User Tag List

123 Last

GirlAmerica

Default relation of face shape and personality

I am not too keen on having my photo up. I am one of those that will put it up, and come back and take it back down. For some reason it always feels kind of violating..(???).
    Anyhow, there is an aspect to personalities I have been studying that just facinates the hell out of me. I wanted to post this and thought it would be a fun thread to see what people thought...and if it is considered a match.

Robesp'er, LEAHS

I am INTJ (INTP within a few points)

Let's see you!

MBTI
    Infx

Holy crap. You're really beautiful! I especially love your hair. It flows very nicely.

But.. *ahem* back to topic.

INFJ, also relating strongly to in order from most to least, INFP, INTJ and ENFJ.

And.. I don't quite understand what ideas the link is presenting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Socionics. The best theory to suggest that type is innate.

Anyway, I'm tired of digging through my photos, but I have several of them if you just fish through the Picture Time threads.

I'm an ENTp (ILE-Ti) according to Socionics.

Wolfmaiden is a little hard to type because her eyes are closed, but for some reason, she strikes me as a Socionics ENFp in her photo inside her profile.

Keep in mind, I'm not at all good at this.

An interesting note in Socionics is that N's tend to have a more triangular-shaped face while S's are more square.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

heh i'm a little stoned in this picture, but you can see my face shape.

iNFJ, 2 sx/sp

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Well this is from several yrs ago but it's one of the few closeups I have of me (I'm the blonde by the way).

The REAL test for you face-shape socionics experts though will be to guess the mbti type of the other girl!!!
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

GirlAmerica

Wolfmaiden, thank you...you are very, very sweet.

As Uber said, it is a theory that personality and face shape reflect one another. If you go to the link, and then click in the link under the type it will pull a sketch of a face up. I pulled up the INFJ, and it does indeed look similar to your face shape. You have a very Lisa Marie Presley look to the shape of your face to me (very pretty BTW...). I am not sure, is this a heart-shaped face? Sort of oval, although more heart shaped.

does it make sense now?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Well this is from several yrs ago but it's one of the few closeups I have of me (I'm the blonde by the way).

The REAL test for you face-shape socionics experts though will be to guess the mbti type of the other girl!!!
    she looks like an NF. infp perhaps?

totally random guess btw

MBTI
    Infx

Hmm.. I guess all the links and things make it odd for me. I can't decipher the description it's trying to make.. but I see the face picture now. Haha.

And I always considered my face shape very round. The pic is a little decieving since my hair is long and the earrings are dangly. It does draw my face out a little more. I usually do that intentionally so I don't feel so chubby. -^^-

perhaps this one is a little more accurate.

Dissonance... You look very much like a male INFJ friend I have!!! Very interesting indeed.

Cascade.. I don't even know the first thing about socionics, but I'm gonna say ISTP.
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    she looks like an NF. infp perhaps?

totally random guess btw
    She's definitely ENxJ! I actually suspect she's an ENfJ, although about the time this picture was taken, she took the humanmetrics test (which I personally think is crap - at least with how I tend to test!! ;-), and tested out as ENTJ. But over the years I've gotten to know her, and ENTJ seems rather a stretch.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Ok, in my opinion this is right up there with the water divining and handwriting analysis. Physiognomy might have been all the rage in the mid 1800's but seriously, there's a good reason for it being practically dead now. Even in socionics only a branch of it even believes in this.

I guess this isn't really contributing but gah, can't help it. Why wouldn't the VAST amount of proof that led to the complete dismissal of phrenology, showing that personality traits can't possibly shape the skull, apply to this as well?

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.socionics.com/articles/notes.html
    Some narrow-minded people say that V.I. cannot be possible because looks are genetic. It is partially true (not that V.I. is impossible but that looks are genetic). However, ask two artists to paint the same portrait with the same palette. Even if the portraits end up looking identical, upon closer examination you should be able to notice different brush strokes, different techniques or different style. In V.I. one does not look at what is obvious: "Oh look, he has got no chin and she has got an upturned nose!" In V.I. one looks past the obvious. Once you are able to recognise what to look for then the rest becomes rather rudimentary. Some people are naturally observant and can grasp the essence of V.I. fairly quickly, some need more time and some are pretty useless.
    Way to make personal attacks at people who don't believe in this, they have to be narrow-minded right. If the experts do infact get it right more than they miss, how come it hasn't created a tiny scientific revolution? Might be due to the same reasons why people who claim to be able to do paranormal things never actually do it in a controlled experiment setting. You don't even need to factor in the accuracy or validity of the actual typing in the first place, if you could just prove a correlation between facial features and how people score on the tests that would certainly constitute a breakthrough.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.socionics.com/prof/prof.htm
    ENTps normally have a long, slim figure. Other parts of the body are also stretched, especially the legs and fingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.socionics.com/prof/prof.htm
    ISFps often have a characteristic stout or chubby, rounded figure. They often have short legs and a bouncy gait, giving the impression of a big springy ball.
    This directly contrasts the bolded part in the first quote.

/rant, don't actually mean to offend/provoke anyone.