User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    My mom would refuse antibotics unless absolutley nesseciery. But if we got a virus or a cold we wouldn't take antibotics and now that I'm older I have a good immune system never get sick, while majorit of my friends get everything that goes around. And what more when I do get sick it's less time and less intense then others. I'm sure their is a combination of genes aswell. My mom says "you have to swallow a tablespoon of dirt before you die"
    People demanding (and doctors prescribing!) antibiotics for viruses like colds is one of my pet peeves. On the patient side it shows an alarming lack of understanding of how antibiotics work and what a virus actually is (it doesn't even have cell walls, which is the part of the bacteria an antibiotic attacks). On the doctor side, since I'm fairly sure they know how it works--at least I hope they do--it's just plain old apathy, shut the patient('s mother) up so they'll get out of the office. But it perpetuates the "Get cold = take antibiotics" thing, and since a cold takes care of itself, people think it works.

That was your Admin Off-Topic Rant for the day! Carry on!
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

At the dentists office, that's a bit much; but anywhere else like on a curb or at a park you can kiss my ass if you don't like me eating there. If I'm not in the way you don't have to be around me. I feel sorry for people who have too many issues with the human condition.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    At the dentists office, that's a bit much; but anywhere else like on a curb or at a park you can kiss my ass if you don't like me eating there. If I'm not in the way you don't have to be around me. I feel sorry for people who have too many issues with the human condition.
    If I'm grossed out by your public eating, I hardly think I'll want to kiss your ass!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    If I'm grossed out by your public eating, I hardly think I'll want to kiss your ass!
    I don't eat like a pig so I figure someone who has an issue it's their issue not mine.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

Yes, that's what I was trying to put my finger on... why this kind of thing bothers me. It's sorta like being in denial that we're flesh and blood... really very frail and easily 'snapped'. I guess when you've seen a few people die (as I have) and had a toddler poop in your kitchen sink haha... you can't really live in that bubble any longer... personally the only issue I'd have with even going to the bathroom around others would be the bad smell, I don't find the concept at all offensive. But then, I'm French, and we still hang chickens up at the market and crap in holes in the ground*...

*you think I'm kidding??
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    yupp

You know this thread reminds me of the scene in Girl Interupted, where one of the patients will only eat in her room. Then they find a rotting chicken or turkey under her bed.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Yes, that's what I was trying to put my finger on... why this kind of thing bothers me. It's sorta like being in denial that we're flesh and blood... really very frail and easily 'snapped'. I guess when you've seen a few people die (as I have) and had a toddler poop in your kitchen sink haha... you can't really live in that bubble any longer... personally the only issue I'd have with even going to the bathroom around others would be the bad smell, I don't find the concept at all offensive. But then, I'm French, and we still hang chickens up at the market and crap in holes in the ground*...

*you think I'm kidding??
    I think my comfort comes from being a redneck who's had to eat in public places often and has cleaned latrines every once in a while. I have cleaned up my own puke and the puke of others on many occasions and changed a few daipers. I have also cleaned moose, fish, and partridge with little issue. It's dirty? That's what soap 'n water's for. Times are tight between getting off work and a doctor's appointment? Eat take-out while riding one/no hands on your bike. These people with queezy stomachs need to work at an arbitoir (sp?) for a month.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I think my comfort comes from being a redneck who's had to eat in public places often and has cleaned latrines every once in a while. I have cleaned up my own puke and the puke of others on many occasions and changed a few daipers. I have also cleaned moose, fish, and partridge with little issue. It's dirty? That's what soap 'n water's for. Times are tight between getting off work and a doctor's appointment? Eat take-out while riding one/no hands on your bike. These people with queezy stomachs need to work at an arbitoir (sp?) for a month.
    Hey, I've changed hundreds, maybe thousands of diapers, nonchalantly handled floor poop while potty training, and wiped more asses than I care to count. I'm no prissy missy. There's just a time and a place for everything, and the dentist's reception area is neither the time nor the place for scarfing down a meal. (I wouldn't let my kids potty train naked there either.)

When did anyone complain about people who eat while riding their bike, or on a curb or at a park for that matter?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

When did anyone complain about people who eat while riding their bike, or on a curb or at a park for that matter?
    these are in public view...

INFP, 6w7, IEI

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

Hey, I've changed hundreds, maybe thousands of diapers, nonchalantly handled floor poop while potty training, and wiped more asses than I care to count. I'm no prissy missy. There's just a time and a place for everything, and the dentist's reception area is neither the time nor the place for scarfing down a meal. (I wouldn't let my kids potty train naked there either.)
    Agreed. I sorta extended things though by bringing up the idea of people who have a bigger problem with it in general, even in ordinary places such as restaurants etc. Sorry... was the derailing?

I think by the time he said that, the discussion had moved (at least in his head, and somewhat in mine) into RL experience and away from responding to specific posts. But Eileen did specifically say that she didn't really like the idea of eating tin front of others at all. And the thread title '...in public' does seem to suggest an openness to talking about other public areas... otherwise it would've just said 'eating in a dentist's reception'...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen