User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 68

  1. #11
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    The quirky woman in my avatar is Siouxsie Sioux - I usually use photos of musicians I like. I particularly like Siouxsie's image here with the butterflies. I didn't put much thought into it besides that.

    I've noticed a trend of NT's avatars to be especially ugly, from an aesthetic standpoint.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  2. #12
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Hey wussup bro, nice avi.
    Cheers police dude

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    At INTPc, women often use male avatars.
    Interesting. I've prolly used 50/50 male/female and tend to go with quirky for the reasons Lady X says, but I could care less if people mistakenly identified my sex. I pick an avatar that shows some aspect of my frame of mind at that point so when I post and see my avy next to my words it fits for me. Just picking a pic that I think is cool or aesthetically pleasing doesn't sit right, although I've used pop culture ones in the past, mostly of Starbuck, they still fell within that reasoning. And as my frame of mind is continually moving forward I rarely find I can return to an avatar that I've previously used as it no longer sits right for me.

    I don't notice an excess of quirky women in avi's like you suggested though, there are a few people like Lady X who continually change avi's from quirky to quirkier but avi's seem pretty static for the majority to me.

  3. #13
    Member ElizaJane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    79

    Default

    My avatar is a Waterhouse painting that hangs above my bed — The Lady of Shalott. I love her story and the quiet drama of the painting. I guess she's not "quirky," but I certainly identify with her, like Lady X identifies with her own avatar.

  4. #14
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Cheers police dude



    Interesting. I've prolly used 50/50 male/female and tend to go with quirky for the reasons Lady X says, but I could care less if people mistakenly identified my sex. I pick an avatar that shows some aspect of my frame of mind at that point so when I post and see my avy next to my words it fits for me. Just picking a pic that I think is cool or aesthetically pleasing doesn't sit right, although I've used pop culture ones in the past, mostly of Starbuck, they still fell within that reasoning. And as my frame of mind is continually moving forward I rarely find I can return to an avatar that I've previously used as it no longer sits right for me.

    I don't notice an excess of quirky women in avi's like you suggested though, there are a few people like Lady X who continually change avi's from quirky to quirkier but avi's seem pretty static for the majority to me.
    I actually started a thread there asking why so many women had male avatars.

  5. #15
    Riva
    Guest

    Default

    Change the thread title to - What is the reason behind your avatar pick?

    Should answer a lot of questions.

  6. #16
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_
    Posts
    10,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Change the thread title to - What is the reason behind your avatar pick?

    Should answer a lot of questions.
    I don't give a damn about anime avatars. 50% are INTJs.

  7. #17
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I actually started a thread there asking why so many women had male avatars.
    Looked, got distracted by tiers, then got bored and gave up.

    One thing I have found: it's a hell of a lot easier finding quirky pictures of women then it is of men, either women are photographed professionally more, are more often dressed up in quirky yet stylish garb or more willing to step outside of average and have their snap taken. Simply put, there's less variety when looking for quirky pics of males for an avatar.

  8. #18
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Looked, got distracted by tiers, then got bored and gave up.

    One thing I have found: it's a hell of a lot easier finding quirky pictures of women then it is of men, either women are photographed professionally more, are more often dressed up in quirky yet stylish garb or more willing to step outside of average and have their snap taken. Simply put, there's less variety when looking for quirky pics of males for an avatar.
    We couldn't have everyone with David Bowie as their avatar.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  9. #19
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    We couldn't have everyone with David Bowie as their avatar.
    Problem with picking someone like David Bowie is it's a pop culture reference, not an unknown image.

  10. #20
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Problem with picking someone like David Bowie is it's a pop culture reference, not an unknown image.
    Oh, so they have to be obscure, too.

    See, I didn't get the memo on any of this.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] Question to fellow ENTPs, do women (in general) think of you as a "womanizer"?
    By Kuthtuk in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 09-06-2013, 12:58 AM
  2. Scientists Present Their Right Cheek (of the face) In Pictures
    By Mal12345 in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-13-2012, 08:03 PM
  3. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 02-20-2011, 09:32 PM
  4. Overpopulation of women in college
    By Giggly in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 02-26-2010, 05:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO