that I've previously used as it no longer sits right for me.
    This! Couldn't have put it better myself. It's definitely about a specific frame of mind for me as well. And I guess I'm way less quirky openly in the "real life", so when I come online I feel that I have the freedom to let my inner quirkiness shine with bright colours and I don't really have to worry about the consequences that much.

Putting up an impersonal avatar not depicting human-like characters doesn't really feel right to me although I have used some in the past.

I don't feel comfortable with an avatar showing a clear view of the face either, because that's clearly not me in there, I don't particularly identify with my avatars aside from the feeling that I get from them and neither am I having any kind of dreams of looking like that or whatever. So, I tend to choose ones that use different angles or accessories where the face is not in the focus that much. Putting up somebody "famous" doesn't feel good either.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quirky women, aye?

Mine has a few reasons.
    1. I love Amanda Palmer and her music
    2. I think this picture is fantastic looking (even before adding in the pokemon)
    3. There's a symbolism of redefining and overcoming self, which Amanda Palmer has done since her Dresden Dolls days. Also, redefining and overcoming self is what i constantly strive to do for maximum efficiency.

For me, it fits.

I'm not sure why other people choose quirky women. Most of the time they are just more aesthetically appealing than most other options.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Any theories?
    Because whats not to love about quirky women? There are some wonderful, quirky women on this forum

MBTI
    INTP

Mine have all been women, but I don't think they've been particularly quirky. I've had Nancy Wilson of Heart, Morticia Addams and Rosemary Clooney in White Christmas. I've also had Emma Peel and Bette Davis/Joan Crawford on INTPc. Each of them represents something that strikes a chord in me in one way or the other, so I feel like they're a good representation of me. I don't feel adequately represented by just a random woman in a field.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I think it's pretentious bull... Wait... Throwing stones in a glass house...

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

figsfiggyfigs

mine is a picture of a dude.......

mine are usually pop-culture related anyways.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Mine is a picture of a Ariel Barbie on a toilet seat. I chose this picture because I really identify with this Barbie. It's like a metaphore, you know?
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I like to use images I identify with and it just so happens they usually end up being kind of quirky.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers