Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Sure, Sylvia was an icon of the feminist movement. And the feminists looked around for someone to blame for her suicide and there was Ted.

And of course I have read all her poems and even joined a lesbian feminist poetry group to read her poems.

And Sylvia became a good poet, but at the expense of her life.
    I admire Sylvia Plath deeply and her work touched me at a very young age, and let me just say that I DO NOT IDEALIZE HER IN ANY WAY, but what you're saying here is not only offensive, but incorrect.

Sylvia had written 400 poems while she was at Smith. She had her first nervous breakdown before she married Ted Hughes: she suffered from mental illness. For you to give Ted Hughes credit for her poetry or, even more bafflingly, access to her own subconscious mind is simply bizarre.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I admire Sylvia Plath deeply and her work touched me at a very young age, and let me just say that I DO NOT IDEALIZE HER IN ANY WAY, but what you're saying here is not only offensive, but incorrect.

Sylvia had written 400 poems while she was at Smith. She had her first nervous breakdown before she married Ted Hughes: she suffered from mental illness. For you to give Ted Hughes credit for her poetry or, even more bafflingly, access to her own subconscious mind is simply bizarre.
    I share the same opinion of her poetic life as Seamus Heaney, so I am in good company.

Phantonym

Not that vivid, I think. I don't remember my dreams in great detail at all. I don't think they're even in colour, it's more like black and white and colour parts are all mixed up. But sometimes I do feel an intense feeling during a dream, it's like watching a very interesting action thriller and getting really caught up in the events. Usually it happens more when I'm already half conscious that I am dreaming, so it feels like I'm only observing things happening and shortly after that I wake up. I do remember the feeling, but not the exact events that took place in my dreams.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

My dreams are very vivid (in the sense of being detailed and colorful and whatnot), but my level of awareness during them is rather dim. I rarely remember them, although I've been remembering them more lately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ESFJ

My dreams were more vivid as a child. I could scare myself half to death. A few i still remember but they were disturbing.

I have in the past incorpoated myself in my dreams so like the WW2 bomb that went off down the road, i stood at my window and i could see the devestation caused. It's like i am never truly asleep, i am dreaming but i'm awake enough to act out the dream.

2 dreams i had recently. 1 was designs for clothing which i will have to jot down (that has to be a sign as i've never had a dream like that) and the other was my partner went home, called the following day and i flew over to him with my kids (who were smaller) and my parents. They stayed for one night then returned. We turned up at a house and i could see the white side wall to my right and a blue shed door. Man, woman and young child who were chinese were going in the shed door (I just thought that was strange ). House was nice, stuff happened then my partner took me for a look around the neighbourhood. We went to the sea but it freaked me out that i couldn't taste the sea salt on my lips (Why was i thinking about that ) and behind me on the shore was from the eye could see clothe which was a beautiful aqua/blue/turquoise drying on lines .. It was a beautiful sight and i wished i had a camera .. More stuff happened. This dream was mid-week but it has left an impression on me for some reason. Hmmmm.

So yes .. I have a vivid subconscious imagination
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

There seems to be a disconnect between me and this facilitation. Pretty much the same way there is a delayed reaction to a lot in my life. I would love to have vivid dreams, I did a bit, something is going on where this process is without form. I used to remember some and wrote them down. These days it takes effort to remember my dreams, if at all. I just wake up, blink and go about my day.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

very vivid and realistic when it comes to laws of nature, details, experiencing feelings, bodily feelings etc. situations can be quite unrealistic tho

even when i lucid dream i cant fly and do some magic stuff that my infp friend always does, but im still the ruler of the lucid dream world. for example i can go fuck a hot chick in a street if i happen to see one when im having a lucid dream and they wont resist, sometimes i might need to talk them into it by saying that this is my dream and that she is not real, then they go like well ok what ever lets fuck

one funny thing when im dreaming that the usual places are different from normal, but if its really common place that i have had dreams before, its always exactly the same in the dreams. i got quite alot of places that i dream always exactly the same, usually they are something like one big building and its surroundings that always stay the same, but if i go further away from there everything changes

too bad that im pretty bad at remembering dreams, but the parts i remember i remember really well usually and if i still remember them after few days i most likely remember them as good as it would happen for real. i still remember one scene from my dream when i was 3 or 4 years old

MBTI
    ISFJ

I used to dream a lot more as a kid. A lot more nightmares too. They were sometimes pretty fucked up. I remember one similar to yours, where I was running from a guy bent on chopping me up, and I was inside this mansion. The house of horrors, every room in every corridor was populated by scenes of canibalism, or torture....that dream was in color....black and red.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    It's interesting you bring this up because I've had a reoccurring nightmare since childhood about psychopathic serial killers that is very vivid, violent and graphic.

It's often brought on by watching something scary/disturbing/graphic, which is partly why I avoid those things like you do. However, it sometimes comes about randomly.

I've decided it's expressing a feeling of not being in control of my life, and feeling some destructive force take control. I think the fear from the images I'm exposed to in horror movies draws out this fear - there's some parallel between those scenarios and the fear of losing your life in a symbolic way.
    You are on to something there; that the re-creation of external, seemingly real incidents in our subconscious state is merely just a way to symbolically express a feeling of losing control or losing to some destructive force. It is not really the external environment that is scary, but the internal. This fear over control is deepened from my secondary function, that anything is possible and everything is connected, the scene from horror film is similar to news clip. It's all 'possible realities' to me.

figsfiggyfigs

It's so vivid, that sometimes I actually think things happened in real life, but then after a while of trying to remember when exactly that happened, I realize that it was just in a dream I had once.

sometimes, I don't even figure it out, it remains an elusive " memory"