User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which is more appealing to you?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Technology

14 20.59%
  • Nature

54 79.41%
First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I prefer the sea! Nature in other words. Technology doesnt mean much if you got love, friends and sex. But I like technology at the moment. But that is because I don't get regular sex, due to lack of love. Nice theory, innit? ^^

Well, I try spending as much time as possible doing relations stuff with friends and family. I actually feel a thousand times better doing that than sitting by the computer. And I love being out in the nature hiking, hunting, fishing (at sea, in lakes and rivers) or just anything that is outside.

But I hate winter. It's WAY too cold up here in scandinavia >.< Don't understand how this viking people can actually like winter

oh and by the way, I've started signing all my credit card receipts with "Comandante en Jefe"

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    As I read each post, it seems those who prefer nature over technology are nature's doormats.
    Maybe there is a correlation for those who have been pwned outside literally in the middle of nowhere. I've totally been pwned outside by nature, far far away from any technology or people to help besides the small group I was with. It's frightening. But deeply moving, too.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

No matter, in all honesty, I think a lot of people here just say they prefer nature to sound more cultured. (Yes, for some reason, enjoying the beauty of nature is considered cultured, especially with the FFM.)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

And it's not the technology itself that is beautiful, it's what it does. The beauty in technology is that it makes me happy when it's working properly.

And the fact that it doesn't work properly is because of the flaws of nature; in this case, man.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I guess I'm not saying Nature isn't beautiful, so much as I'm saying that there's something very special and personal about things that have been made by a person, while I guess I like technology because it's more "human."

Nature is just unknowable and too powerful, and I tend to appreciate things I can relate to. I respect and fear the power of nature, I just don't understand why something that's scary and dangerous is beautiful. I hate to be scared or surprised. I also don't understand how something can be beautiful if it doesn't have any kind of order or reason behind it.

Another reason is that I absolutely hated camping when I went that one time, even though it wasn't that far out. There's so much dirt, so many bugs, no way to get a good bath, awful smells everywhere. You can feel the dust pelting your skin and keep worrying that you'll get bitten by something. The sun makes you constantly worried about skin damage and cancer, and it's hot and uncomfortable... except at night, when it's so chilling you worry about hypothermia. And everyone looks just awful because there's little or nothing you can do to fix your disheveled appearance. It's also boring, because there's nothing to read, and not many people to talk to. You don't get to eat what you want, you can't guarantee the sanitation of things, and everything around is all distorted, disproportionate, and randomly grown. There's no sign of intelligence in anything around you.

Okay, maybe I just don't like it because it traumatized me...

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

No matter, in all honesty, I think a lot of people here just say they prefer nature to sound more cultured. (Yes, for some reason, enjoying the beauty of nature is considered cultured, especially with the FFM.)
    You are such a dork.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Nature doesn't confuse me like technology does does that answer please you more Uber? I feel a hell of a lot more comfortable with something that's alive than I do with something cold, hard and manmade!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Nature doesn't confuse me like technology does does that answer please you more Uber? I feel a hell of a lot more comfortable with something that's alive than I do with something cold, hard and manmade!
    You and your innuendos!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Have you ever been far enough away from the city that you couldn't even pick up radio station waves on a portable radio? Without motorized transportation to get you there? Only a paddle or your legs?

There's something about being outside of civilization that really moves you. It's not just bullshit.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    I guess I'm not saying Nature isn't beautiful, so much as I'm saying that there's something very special and personal about things that have been made by a person, while I guess I like technology because it's more "human."

Nature is just unknowable and too powerful, and I tend to appreciate things I can relate to. I respect and fear the power of nature, I just don't understand why something that's scary and dangerous is beautiful. I hate to be scared or surprised. I also don't understand how something can be beautiful if it doesn't have any kind of order or reason behind it.

Another reason is that I absolutely hated camping when I went that one time, even though it wasn't that far out. There's so much dirt, so many bugs, no way to get a good bath, awful smells everywhere. You can feel the dust pelting your skin and keep worrying that you'll get bitten by something. The sun makes you constantly worried about skin damage and cancer, and it's hot and uncomfortable... except at night, when it's so chilling you worry about hypothermia. And everyone looks just awful because there's little or nothing you can do to fix your disheveled appearance. It's also boring, because there's nothing to read, and not many people to talk to. You don't get to eat what you want, you can't guarantee the sanitation of things, and everything around is all distorted, disproportionate, and randomly grown. There's no sign of intelligence in anything around you.

Okay, maybe I just don't like it because it traumatized me...
    was this real camping or fake camping?

(real camping is far more satisfying. still lots of bugs and grossness, and you have to master peeing in the forest with a trowel, but it's rewarding b/c you worked for your meal. fake camping has the worst of real camping and the worst of civilization all in one place. i never fake camp unless it's a way to see dozens of friends at one time. and even then I hate it.)
    C.S. Lewis