User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    This thread gives me the impression that many men do not actually like women for much beyond sex....

I can't think of too many complaints about men that would apply universally. I don't tend to surround myself with stereotypical guys though.
    I think you are reading too much into the thread, Orange,

The same things that annoy us are the very things that attract us.

Women- can't live without them, even though sometimes you'd rather.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    That's the one thing that annoys the fuck out of me with dating. It's. So. God. Damn. Forced. You might as well line up 50 random people and start making out with them or asking them millions of inane questions. I just don't understand the need to intentionally seek out a relationship. I will find a relationship with a woman when I find a relationship with a woman.
    That's a good perspective to have.

Any relationship will at least be more organic, less forced... and less likely to be a waste of both people's time.

Still, the biological clock, loneliness, and whatever else sometimes drives the desire to find someone to bond with. We're human, not ethereal spirits; we have a biological body, we're by nature people and animals.

I'm walking through the mall and I see a sexy girl. I'm going to walk up to her and start chatting her up for the purpose of mating? A COMPLETE STRANGER. The odds that I'll give a shit about her? I think I'll pass and find something more reliably interesting and let the girl of my dreams come to me.
    That works, as long as one of the natural female instincts is not for a woman to wait for a guy to seek her out and thus show interest and commitment before she invests her relational energy in him.

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I have learned through experience. It wasn't always easy, in the early days.

Her (with arms full of groceries): "There's a lot more groceries in the car."
    Me (reading fishing magazine): "Aww honey, I'm sorry. You've sure got a lot to do. Why don't you put your feet up when you're done?"
    Her: [AHEM] "I said, THERE'S A LOT MORE GROCERIES IN THE CAR."
    Me (looking up from magazine): "I know, hon. I was expressing sympathy and understanding for your plight."
    Her: [FUME FUME FUME]

...and I wonder why I don't get laid much...
    What? You couldn't read her mind?
    What are you -- a guy or something?

Seriously, dude, though -- as soon as you heard "There's a lot more groceries in the car," you should have been off your ass and heading out to the driveway. Her intent there was really obvious, lol! Stop trying to rationally parse her actual words, of course she doesn't want to have to TELL you what to do.

(my personal opinion, actually, is for something in the middle)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    Please, don't ever ask me out for a romantic candle light dinner in a fancy restaurant. I hate romantic candle light dinners and I hate fancy restaurants. They're like job interviews with lousy and way too expensive food and I hate job interviews and lousy overexpensive food. Don't spend your money on ruining my mood and my respect for you. If you do seriously consider asking me out on a date like that, you can tattoo "I'M BORING!" on your forehead as well, because to me it's the same thing. Be original! I hate spending a whole evening talking, eating, talking, eating, talking and paying (or have someone else pay me) a fortune for this whole talking-eating-talking-etc. thing. If you do want to impress me with a date, impress me with, for example, a date at a paintball center or an amusement park. It's just as expensuve, but way more fun. Then we can at least have a good time and I probably won't go home with a crappy mood.
    Wow... how could high quality free food ruin your day?! I'd go out with a potato if I got free food out if it.

Now to answer the thread: spreading your legs on the bus to air out your balls at the expense of my personal space makes me homicidal.

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Here's a minor gripe.

He comes over.
    I start telling him how depressed I am about something we haven't yet discussed, so it's not like he should be bored at my endless whining. It was a big deal to me, he knew it, he said a few small things as I talked to let me know he was listening (good, good!) and then...

... I pause a moment to gather my thoughts, he looks down and sees a box on the floor that wasn't there the last time, and,

"Oh wow, you got an external hard drive for your computer? When did that come?"

Me, sort of stunned. "Yesterday," I say flatly.

He picks up the box and looks inside.

"It's already plugged into my computer," I note. There it is on my desk, in plain sight.

"What did you want it for?" he asks.

"Backup. And cleaning off my hard drives. They were full, remember?"

The whole time there's a nice lull between his questions and my speech, and I'm talking quietly and flatly. But no change in his response time. He's in love with this goddamned hard drive, right when I was dumping something really big.

He's there on the sofabed with his arm around me, meanwhile I'm stiffened up just staring at my blank TV monitor straight ahead, seeing the dull reflection of us sitting next to each other but feeling like strangers.

I have nothing else to say. I wonder what we might as well do the rest of the night.

After a very prolonged pause, without any other conversation on the drive, he says, "I'm sorry the morning was hard for you. What do you think is going to happen?"

Oh look, he cares after all.
    Nice save, lol!

But just... wow.

I find it funny that I'm more T and he's more F, but I'm quite capable of wanting emotional strokes or at least wanting to see signs he cares, while meanwhile he's very capable of pulling this impersonal "guy" move and missing context.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Now to answer the thread: spreading your legs on the bus to air out your balls at the expense of my personal space makes me homicidal.

What a mental picture!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

This thread gives me the impression that many men do not actually like women for much beyond sex....
    Well the thing about that is that when we see a woman we think is attractive but we don't know them/don't want to know them, then yeah we probably would be interested in them only for sex (unless we actually wanted to be friends with them, then it gets complicated for me at least). So it may seem like that because of that attitude. But plenty of us have strictly platonic friend girls, so we do like women for something besides sex!

I can't think of too many complaints about men that would apply universally. I don't tend to surround myself with stereotypical guys though.
    Yeah same here. People annoy me, not genders. I think that what gave you that impression was that some people who annoyed the people in this thread were women; and they were posting it because they were women.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Wow... how could high quality free food ruin your day?! I'd go out with a potato if I got free food out if it.
    I have a restaurantophobia. Restaurants make me nervous and 9 out of 10 times I hate the food.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think sex is pretty much the bottom line for them. They may look for a woman with certain attributes personality-wise and in terms of looks, but the overarching thing of importance in their minds is SEX. My mother should have told me about that. I should have put the hotness factor above everything else in going out with guys when I was single because if sex is so damn important to men I should have looked for the one that I was the most sexually attracted to, gone for a major career effort that would have allowed me to support myself in style, and found some guy who made me want to rip his clothes off. Yea.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I hate it when women complain that men are just after sex.

We want food too.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Of course I want sex, I just want to be able to have intelligent conversation too since it's harder to get up if I don't have that.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oberon

I don't understand why men should feel the need to apologize for desiring the intimacy, validation, and mutual pleasure of sex. Once you properly understand the potential of the sexual experience, anyone who doesn't desire that at some level can safely be considered pathological.