User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

My desk at work has papers scattered around, and is kind of messy with some tea stains on the desktop surface , but every couple of weeks I clean it up, get rid of what I don't need, and then I have very little, or no paper out. It stays clean for a few days then, but then the pieces of paper eventually start accumulating again (the papers are mostly covered with ideas, doodles, or things related to my job -- I try to print as little as possible, and hate 'wasting' paper, and so rather than using actual notebooks and clean pieces of paper to jot my ideas, I'll use the backs of printed pages for writing -- so the paper that IS on my desk looks really messy because it has my scribbles on it).

Then the walls of my cubicle are covered with photographs that I've taken (either from my travels, or just nature photography) -- it looks like wallpaper. I also have several frames out with landscape shots. People joke that they come to my cubicle for vacation. :-)

My desk at home is very clean and organized - on the outside. But the drawers are a mess, and completely unorganized (although I know where everything is ;-)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by LucrativeSid View Post

It doesn't always look like this. I do clean it when I need to. (It needs to be cleaned when things start falling off and making a mess when I try to add new things.) The fact that I let it get like this really makes me feel like a slob, though. I've been like this my whole life. One day, it's spotless, and the next, it's a complete mess. It's because I don't clean as I go...
    hehe! That looks like my son's desk, HOWEVER, his desk is actually built into an entertainment/armoire, in my dining room, so all I have to do is close the doors and (viola!) I don't have to see it anymore!

My desk is not too messy today (roll-top desk so I can close it when it is a mess!), but today I am on my work laptop on my dining room table, and that still has breakfast dishes on it, so...
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    INFP

Just to be clear, my work desk is a mess! I have stacks and stacks of paper to work through and file. Ugh... it sort of depresses me to think of what I have to face tomorrow. (I need an assistant)
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

This is what my desk looks like when I have to hand in a assignment.

Reputation points to the first person who can tell me whats is wrong with my PC?

I would also give Reputation points for anyone willing to come to Oxford to clean my bedroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

Hmmm your power supply looks exactly like mine!!!
    Gotta upload a pic, hold on...

lol we did this because the power supply for our shuttle was pretty expensive.

Now, on topic, here is my desk I share with my INFP husband. It can get a lot worse than this, we cleaned it maybe 2 weeks ago.

Last edited by ArtlessFuture; 12-16-2007 at 05:16 PM. Reason: adding pics

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    My desk looks quite a bit like yours. It keeps getting filled with new stuff I don't remove...
    Same here. My desk looks like it's been hit by a tornado.

I intend on cleaning it up... eventually.

But as messy as it is, I hardly ever have any food crumbs or drinks lying around anywhere.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

Socionics
    SLI

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    My desk is clean but not exactly orderly. There is a book, some pencils, some papers piled. However I don't like mess because it feels like I have no space. I'm especially squeamish in regard to food remains.
    Roughly the same.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Falcarius... your power supply is on top of your computer because it wouldn't fit in the case, and so is your hard drive because the power wire wouldn't reach... right?

Anyway... my desk. Now remember, I do clean it if people are coming... but I have so few friends that I invite over that I simply don't have the motivation.

athenian200...
    You call that desk messy?
    My desk looks like an utter pigsty, as does the rest of my room. I virtually need hiking gear to safely make my way over a mountain of books, papers, discarded clothes, rotting corpses, moldy food, a plethora of random accessories, etc. to just get to the bathroom down the hall.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

My desk is usually literally smothered with empty Mountain Dew cans. (Although I've cleaned it up for now.)