User Tag List

First 1234 Last

GirlAmerica

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmaiden14 View Post
    Hmm.. I guess all the links and things make it odd for me. I can't decipher the description it's trying to make.. but I see the face picture now. Haha.

And I always considered my face shape very round. The pic is a little decieving since my hair is long and the earrings are dangly. It does draw my face out a little more. I usually do that intentionally so I don't feel so chubby. -^^-

perhaps this one is a little more accurate.

ROUND?????????? CHUBBY???????
    GIRL, are you crazy? You have a full youthful face. Those are appley cheeks. Not chubby..!!!!
    Look at your chin, it is not cut off (which would make your face round). Very distinct.

*translated from Russian/they are big into this stuff....thats why that page is odd

GirlAmerica

edited for double posting...OOPS

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Forfe View Post
    Ok, in my opinion this is right up there with the water divining and handwriting analysis. Physiognomy might have been all the rage in the mid 1800's but seriously, there's a good reason for it being practically dead now. Even in socionics only a branch of it even believes in this.

I guess this isn't really contributing but gah, can't help it. Why wouldn't the VAST amount of proof that led to the complete dismissal of phrenology, showing that personality traits can't possibly shape the skull, apply to this as well?
    Hehe...I agree with the general skepticism/spirit of your rant!! Although Edit: My handwriting analysis was VERY good, I'll have you know!! :-)

I think it's mostly fun, but also, I guess with the face shape/socionics stuff, I always thought it was that ones' appearance, for better or worse, influenced how *other* people reacted/behaved towards one; thus, ones personality is influenced/forged based on how others receive/react to you (including your appearance)- and of course it's all perception. If that makes sense. I'm not saying there's basis for it, and there are probably more examples disproving it, which makes it worthless, but that's where I always thought they were going with it.....
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

GirlAmerica

Ok, in my opinion this is right up there with the water divining and handwriting analysis. Physiognomy might have been all the rage in the mid 1800's but seriously, there's a good reason for it being practically dead now. Even in socionics only a branch of it even believes in this.

I guess this isn't really contributing but gah, can't help it. Why wouldn't the VAST amount of proof that led to the complete dismissal of phrenology, showing that personality traits can't possibly shape the skull, apply to this as well?

Way to make personal attacks at people who don't believe in this, they have to be narrow-minded right. If the experts do infact get it right more than they miss, how come it hasn't created a tiny scientific revolution? Might be due to the same reasons why people who claim to be able to do paranormal things never actually do it in a controlled experiment setting. You don't even need to factor in the accuracy or validity of the actual typing in the first place, if you could just prove a correlation between facial features and how people score on the tests that would certainly constitute a breakthrough.

This directly contrasts the bolded part in the first quote.

/rant, don't actually mean to offend/provoke anyone.

Oh geesh...a helmet revolution!

pick a shape to start your little one out in...form your own person.... ha

MBTI
    Infx

Quote Originally Posted by GirlAmerica View Post
    ROUND?????????? CHUBBY???????
    GIRL, are you crazy? You have a full youthful face. Those are appley cheeks. Not chubby..!!!!
    Thank you. I've come to learn that, and appreciate it. But years and years of teasing is hard to totally get rid of.

Look at your chin, it is not cut off (which would make your face round). Very distinct.
    Hmm.. point made. Oval it is, I guess. XP

Forfe, thank you for the info! It's good to know, but I think this thread is it's own thing. It's really just checking out to see how accurate it is, and seeing if there's a correlation with the people on the board. Just for fun. :3

cascade - wow I was way off. XD
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Way to make personal attacks at people who don't believe in this, they have to be narrow-minded right. If the experts do infact get it right more than they miss, how come it hasn't created a tiny scientific revolution? Might be due to the same reasons why people who claim to be able to do paranormal things never actually do it in a controlled experiment setting. You don't even need to factor in the accuracy or validity of the actual typing in the first place, if you could just prove a correlation between facial features and how people score on the tests that would certainly constitute a breakthrough.

This directly contrasts the bolded part in the first quote.

/rant, don't actually mean to offend/provoke anyone.
    heh, nice rant. i took it more as trying to match up type with subtle facial expressions that would hint at specific functions being used.

in fact, i do that all the time...i'm sure my guesses would be statistically better than random.

GirlAmerica

Facial expressions are truly just another form of language...if you know what you are looking for.... yes sireeeeee.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmaiden14 View Post
    Thank you. I've come to learn that, and appreciate it. But years and years of teasing is hard to totally get rid of.

Hmm.. point made. Oval it is, I guess. XP

Forfe, thank you for the info! It's good to know, but I think this thread is it's own thing. It's really just checking out to see how accurate it is, and seeing if there's a correlation with the people on the board. Just for fun. :3

cascade - wow I was way off. XD
    Wolfmaiden, I looked at your second photograph. You're an ENFp (IEE), I think. ILEs and IEEs tend to have a mischievous look in their eyes or a piercing gaze.

Socionics INFj (EII) tends to look stoned or inaccessible in the eyes and a socionics INFp (IEI) tends to have a ethereal appearance in the eyes. A socionics INTp (ILI) often looks nervous or even paranoid.

GirlAmerica

lol....stoned....

and INTJ's, what are we suppose to have in our eyes?

MBTI
    Infx

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    heh, nice rant. i took it more as trying to match up type with subtle facial expressions that would hint at specific functions being used.

in fact, i do that all the time...i'm sure my guesses would be statistically better than random.
    That's very interesting!! What kind of things do you look for?

Uber - hmm. Some things in the ENFp description suit me. Particularly the absent-mindedness. Doesn't fit like a glove, though. Then again, the INFj one is only remote as well.
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.