User Tag List

First 614151617182666116 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Starting tomorrow i'll be gone for the next 2 weeks. I will be visiting my mother, 2 of my sisters and 1 of my brothers as well as my grandparents in Arkansas. I'll see you all then.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

have fun scanty!!! we'll miss you!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

See ya Scantily!

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

I leave at 14:45 PDT from San Diego today, and I should be leaving the US about 6 or so hours after that (I have a transfer in Los Angeles). I will not be back home until May 6th around 21:40 PDT, though I'll probably be pretty beat at that point. Internet access availability and reliability while in Riyadh is unknown, though it will likely be censored and may also be monitored.

I have Tor in hopes that it'll work, but who knows how reliable it might be. Apparently packet loss is often a major problem in that part of the world, so tunneling is often near-impossible or at least highly unreliable.

Varelse: I hope you pop on before I leave (should get to the airport around 12:00 PDT, and there is wifi there, so I'll be on once I make it through everything I need to do).
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

I didn't find wifi that wasn't expensive in the international terminal in Los Angeles, though I was on in San Diego until shortly before I took off.

There was none available anywhere else that wasn't expensive like in Los Angeles, so I didn't get on, then there was nothing once I made it to Riyadh and the hotel, which doesn't have internet access for guests at all.

This is my exact location when I'm there: 24.92369N, 046.71228E

Right now I'm at our office in Riyadh, which is at the following location: 24.74947N, 046.64012E

My time zone is +3, so shift for your time zone to guess when I might be on (daytime here, ~10/11 to ~20/21, with a big space in the middle, which is middle-eastern managerial/salaried/etc hours...only the working class does 8-5 here).

The internet connection is really slow and unreliable here, so I'll be signing off soon. Hope you're all well.

Peace be with you,
    Eric

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Since few probably know they can do this...

Hotel

Office

We have specially-trained drivers and special SUVs provided by our sponsor that transport us about in the country. I took these shots while we were having a whirlwind tour of the town yesterday evening:
    Kingdom Tower:

Al Faisaliyah Tower:

Enjoy.

MBTI
    ENFj

WOW!!! Those buildings are beautiful.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

I'm still in Saudi Arabia. No more good pictures of the trip because it's not really a good idea to take a lot of touristy pictures here for a number of reasons... Just got back from the mall after only buying one thing - some perfume in a neat bottle for mum. I'm bringing back all the coins and bills I can land around the hotel, too, since dad is into collecting such things (he's also getting my 500 Saudi Riyal (SR) bill when I get there, which is worth $133.32). I have a comically-valuable half-dinar coin from Bahrain ($1.32) that the guy behind the desk just gave me (OMG! It's worth 5 saudi riyals, and I offered to pay him for it, but his math wasn't too good and he was like "take it, it's too much work to get the ones we almost never see converted"...and I'm thinking..."this coin is worth over a dollar, which is at least four riyal...well, dad will dig it"), 1 UAE Dirham, 1 Franc he had sitting in a drawer, and a few riyals worth of .50, .25, and .10 riyal coins (13, 6.5, and 3.25 cents, respectively), half of which he just flat gave me because they don't even bother with them (and they had been sitting in his drawer for some time as a result). These silly 5-star hotels always round up and never give change that includes coins...

Anyhow, I'm flying back tonight. I might hit the gift shop, but I don't think they have a shemak (sp?), ehgall, or thobe available here. I really wanted a set, too.

Talk to you all again either in Zurich or once I'm back home tomorrow evening.

To Varelse:

MBTI
    INFJ

Where's Oberon? I miss that guy.

Jae Rae
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Back in the US, in case nobody noticed.

I'll be out of town from mid-day tomorrow until Wednesday next week. I should have reliable internet access, but I'll rarely be about, especially on Tuesday.