User Tag List

First 2345 Last

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

damn you J's and your clean desks.....

Clean is all relative anyway. Mine at the moment is bad, but I can still get to the laptop so it's not that bad.....
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Why does everyone assume that J's are clean?

I think having material belongings organized is a very narrow way of interpreting the J's need for order.

Order is also extended to life, as in having your life organized, structured, and being in control. Order as in a need to live a ritualistic or routine lifestyle, not necessarily because you want to, but because you are compelled to.

LOL! I thought everybody would just call me an idiot for starting this thread and then it would die. However, there's been lots of replies. Excellent! Some of you are almost as messy as me, but it seems like nobody ever leaves food sitting around like I do. It doesn't bother me unless it smells really bad. (I do clean sometimes when people come over, but not all the time, I guess it depends on who they are.) Sometimes I leave plates and cups sitting around so long that they actually start to grow mold. And then I just throw them away instead of washing them.

Raise your hand if you're guilty of that!

When I used to live with my mom, she'd be pissed off at me if my ashtrays actually had cigarette butts in them! According to her, it looks tacky or something like that. She thinks you're supposed to dump the ash tray once you've put out like two or three cigarettes in it. Shit, everybody knows you're supposed to dump the ashtray once it's completely full, and only after you've already filled every other possible thing around it, too, like cans, cups, and lids.

I know I'm a P because I'll spend five minutes inventing a way to do something that doesn't require me to get up, even though the thing I'm trying to do only takes 25 seconds of real work. I don't know, it probably sounds like I'm bragging about my messiness and laziness, but I'm really not that proud of it. It's just how I've always been and I'm not going to feel down about it, that's for sure! The rest of you Ps probably feel like ISTJs compared to me.

All of a sudden I feel inspired to create a personal development thread here...

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I think having material belongings organized is a very narrow way of interpreting the J's need for order.
    I agree. And even though I'm sloppy, I'm actually kind of organized with everything that's halfway important. And even for the rest of it, I still know where everything is because I have a good memory and everything is organized chronologically. Three weeks ago might be on the couch, and yesterday might be on top of the three foot pile on top of the couch. It's perfect.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

You lot make me look tidy, and my picture was my desk on a messy day.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtlessFuture View Post
    Hmmm your power supply looks exactly like mine!!!

lol we did this because the power supply for our shuttle was pretty expensive.
    Yes, they are. I don't know how much they are in the U.S, but I know they are £60 here in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Falcarius... your power supply is on top of your computer because it wouldn't fit in the case, and so is your hard drive because the power wire wouldn't reach... right?
    Yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    ENTP

Pretty good most of the time... usually any 'mess' on my desk consists of papers that I'm soon going to see to and then file, or just 'stuff' that the kids put down on it, which I soon pick up and put in their rooms. I usually give it a once over every other day or so.

I don't think my tidiness is really to do with natural tidiness as it is so much claustrophobia driven. I really need to have clear space around me in all senses.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

How clean is your desk?-desktop-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post

Messy NJ-ers unite!

When I start cleaning, the area becomes spotless and everything is organized in an highly efficient manner.

Yet when I don't keep up the maintenance, it ends up like this. I have another desk, but it's so cluttered with junk that I can't work on it anymore.
    x2

my room is either perfectly spotless and alphabetized and organized, or it looks like a disaster zone. the time it takes to get from A to B is probably 2 days. I stay at the extremes. I hate maintenance of chores. I'd rather overhaul.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

My desk is rather clean, and right in the middle of the cluttered-organized scale.

I never fully understood the organization thing. Is it really important as long as one knows where to find things, and quickly? I mean, my ESFJ mother sometimes puts (read: hides) away some of my things to some pretty pocketdimensional places without telling me, pretty much slowing me down when the time comes to find the stuff I need. How is that in any way beneficial?
    Not really.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lethe View Post

[img]

Messy NJ-ers unite!

When I start cleaning, the area becomes spotless and everything is organized in an highly efficient manner.

Yet when I don't keep up the maintenance, it ends up like this. I have another desk, but it's so cluttered with junk that I can't work on it anymore.
    Ooooo! Is that a Norton Anthology of English Literature volume 3 I see?