User Tag List

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Default Starting topics without maintenance.

I want to start more topics then I reconsider.

I run out of steam and lack the capacity to bring my thoughts to the conversation, to maintain the threads and continue the energy needed for the discussions. Then I get paranoid or zone out and I decide that its better to leave things unsaid. When this happens I quote relevant info that could add to the conversation but aren't mine too. or post a visual or nothing hahaha.

Also much the same on facebook. Can't seem to bring myself to comment on peoples status updates, dislike making status updates. Get uncomfortable making conversations with friends that I know for a long time where I should be comfortable, because I can't seem to maintain the conversations like I once could.

Does anything like this happen to anyone else. I mean there was a thread about not wanting to be the last poster on a thread too. I guess this could be in the same vein.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Check how many topics I start: nearly none. I don't need to; something interesting'll show up on its' own, all I got to do is wait.

No need to spam the forum with 50 new posts a day.

If there's something yeu want to talk about, then go ahead, start a new topic, if yeu only have one or two a week going, maintenance isn't much of an issue =3

Of course, this doesn't work for everyone, i'm sure.

Not sure whot I can say past that, other than that yeur avatar scares me. Chupacabra is bad make it go away ;_;

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    other than that yeur avatar scares me. Chupacabra is bad make it go away ;_;

Aww but its a laughing chiwawa, it was tres awesome.

Yeah okay I was getting tired of the av anyway.

But what if I have topics I want to discuss that haven't been discussed before but am too chicken shit to post them because I'll abandon them.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Whenever I start a thread, I leave it the hell alone and move on. Same with my facebook updates. I make them whenever I feel like expressing an idea or something that I like. Ocasionally I don't want to overwhelm others with my continual presence, so I'll hold back from commenting and wait for others to do so... and it never happens. I think I'll just do what I want. Self conciousness often gets the better of me, which is sad. Like, you can't make pokemon references infront of the cool kids on facebook or they might reject you. That's not cool! Best thing about free time and forums is that you can express yourself however you want Just play nice...
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    Whenever I start a thread, I leave it the hell alone and move on. Same with my facebook updates. I make them whenever I feel like expressing an idea or something that I like. Occasionally I don't want to overwhelm others with my continual presence, so I'll hold back from commenting and wait for others to do so... and it never happens. I think I'll just do what I want. Self consciousness often gets the better of me, which is sad. Like, you can't make pokemon references in front of the cool kids on facebook or they might reject you. That's not cool! Best thing about free time and forums is that you can express yourself however you want Just play nice...
    Yeah I can relate to that, though without gaining momentum the energy won't continue either.

For instance on facebook, taking an interest in others and commenting on their status updates generally results in their attention to become more focused on your thoughts and more probable of a response sometimes. But I can't deal with that so tends to avoid it, the energy to do things is costly these days.

The same with topics, while often depends how the words are expressed the interest wavers depending on the core values people have. and if you leave open ended questions that ask more questions usually you tend to get some more responses than yes or no answers and opinions.

Also since I dislike drawing attention to the self usually the mood goes, for you gotta be in the mood to answer some things. irrespective whether on topic or not.

Just trying to learn where the inhibitions and reservations come from, why they are there, how can they be reconstructed.

MBTI
    INTJ

I've run across that very problem. When I create a thread, I intend for others to add enough of their own material so that I don't feel like I might as well have been talking to myself.

I've come to realize that if I don't submit a new comment (even if it's just quoting what they said and then saying "Yeah, totally" afterward), the thread becomes as limp and lifeless as --==[insert joke about an 80 year old's penis]==--.

I'm not sure what you can do about it. I have never mastered the art of starting threads that write themselves. I wish I knew- Composing comments is tediously draining.
    Q: "What is the process of seeking the truth?"
    A: "Distilled liquor"

Q: "If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?"
    A: "Between a starving prostitute and a steak sandwich."

Q:How would a mathematician capture an elephant?
    A:He would build a cage, step inside, and rename his new location as "outside."