User Tag List

First 715161718 Last

Results 161 to 170 of 172

  1. #161
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    i have no idea what's gone on with your past relationships...was there a similar dynamic? do you feel like you were more in it than they were? trying alone most of the time? i'm sorry...that sucks. what would you say you've learned from that? something about the people you've been drawn to in the past? feel differently now?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  2. #162
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i have no idea what's gone on with your past relationships...was there a similar dynamic? do you feel like you were more in it than they were? trying alone most of the time? i'm sorry...that sucks. what would you say you've learned from that? something about the people you've been drawn to in the past? feel differently now?
    After the first few I saw some similarities and tried filtering them out. Surprise, surprise, I find another permutation that I had to add even more rules to my filters for. Good enough? Heeeeeeeeeeell no. End up with another where your screwed either way, then slammed behind my back only to find out from a friend of hers later. Ok, add more rules to the filter, no problem. Next girl, went by the numbers, she actually seemed sane; then she stops talking to me for a week and breaks the silence with a break up text. WTF! Add to that, most of the interesting people are out of reach or want to stay away so why wish when you ain't gonna get it anyway. Might as well just keep everyone scared and look the other way since wanting anything just results in disappointment. I've learned my lesson, I'm just between a rock and a hard place and am sick of the headache.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #163
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    so...hmmm...not much to go on there but i'm sorry for your bad experiences.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  4. #164
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    However, the same thing could be said of a woman and her uterus, no? I LIKE men (and their sperm), but maybe I just like them in general...

    The point of relationships isn't about usefulness or functionality (or it isn't ONLY about that), it's about two people building something amazing, resilient, complex, and meaningful together. I think it has more to do with the unique combination of strengths that the two people bring more than roles necessarily.

    Isn't it enough that somebody wants you to be a part of their life?
    Yes, you don't have to need someone, you simply have to want them in your life, because you enjoy them as a person. Or really, that closeness and intimacy is a need in itself.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

  5. #165
    Senior Member Ming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP
    Posts
    491

    Default

    Hmm, though would you believe that 'family' is your ultimate goal? Or 'lover/partner' or something else?

    It seems a lot of people are basing this on family/husbands/wives; not just the opposite sex.

    Just saying...

    Oh yea, and how does it feel like to have a period ? Don't consider me rude or anything, just interested. I mean I'd be hella annoyed if I kept bleeding every month (or roughly?). Women seem to have it a lot harder than men.

    And the messages I get from women, I seem to get them. Easily. I even volunteered to do chores for my mum (I know, I'm a good boy ; You'd be lucky to have me ), though most of the times.. I just feel lazy.

    Messages as in help out, or worrying/asking about their day. I always ask that first, to anyone really. "How was your day?" is the first line I start with. Unless I don't know you. Then it would be 'What's your name?'...I get it when they're annoyed/angry.

    Is it easier when you're a child? Because I don't want to grow up to be a man and be a complete d*ckhead/arsehole.

  6. #166
    Senior Member Ming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP
    Posts
    491

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kiddykat View Post
    How does it feel to have a period?

    Oh... the horror!

    Let's put it this way- I've had my fair share of "Why Me" moments (totally copied that out of the YM Magazine section where girls complained about their period horror stories).

    It feels really awful, especially when you wear white pants and it suddenly starts out of nowhere as it leaks through while you're walking next to your crush and he opens the door for you only to tell you that you have a ... ahem.. stain on your pants? Yeah- that's kinda how mine started in the way beginning ones as a teen.

    On top of that, we get major cramps (I do), and heavy bleeding (which makes me think I must resort to perhaps.. maybe purchasing a box of Depends?)
    Hmm..

    I just find that men whine a lot. That's all ! Not saying that I don't whine as well...

  7. #167
    likes this gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Yes, you don't have to need someone, you simply have to want them in your life, because you enjoy them as a person. Or really, that closeness and intimacy is a need in itself.
    Yeah I think that's waht I was trying to say...
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

  8. #168
    likes this gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    However, the same thing could be said of a woman and her uterus, no? I LIKE men (and their sperm), but maybe I just like them in general...

    The point of relationships isn't about usefulness or functionality (or it isn't ONLY about that), it's about two people building something amazing, resilient, complex, and meaningful together. I think it has more to do with the unique combination of strengths that the two people bring more than roles necessarily.

    Isn't it enough that somebody wants you to be a part of their life?
    Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I wonder if we should ask women the same question...
    Yes maybe you should... I would be interested.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

  9. #169
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    If you see me reading intently, that is not my way of communicating that I wish to chat.

  10. #170
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    This is the sort of thing that I just don't understand about men. I truly wish I could get inside the head of a man for awhile and just really experience what it's like, because I think I'm pretty clueless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    there's really not much to experience
    i think you would be underwhelmed
    You stole my answer.

    But I think he was saying that the drive is hard-wired too, and so someone failing to respond to it is sort of a rejection. That is the framework. He tried, he failed, he's not good enough, he wants to quit. It feels personal.

    With the person being approached, s/he might just think, "Oh, nice guy, but just not interested <for whatever reason>." It's not really a personal rejection per se, but for the person approaching them, it feels like a failed attempt to connect up.

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    If you see me reading intently or staring at a Stanley Cup playoff on the TV in the final three minutes of the last quarter, that is not my way of communicating that I wish to chat.
    Fixed!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Similar Threads

  1. would you make a sexy member of the opposite sex?
    By prplchknz in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-13-2008, 11:40 AM
  2. If you were a member of the opposite sex?
    By heart in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 10:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO