User Tag List

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Default The Phone In Show

You know those shows where they invite someone to host calls about bird-watching or give gardening advice etc?

How about a thread where you can ask whatever kinds of practical questions you have? Whoever thinks they have an answer may respond.

I'll start. Is there any replacement for Toyota's Tercel? (I know they made the Echo for awhile and then discontinued it too). If so, have you ever tried it? I'm considering buying a Corolla, but didn't want to rule something else out.

Any advice for making a clean job of re-caulking around the bathtub?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

actually the last time I reculked around the bathtub (about 5 years ago!) I decided to try and apply what I knew about dying my hair to the situation and lined the areas I DIDN'T want the culk on with petroleum jelly... it worked out quite well, which surprized me!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Speaking of dying hair, what is the best brand to go with, or does it make a difference, if you are doing it at home. Any advice for avoiding disaster shades?

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    actually the last time I reculked around the bathtub (about 5 years ago!) I decided to try and apply what I knew about dying my hair to the situation and lined the areas I DIDN'T want the culk on with petroleum jelly... it worked out quite well, which surprized me!
    Awesome.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I actually have trouble finding a hair dye in the same shade as my natural color (dark ash brown) and pretty much the best one I've found that is the right shade AND I like how it turns out is L'oreal Natural Match... it has just about the most variety of shades I can find in any store (not just one that's beauty specific)
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I think we could've better called this thread the "Hair dye thread", because I have a question about my hair too!

The question: I want to dye my hair in some other color, but I can't decide which one. My natural hair color is starting to bore me and I want some extreme color (but not blue, green etc, something like platinum blond, dark brown or purpleish red).
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

How often do you need to get things like wheel alignments, shocks and brake pads done? I really don't know, but guess that your probably not supposed to just wait till something goes wrong.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I just demand that they check everything on my car when I take it in for an oil change (which I do every 3 months or so) they usually catch anything that needs to be done that way... cars aren't my thing really