User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

Assuming this isn't subtle trolling, I'm going to just let this speak for itself as my complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    I think sex is pretty much the bottom line for them. They may look for a woman with certain attributes personality-wise and in terms of looks, but the overarching thing of importance in their minds is SEX. My mother should have told me about that. I should have put the hotness factor above everything else in going out with guys when I was single because if sex is so damn important to men I should have looked for the one that I was the most sexually attracted to, gone for a major career effort that would have allowed me to support myself in style, and found some guy who made me want to rip his clothes off. Yea.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I think sex is pretty much the bottom line for them. They may look for a woman with certain attributes personality-wise and in terms of looks, but the overarching thing of importance in their minds is SEX. My mother should have told me about that. I should have put the hotness factor above everything else in going out with guys when I was single because if sex is so damn important to men I should have looked for the one that I was the most sexually attracted to, gone for a major career effort that would have allowed me to support myself in style, and found some guy who made me want to rip his clothes off. Yea.
    If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, and become a cougar?
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

My only complaints about guys:

1. Most of them seem to want to date girls who act more stereotypically "girly", so when they meet a girl who communicates on their wavelength, they get scared away, especially if they're insecure and want to be tougher/smarter than their significant other.

2. The ones who aren't scared away are inevitably too scared to make a move or show that they have feelings for the girl in some other way.

Where is the middle ground???
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Where is the middle ground???
    Date better men.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

^ Can't even get to the dating stage with anybody right now because I have yet to find these "better men" in the immediate area... :ouch:

:smiley_violin:

~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I don't understand why men should feel the need to apologize for desiring the intimacy, validation, and mutual pleasure of sex. Once you properly understand the potential of the sexual experience, anyone who doesn't desire that at some level can safely be considered pathological.
    Nobody said you need to apologize for it.
    Why is it necessary for validation? I don't understand that (seriously).

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Assuming this isn't subtle trolling, I'm going to just let this speak for itself as my complaint.
    I'm not trolling... just expressing how I feel after discovering recently that my husband of 25 years was having an affair.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, and become a cougar?
    I don't want to be a cougar... someone around my age would be great. I just want to be with someone who actually appreciates me and cares about me for a change.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I don't want to be a cougar... someone around my age would be great. I just want to be with someone who actually appreciates me and cares about me for a change.
    That seems to be difficult to get for both sexes unless it's getting taken advantage of.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oberon

Nobody said you need to apologize for it.
    So all that resentment women seem to display about being pursued sexually is just... what, exactly? Your problem?

I'm guessing not.

Why is it necessary for validation? I don't understand that (seriously).
    It's not necessary for validation, but it provides validation when it happens. It tells the man "Yes, you're acceptable. You make the grade." Having one's advances rebuffed, particularly in the framework of a stable relationship, sends the opposite message.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    That seems to be difficult to get for both sexes unless it's getting taken advantage of.
    So you are saying that one can't be loved and appreciated without being taken advantage of in some way? Well, maybe that's true, particularly for people (such as myself) who aren't good at asserting themselves in relationships. Relationships shouldn't have to involve you being on guard a lot to watch out for being taken advantage of, I think. If somebody loves you, they should have your best interests at heart. Maybe I'm just overly idealistic and naive, though.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

So you are saying that one can't be loved and appreciated without being taken advantage of in some way? Well, maybe that's true, particularly for people (such as myself) who aren't good at asserting themselves in relationships. Relationships shouldn't have to involve you being on guard a lot to watch out for being taken advantage of, I think. If somebody loves you, they should have your best interests at heart. Maybe I'm just overly idealistic and naive, though.
    It's more along the lines of if a person isn't appreciated and loved there isn't anything to be taken advantage of. When they are, however, they often seem to milk it for everything it's worth. This doesn't happen ALL the time, but it happens often enough that it almost forms the basis for every relationship issue after that. Remember I'm an Idealist too - just a little too jaded from being walked on when I'm trying to be decent and hated when I don't want to be the mat any more. Shit, and I'm only 27 - I wonder what I'll be like in another 10 years...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]