User Tag List

Thread: Oppossoms and Possoms

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Oppossoms and Possoms

We don't have oppossums, YouTube - Michaela petting a baby Opposum, we have possums and they live in my roof.

On a cold night they climb from the roof onto the top of huge Pin Oaks and then down the trunk to greet me as I return home.

I always speak to them, and they pay me attention just as you do, my little possums.

But I wonder if I should feed them. My father used to feed bread and jam to the possums but once they scratched him.

I think of the possums up in the roof. It must be quite a place - a very large area and heated from below in winter - so I am sure they are snug little possums.

They are very cute little animals, so cute that parents here are inclined to call their children, "Possum", as a pet name.

And of course our uber mother, Dame Edna Everage, calls us all possums. And we throw gladioli at her.

You can feed them if you want, but after that, you will be responible if they bite anyone. Technically, feeding a stray animal makes it an unoficial pet.
    Q: "What is the process of seeking the truth?"
    A: "Distilled liquor"

Q: "If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?"
    A: "Between a starving prostitute and a steak sandwich."

Q:How would a mathematician capture an elephant?
    A:He would build a cage, step inside, and rename his new location as "outside."

Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Away with the fairies Array Southern Kross's Avatar
    4w5 so/sp

Australian possums are a protected species in their homeland. Australians think they are cute and cuddly.

Introduced Australian posssums in NZ are rampant pests. Even animal rights activists swerve to hit them with their cars as they cross the road.