User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Results 91 to 100 of 172

  1. #91
    ..... Intricate Mystic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And there are all those ridiculous positions.
    Yea, that, too. A little variety is fine but some take that whole concept to extremes.

  2. #92
    figsfiggyfigs
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    Men offer complicated solutions to problems, when we (women) just want men to listen and sympathize.

    Woman: "I was at work today and..." blah, blah, blah, blah, blah --bad stuff happening--

    What women REALLY want men to say and do instead of offer a bunch of complicated solutions:
    Perfect Man: "awww.. babycakes, that sounds terrible, I know it's tough." --lip lock--

    ...see how simple that was? Now all is well.
    hmmm.... as much as it's great for a man to empathize, I really do appreciate it when they give me advice.

    how ever, if I'm really upset, I just want to be comforted.

    ohhhh double standards.... LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    They are if you're able to trap your SO under the covers and make them smell them. I always laugh at that one.

    groossssssss

  3. #93
    A window to the soul
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    They just want you to listen. Believe me. They don't want solutions, just someone to hear their sorrow.

    Am I right girls?
    Indeed. Tis usually the case. <3
    (especially when we're stressed)

    Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    hmmm.... as much as it's great for a man to empathize, I really do appreciate it when they give me advice.

    how ever, if I'm really upset, I just want to be comforted.

    ohhhh double standards.... LOL
    I totally agree with you on this!

  4. #94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    groossssssss
    Puts trap You're Wrong beneath some covers on the to do list.

  5. #95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    Yea, that, too. A little variety is fine but some take that whole concept to extremes.
    No, no, no.

    Dont take the athletic challenge out of life! There'd be no reason for first year medical interns in emergency rooms to make up acronyms like SRI - Sex Related Injury!


  6. #96
    likes this gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    They just want you to listen. Believe me. They don't want solutions, just someone to hear their sorrow.

    Am I right girls?
    I dunno... if I'm talking about a problem, it's usually because I want some help figuring out how to proceed. Some problems, I suppose, have no solution, though, like death...
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

  7. #97

    Default

    Girls dont like guys, Girls like Cars and Money!!!

  8. #98
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    But the job interview thing is my experience. It's also the only thing most guys I know are willing to do for a date. Boooring.
    To put things into perspective....

    OK then, how about YOU work up the courage to ask out that guy that gets you all flustered.

    And then, (if he's said yes) get all worked up about trying to think of something fun to do. And, not knowing him super well, you decide to go out for something to eat b/c you have no idea what kind of date experience he might enjoy and everyone has to eat right.

    Then once you get there, try to think of interesting things to say that might entice said dude. But, not trusting your intuition, you just decide to start asking them questions about themselves (b/c everyone likes to talk about themselves).

    This is what its like to be a guy...

    It's funny how girls sometimes complain about guys putting an effort into trying have a good time.

    If it was me, I'd just be excited to have a girl interested.

  9. #99
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    In my experience, you have to use a little judgment to tell when the description of a problem is a plea for sympathy, or a request for help. Usually, with careful attention, you can tell the difference.

    For example, "The kids were just impossible today. I was ready to send them both off to boarding school" is properly understood as a request for sympathy.

    However, "Oh my god, my sleeve is on fire!" is best interpreted as an invitation to apply your problem-solving skills.

    The perceptive male partner will find that, with practice, it will become easier to make the proper choice when these occasions arise.

  10. #100
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    In my experience, you have to use a little judgment to tell when the description of a problem is a plea for sympathy, or a request for help. Usually, with careful attention, you can tell the difference.

    For example, "The kids were just impossible today. I was ready to send them both off to boarding school" is properly understood as a request for sympathy.

    However, "Oh my god, my sleeve is on fire!" is best interpreted as an invitation to apply your problem-solving skills.

    The perceptive male partner will find that, with practice, it will become easier to make the proper choice when these occasions arise.
    Thanks for this, Zenmaster

Similar Threads

  1. would you make a sexy member of the opposite sex?
    By prplchknz in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12-13-2008, 11:40 AM
  2. If you were a member of the opposite sex?
    By heart in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 10:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO