User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    To put things into perspective....

OK then, how about YOU work up the courage to ask out that guy that gets you all flustered.

And then, (if he's said yes) get all worked up about trying to think of something fun to do. And, not knowing him super well, you decide to go out for something to eat b/c you have no idea what kind of date experience he might enjoy and everyone has to eat right.

Then once you get there, try to think of interesting things to say that might entice said dude. But, not trusting your intuition, you just decide to start asking them questions about themselves (b/c everyone likes to talk about themselves).

This is what its like to be a guy...

It's funny how girls sometimes complain about guys putting an effort into trying have a good time.

If it was me, I'd just be excited to have a girl interested.

Nice.

Although I do agree with her (I hate dinner dates), sometimes it's the safe thing to do until you get a good idea what she's into.

Unless the girl has some crazy allergies, I usually like to do something outdoors, especially when it's nice. I love dates that are active; you either grab some food in the process or have it with you, and you spend the time actively engaged with each other and your surroundings.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Thanks for this, Zenmaster
    I have learned through experience. It wasn't always easy, in the early days.

Her (with arms full of groceries): "There's a lot more groceries in the car."
    Me (reading fishing magazine): "Aww honey, I'm sorry. You've sure got a lot to do. Why don't you put your feet up when you're done?"
    Her: [AHEM] "I said, THERE'S A LOT MORE GROCERIES IN THE CAR."
    Me (looking up from magazine): "I know, hon. I was expressing sympathy and understanding for your plight."
    Her: [FUME FUME FUME]

...and I wonder why I don't get laid much...

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post

Me (reading fishing magazine): "Aww honey, I'm sorry. You've sure got a lot to do. Why don't you put your feet up when you're done?"
    Me (looking up from magazine): "I know, hon. I was expressing sympathy and understanding for your plight."

You weren't reading that Mars/Venus book were you? That sounds like something straight outta there

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Nice.

Although I do agree with her (I hate dinner dates), sometimes it's the safe thing to do until you get a good idea what she's into.

Unless the girl has some crazy allergies, I usually like to do something outdoors, especially when it's nice. I love dates that are active; you either grab some food in the process or have it with you, and you spend the time actively engaged with each other and your surroundings.
    What I was basically trying to get at was that we're trying, and we like you.

And that should be what counts.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post

haha omg...are you serious! that.is.ridiculous.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    haha omg...are you serious! that.is.ridiculous.
    No, of course I'm not serious! I was writing for laughs.

It may come as a shock, but I do that sometimes.

MBTI
    INTJ

What I was basically trying to get at was that we're trying, and we like you.

And that should be what counts.
    I got that- that's what sparked "Nice" comment.

The rest was trying to see from her side as well, although I'd hope she'd learn to see it from the angle you have stated.

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    They are if you're able to trap your SO under the covers and make them smell them. I always laugh at that one.
    Lol, that IS fun!

To put things into perspective....

OK then, how about YOU work up the courage to ask out that guy that gets you all flustered.

And then, (if he's said yes) get all worked up about trying to think of something fun to do. And, not knowing him super well, you decide to go out for something to eat b/c you have no idea what kind of date experience he might enjoy and everyone has to eat right.

Then once you get there, try to think of interesting things to say that might entice said dude. But, not trusting your intuition, you just decide to start asking them questions about themselves (b/c everyone likes to talk about themselves).

This is what its like to be a guy...

It's funny how girls sometimes complain about guys putting an effort into trying have a good time.

If it was me, I'd just be excited to have a girl interested.
    [serious]In job interviews, like in dates there's always this point where you've got the necessities out of the way, you are confident you've got the job, and you can focus on getting to know each other. That part makes job interviews and dates fun and exciting.[/serious]
    (removed)

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I got that- that's what sparked "Nice" comment.

The rest was trying to see from her side as well, although I'd hope she'd learn to see it from the angle you have stated.
    Yea definitely, there are 2 sides to every coin.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

1) Continuously going back to the same jerk over and over again even after you complain to me how he's constantly treating you like crap. Move on honey, you're better than this guy!

2) Not all women do this, but the ones who ask, "Why do all men lie?". We all don't, you just happen to keep picking lying shitbags over and over again.

3) Woman who ask me for my opinion on something and then summarily dismiss it (What dress should you wear, what movie should we see, what music do you want to listen too, etc..). I mean, I can put up with it for a long long time but after a while I'm going to start to wonder why I should bother to exert the effort to answer you if you're not going to listen to me anyway.

4) Women who tell me how fat/ugly/worthless/whatever they are. You ladies can be unbelievably hard on yourselves and often times it's entirely unjustified. If you're unhappy with something about yourself, try to change it rather than just sit there and tear yourself down (and I'll support you the whole time ). Your brutality toward yourself is only going to bring me down and turn me off. STOP IT!
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson