User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INfP
    Enneagram

Default Akward slience...

Have you ever been with friends or class mates in a group and there is an awkward slience...?
    Kindblue,from globalchatter...
    And still wonders were it has gone...

*silence*
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Yes, many times:

- "the day after" a party, in the moment when the guy/girl who did the most embarrasing thing arrives.

- when a professor says something which seems shocking to the students. For example, in my last Economy lecture, she said that she always examines the classroom to know if there are any black students in the group. There were about ten seconds of absolute silence.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

figsfiggyfigs

Oh.. Yes... I have no problem with awkward silences. I usually will say " well... this is awkward, so..... I'm outta here!" or " well, as fun as this is, I think I'm gonna go all out, and take a nap"

or, I usually take out my cell and pretend I got a call on it.

When I'm around my best-friends, there is no such thing as " Awkward" silences... : )

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Yes- Usually I break the ice and say something relevant to us being 'there' or talk about office stuff like "how's the weather, oh yeah? Oh yeah?" lol

Then I kinda.. zip away or find something to occupy myself with. Some people who are really quiet & like their own space; I totally understand. I like breaking them outta their shells every once in a while. Crack up a smile or find something interesting or in common that we might share.

Some people are super retentive, and I get the steppin.'

Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post

When I'm around my best-friends, there is no such thing as " Awkward" silences... : )
    I agree with this, I appreciate people I can share a silence with, whether you are together in the silence or not is not important. I think that too many people feel the need to fill a silence with 'nothing' as opposed to just enjoying it for what it is. So to me, the silences aren't as awkward maybe...
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnVX-uv-QPc]Silence is golden[/youtube]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lux View Post
    I agree with this, I appreciate people I can share a silence with, whether you are together in the silence or not is not important. I think that too many people feel the need to fill a silence with 'nothing' as opposed to just enjoying it for what it is. So to me, the silences aren't as awkward maybe...
    You and Kdude got it.

Why do we have to fill silence up with BS? . I've always said that pretty much what the lady was saying about how you've known you found somebody special when you don't have to do that or something.

With ya there Lux, sometimes I don't think the silences even bother me. Doesn't bother my best friends either.
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnVX-uv-QPc]Silence is golden[/youtube]
    +1000

I once heard (most assuredly urban legend junk) that it comes in waves every 8 minutes, called the 8 minute lull.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism