User Tag List

View Poll Results: Lark's Thread Making Frequency: Approve or Disapprove?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Approve

33 94.29%
  • Disapprove

2 5.71%
First 12345 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I didnt notice any negative comments, there's people who disagree with me and that's fine, perhaps I do post too much but its not something I'm conscious of either way and maybe I should be.

I know I visit the forum a lot, its one of three that I visit almost daily but that's pretty much because its an exemplar in online spaces of its kind and the people here are great. If this is bothering people I'll stop it, someone asked me to ease up already and I thougt I had, sometimes when I post stuff its just because its in the news or I think it'd make for conversation and that's what it is, I dont hope to convince anyone of much or to crusade or overwhelm or anything like that.

I'm a bit perturbed by this thread.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    What does it mean to "finish" a thread?
    I think they mean that there is no conclusion to the thread as far as convincing the OP of something/teaching them something goes, as threads are often started for advice.

Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm a bit perturbed by this thread.
    It does seem weird that this came up at all doesn't it? I didn't think you were making this many waves to merit a thread about your posting habits. At least it's mostly positive though

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

^I'd be happy with just some sort of follow up.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by aphrodite-gone-awry View Post
    Haha. Yeah, I worded that really poorly. I mean to manage it. He throws something out, but then doesn't always respond or dialogue about it. Over time, it gets to where you just know this thread is going to die after page 2, so why bother?

Edit: although I usually like his topics.
    I dialogue with the people who I dont think are being facetious or who arent on my ignore list (before anyone says anything about that its not easy to get there, generally I've tried and failed to engage the people in question for a bit and then decided its enough since I could imagine people dont want to visit to see pages of bitching, moaning and battling).

What is replay value? I dont understand that one but someone has suggested that I participate more in existing threads before, I've never wanted to post so much that no ones going to want to participate because I'm dominating things, although perhaps the rate of threads itself gives that impression. Should that be the case I'd be equally apologetic about it.

Truth be told I like to read what others have to say about twice as much as I like to post my own opinions, it makes me think and sometimes I learn a lot from it too (although its unlikely to sway my opinions or reform them, reflecting on that is part of the reason I dont aim to change other peoples minds online).

I think I'm going to remain out of this thread, its weirded me out a bit and I dont want to get banned, if that's in the offing I'll do whatever to prevent it. What's the story about fluff? What is that? There's a part of the forum named for that, should I go post and read there instead? I tend to post on the current because I cant write interesting threads on sex, the other popular bit of the forum, so I dont try and I dont understand MBTI as much as others here so I read rather than write things there.

Basicly I can understand him. (since I opened more threads than him)

However I am holding back since I don't want to swarm the forum with my threads.
    Plus I try to push my threads before I leave them. So maybe he should try to do that since there are good topic among his. (just saying)

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

that's the danger of being a member with obvious quirks... you get threads posted about you without your permission given on the topic occasionally
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I dialogue with the people who I dont think are being facetious or who arent on my ignore list (before anyone says anything about that its not easy to get there, generally I've tried and failed to engage the people in question for a bit and then decided its enough since I could imagine people dont want to visit to see pages of bitching, moaning and battling).

What is replay value? I dont understand that one but someone has suggested that I participate more in existing threads before, I've never wanted to post so much that no ones going to want to participate because I'm dominating things, although perhaps the rate of threads itself gives that impression. Should that be the case I'd be equally apologetic about it.

Truth be told I like to read what others have to say about twice as much as I like to post my own opinions, it makes me think and sometimes I learn a lot from it too (although its unlikely to sway my opinions or reform them, reflecting on that is part of the reason I dont aim to change other peoples minds online).

I think I'm going to remain out of this thread, its weirded me out a bit and I dont want to get banned, if that's in the offing I'll do whatever to prevent it. What's the story about fluff? What is that? There's a part of the forum named for that, should I go post and read there instead? I tend to post on the current because I cant write interesting threads on sex, the other popular bit of the forum, so I dont try and I dont understand MBTI as much as others here so I read rather than write things there.
    Well, I enjoyed reading your thread recently about.....gays and lesbians and it got pretty interesting (to me) when you and magic (and some others) got going on the different views of psychology.

haha. You won't get banned. When I get the feeling over time that someone doesn't manage the threads they start, then I simply will stop posting in them. But I might still read them.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I think I'm going to remain out of this thread, its weirded me out a bit and I dont want to get banned, if that's in the offing I'll do whatever to prevent it. What's the story about fluff? What is that? There's a part of the forum named for that, should I go post and read there instead?
    No, I was saying the opposite of that, that you don't post fluff. So that's good. Fluff is defined pretty well here: Typology Central - FAQ

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

...I dont want to get banned, if that's in the offing I'll do whatever to prevent it.
    Please feel free to dialogue in this thread with everyone. You're not going to get banned for engaging people here, and I know I've appreciated your willingness to examine and change your posting behavior in the past when there's been issues.

As a member (rather than as a mod), I think I'll just say I think the topics can be interesting and can create discussion; the one thing that can put me off personally is that typically your OP is not a call to investigate something. Instead, you dump some strong viewpoint of your own which often (to me) does not seem supported with any hard details, and then if you do engage later in the thread, you just try to dismiss and shoot down other ideas rather than providing said detail. And when someone makes a good point, you seem to just claim it's bias or not representative (against without evidence); you don't reasonably address the point, at least on a level I can appreciate.

Which in the end discourages me from wanting to participate in your threads, or else leads me to talk to others in your thread and ignore your posts. I'd rather engage you and vice versa, if you're going to start the thread in the first place, if I had a choice.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft