User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Eastern Europe is somewhere I find extremely interesting to be honest. There's little from the 20th century that really appeals to me (I think the wars and Soviet influence dragged the whole region down a rather sordid blind alley which it is only recently making steps to find its way out of) but I like the history, the landscapes, the traditional art and artitecture, etc. I'm impressed by the way people have hung on to much of their unique local culture despite the appalling treatment they've had to endure over the years, most recently but not soley from the Communists and their inheritors.

Most of the people I've met from that part of the world have been very decent, often intelligent and easy to talk to, with a good sense of humour and a tendency towards self-deprecation, though I do notice a tendency towads depression and self-destructive behaviour, especially alcoholism. I was certainly thinking of travelling to the Eastern European countries at some point, even spending some time there.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

Glycerine

Gorgeous women.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Gorgeous women.
    That's really true, actually. :workout:

On topic: I love Eastern Europe.

FigerPuppet

Dirty gypsies. Lots of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    Dirty gypsies.
    They dont call me gypsy without reason

My mom's parents were from Ukraine and Slovakia (I think there are pockets of upstate NY that have a lot of families descended from Polish and other Eastern European immigrants). My family is mostly Americanised by now, though, but we still will make pierogi (I have no idea how to spell Ukrainian name) and other foods for special occasions. I really want to know more about the region, and visit at some point in my life.

Growing up in the Boston area there were usually several kids in each grade whose families had immigrated from that region of the world... Bulgaria, Hungary, Russia, Czech Republic... they all seemed to be brilliant, but then I suppose everyone in my high school was pretty brilliant (no joke). My new neighborhood has tons of Russian immigrants, even a lot of the store signs and billboards are in Russian. Little grandmothers often start talking to me in Russian and I have to shake my head. So sorry ma'am I wish I could understand you.

I just saw this movie the other weekend and LOVED it:
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5Geb5zO4co"]Stilyagi[/YOUTUBE]

I am also sort of fascinated by the Eastern Orthodox religious tradition.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

What do I think? I'll get away from (t)here and as as soon as possible!
    Oh yeah?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I've always wanted to travel through Eastern Europe.

As a kid, I lived in West Germany, and much of Eastern Europe was not accessible, as it was "behind the iron curtain" at the time.

I've met people from Poland, East Germany, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, Romania, and Russia over the course of my life, and all have been very nice, cool, smart people.

Some of the girls I met from Hungary and from Poland are the prettiest I've EVER come across, I was really impressed with their genetics and "assets."

My first trip to Eastern Europe will most likely be to Budapest. I've seen great travel site info from there the last few months...

-Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro