User Tag List

MBTI
    yupp

Default blind dog and blind man

So pretty much lets say their's a blind man walking in the woods, and then all of a sudden the seeing eye dog gets his eyes pecked out by a bird, but he's fine for the most part, except no eyes. Well anyways their both blind and in the woods, do you think the dogs sense of smell and hearing would help get them out? or do you think they'd starve to death? or do you think the man could get them out of the woods?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'd think that the dog's excellent sense of smell could get them out of there- dog's aren't supposed to have that good of eyesight in the first place from what I've heard, but their senses of smell are so much better than ours!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    So pretty much lets say their's a blind man walking in the woods, and then all of a sudden the seeing eye dog gets his eyes pecked out by a bird, but he's fine for the most part, except no eyes. Well anyways their both blind and in the woods, do you think the dogs sense of smell and hearing would help get them out? or do you think they'd starve to death? or do you think the man could get them out of the woods?
    It would depend on several factors, including how deep the woods were, if anyone knew where they were, and how close they were to a city. But assuming they were close enough to a town, I think between the man's intelligence and the dog's sense of smell, they'd find a way out. It just seems like blind people are good at finding new ways to navigate after losing their sight, and I think they would probably figure something out before they died.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

This is what I was hoping this thread would say:

A blind man and his dog walk into a bar. The man sits down and orders a beer. When he finishes he get off his stool, grabs his dog by the legs and starts swinging it around. "And just what in the hell do you think you're doing?" asked the bartender. "Relax," said the blind man. "I'm just looking around."

Re: OP. I don't think your question makes any sense without a few parameters. What's the blind guy like? Is he resourceful? What can the dog do besides lick his sack? How far is civilization? Are their any roads or paths nearby? Is this their first time being lost? How did they get lost?

MBTI
    yupp

maybe I should have thought about this more instead of posting it 30 seconds after coming up with it. But part of it is because I'm lazy I wanted you to feel in the parameters just to see what people exact scenerio other's would come up with.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    Infx

I think the dog would be in too damn much pain to do anything but lie on the ground and paw at his wounds for awhile. The blind man would be rather befuddled, not fully knowing what happened and probably stumble around trying to help.

Then they'd both get eaten by a bear.

The end.
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

Oberon

I think the guy would whip out his cell phone and dial 911.