User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

well, I'd certainly look forward to turning 30 a lot more!

I'd travel and write about the places and people that I saw... if the books didn't sell who cares? I don't need the royalties to fund my travel!

Traveling and just experiencing things would be my job

oh, I'd also pay Sallie Mae back
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    I just want to make sure you understood the age parameter
    What is it about the age parameter that is so important? Being close to 30, I can't think of anything that I wouldn't have been able to do in my early 20s and I wouldn't be able to do in my 50s in the future, when considering the result of my actions.

MBTI
    INtP

How would you spend your days? Would you be content just retiring? Would you do volunteer work? Would you work a real job or start a company, just to keep yourself busy? Start a family and simply contribute all of your extra time? What the hell would you do with yourself?
    I would (or would have, as I'm 30+ now) absolutely retire, although I really consider anyone who *chooses* (as opposed to "has to") to work as retired already. In my case, I'd not work a "real job". Dropping the stress of that is really *the* appeal behind why I'd want to have the money. So I'd not be starting a new company or anything of the sort, at least until I'd forgotten how much day-to-day job stress sucks, that is .

Volunteer, perhaps - (sensible) environmental activism, etc. appeals to me. I'd probably start a zillion little projects that I'd never finish, travel, take a lot of classes on various eclectic things, make an effort to invest in causes and projects that appeal to me. Really, whatever I felt like.

Oh, and three years later I'd have dropped $50 million in to Google's IPO .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

with some more thought, I'd start my own pizza and wine restraunt with both healthy and non healthy pizzas with a variety of toppings... I'd also make sure to hire other people to work there so that I didn't have to work when I didn't want to!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    What is it about the age parameter that is so important? Being close to 30, I can't think of anything that I wouldn't have been able to do in my early 20s and I wouldn't be able to do in my 50s in the future, when considering the result of my actions.
    I think its 30 over 20 or 50 because on average, your answers will be much more of circumstance if you received the $100 million at 20 or at 50.

If you are 50, and suddenly cash in: you'll probably just keep living your life, except pay off your mortgage, and probably work a little less...but keep your same friends/family/location etc.

If you are 20, and suddenly cash in: you'll probably just live like a playboy traveling the world 300 days a year, occupying pent houses, spending way too much money on useless things, partying etc... All with it in mind that, your life, "oh Ill figure that out later".

That's why I picked 30.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

so at 35, you still split your locations, travel most of the year, and run several companies? (I just want to make sure you understood the age parameter )
    huh? i meant forever and ever until i die yes....what are you talkin about!?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    huh? i meant forever and ever until i die yes....what are you talkin about!?
    playboy ^

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

um still...huh? just wth are you talking about? is something about that odd to you in some way? sounds cool, i think.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    um still...huh? just wth are you talking about? is something about that odd to you in some way? sounds cool, i think.
    it does sound cool...im happy for you and your imaginary wealth

Phantonym

I think its important because on average, your answers will be much more of circumstance if you received the $100 million at 20 or at 50.

If you are 50, and suddenly cash in: you'll probably just keep living your life, except pay off your mortgage, and probably work a little less...but keep your same friends/family/location etc.

If you are 20, and suddenly cash in: you'll probably just live like a playboy traveling the world 300 days a year, occupying pent houses, spending way too much money on useless things, partying etc... All with it in mind that, you're life, "oh Ill figure that out later".

That's why I picked 30.
    The answers will obviously depend on the individual as well. Think about a person in their 50s who has never really "lived" because the circumstances haven't allowed them to do so. Maybe they started a family very early and they've had to work and work for decades, maybe solely to keep up their family. Now, when the cash flows suddenly in, they'll have all the freedom in the world to do all those useless things and all that they never had the chance to do. People in their 50s have dreams too, you know. And sometimes they're even more crazy than people in their 20s have.

Besides, money affects people in different ways, some go absolutely nuts whereas some would only tweak little things that have a meaning to them. Even when they receive a large amount of money.