User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which is more appealing to you?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Technology

14 20.59%
  • Nature

54 79.41%
First 1234 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Technology. It involves more creativity to...ahem...create it.

That and it does exactly as it's told.

(Nature is for girls.)

Things that have been created have a certain human touch to them. You can tell that another, fellow human being considered how it was to be made, and was involved in it's construction. You know there was a purpose in mind for it, that it was created by people for people. Such things tend to have a clear design, a more understandable and symmetrical form. You can get an idea of what the person who created it might have been like, what might have been important to them.
    I do agree that humans are more beautiful than anything else, but it could be argued that humans spring forth from nature, therefore everything technological is derived from nature.

So I'm still voting for nature.

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

Perhaps the difference in appeal lies in where each individual's comfort zone is in, and the degree of control one desires.

Technology has a beauty because it creates order out of a chaos, and places things in a way which can be understood and controlled, with rational thought. It gives a sensation of mastery, of having attained completion/perfection, in a sense, it creates safety because you can understand it. And mastery of it depends on intellect, so you could order humans by it too.

With nature. There is a wildness and a sense of things beyond your understanding, and beyond human ability to order and control. Terrifying, knowing that all man will bow before it, and are in a sense, equal. You could master it, but you'll always know you'd never fully understand it, and she'd not stay under reins forever. And therein lies the attraction and mystery. In that wildness lies freedom - via a surrender to something larger than yourself, in a way.

So what gives each person comfort, will determine what each finds beauty and value in. . .

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Yes, well, it's become clear even on this thread that males are more awed by technology, while females are more awed by nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Yes, well, it's become clear even on this thread that males are more awed by technology, while females are more awed by nature.
    I think your Te is getting out of control there, mate.

Good post, Aelon.

In that wildness lies freedom - via a surrender to something larger than yourself, in a way.
    Very nicely worded. Freedom is my favorite thing of all time.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

No, in that wildness of nature lies allergies. Sneezing, itching, and aching.

MBTI
    INTJ

What's the difference?

I can't answer this poll.

Technology and Nature can only be seen through the lens of human understanding, an understanding shaped by the scepticist judeo-christian scientific method cultivated in out cultural selfconsciousness for thousands of years. Is it possible to se and feel nature without seeing it from a technological perspective, thereby essentially seeing crude unfinished technology?At the same time, is it possible not to se the influence of nature in any kind of technology? I say the difference is nigh and it is a beautiful world full of cruelty and suffering.
    Will you join in our crusade? Who will be strong and stand with me?

MBTI
    INFP

I enjoy technology, however, I don't think it's beautiful like nature.
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Nature is more everything. More awe-inspiring and more revolting than anything humans are able to come up with at this point.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

As I read each post, it seems those who prefer nature over technology are nature's doormats.