User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    A friend of mine works as a dominatrix.

She told me a story about one of her clients - this older guy. He asked her to torture his nipples until they bled, then he went to jerk off in the corner. After the session was over he told her that he works as an attorney. He said that he is a Vietnam vet, but practicing law was by far the worst thing he had to do, and if it wasn't for the dominatrix sessions, he would have blown his brains out long time ago.

No, I'm not making this up.
    What's her hourly rate?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    What's her hourly rate?
    She doesn't want your shillings, you lousy brit-twit.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    NICE

She doesn't want your shillings, you lousy brit-twit.
    Hey - I can pay in Euros.

Just because your arse looks like a flapjack, don't get fucky.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Sounds good.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    Hey - I can pay in Euros.

Just because your arse looks like a flapjack, don't get fucky.
    Chill it with slander, you envious poof.

Anyone who was lucky enough to sneak a gander at my derriere knows it's of primo quality.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

The substance abuse stuff scares me :/ When I started going to school and taking my early psychology and social work classes, we got warned about the high burn out rate.

Why do you think the legal profession does this to so many people?
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbows View Post
    The substance abuse stuff scares me :/ When I started going to school and taking my early psychology and social work classes, we got warned about the high burn out rate.

Why do you think the legal profession does this to so many people?
    Here are some reasons from the top of my head:

It's boring work, hours are terrible, clients always think they are getting ripped off, people think you have money when in fact you don't, you have to hustle for scraps while ABA is watching you like a hawk and threatening to disbar you if you ever piss off a client while constantly reminding you that you should do pro bono work (i.e. hand out shit for free to the people that disdain you), and you can't quit because you are overly invested (3 years of your life, $100K of your money).

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I decided against going to law school last year to pursue something more creative/less soul sucking. This thread has been most enjoyable. Goodbye cognitive dissonance
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    LoLz

I had an interest in law, but then I felt like there was just a lot of bullshit social crap and doctoring of information. I can get intensely passionate about defending people's rights and maintaining equality and consistency, but the general type of people in a field can kill my interest.

It goes for accounting too. I love math, I love numbers and systems. I could do calculations all day. However, I got a glimpse of the "do x and y 1 million times over and over again and that's your career" and I didn't want it.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Here are some reasons from the top of my head:

It's boring work, hours are terrible, clients always think they are getting ripped off, people think you have money when in fact you don't, you have to hustle for scraps while ABA is watching you like a hawk and threatening to disbar you if you ever piss off a client while constantly reminding you that you should do pro bono work (i.e. hand out shit for free to the people that disdain you), and you can't quit because you are overly invested (3 years of your life, $100K of your money).
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.