User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    You are on to something there; that the re-creation of external, seemingly real incidents in our subconscious state is merely just a way to symbolically express a feeling of losing control or losing to some destructive force. It is not really the external environment that is scary, but the internal. This fear over control is deepened from my secondary function, that anything is possible and everything is connected, the scene from horror film is similar to news clip. It's all 'possible realities' to me.
    when you dream you do it because of hallucinogen substances. all hallucinogens have tendency to bring out stuff from subconscious, and dreams are basically hallucinations from the subconscious. even tho you couldnt always understand them they always come from your subconscious and are about something your mind is processing in some level.

under stress dreams are usually unusually realistic and you can remember them well. i believe that this has something to do with how the things you are processing on the dream comes from more conscious levels than normally. dunno why i wrote about that, but i just think its interesting

anyways, the basic function of dreaming is to process what happened earlier today and store the information somewhere back of your head

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    It's so vivid, that sometimes I actually think things happened in real life, but then after a while of trying to remember when exactly that happened, I realize that it was just in a dream I had once.

sometimes, I don't even figure it out, it remains an elusive " memory"
    I will have dreams like this occasionally. I know it did not happen because the context is usually very ridiculous. It still FEELS very real though, and I feel like I did not sleep much during it (I don't feel very "rested").

Generally, I do not remember my dreams, and when I do, it's hazy with few details. That's why when a dream feels real, it's like an old memory I'm trying to recall - the more details I do recall, the more sure I am it could not have happened.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I will have dreams like this occasionally. I know it did not happen because the context is usually very ridiculous. It still FEELS very real though, and I feel like I did not sleep much during it (I don't feel very "rested").

Generally, I do not remember my dreams, and when I do, it's hazy with few details. That's why when a dream feels real, it's like an old memory I'm trying to recall - the more details I do recall, the more sure I am it could not have happened.
    Oh heck yes, I know those ones. The ones where you wake up more exhausted than when you went to bed.

One time I had a dream I was doing my computer mathematics final exam 2 days before, and I woke up exhausted, couldn't remember what I dreamt about.
    Then I was talking to my friend and she asked me about it. and I froze. I could remember parts of my dream, and I wasn't sure what was going on " did I acutally do my test? wtf was I doing? was that from another day?
    after double checking the date, I realized it was a dream.....maybe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    Oh heck yes, I know those ones. The ones where you wake up more exhausted than when you went to bed.

One time I had a dream I was doing my computer mathematics final exam 2 days before, and I woke up exhausted, couldn't remember what I dreamt about.
    Then I was talking to my friend and she asked me about it. and I froze. I could remember parts of my dream, and I wasn't sure what was going on " did I acutally do my test? wtf was I doing? was that from another day?
    after double checking the date, I realized it was a dream.....maybe
    Man!! you have no idea how many exams i have taken in my dreams!. and i would wake up in the morning, thinking i've already taken the exam..sometimes it took me a couple of hours to figure out (after checking the dates) that i am yet to take those exams :P
    Extraverted - 25 Introverted - 75
    Sensing - 0 Intuition - 100
    Thinking - 63 Feeling - 37
    Judging - 63 Perceiving - 37

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

My dreams are very vivid. Sometimes I wake up (e.g. alarm) and will go back to sleep so I can finish the dream. I wouldn't say they are scary - more intense, exciting/adventure type.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639