INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post

You'll be missed, Lane.
    AAaaawwww, this made me

Thanks Viridian!

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    I barely know you. The Avatar is how I've identified you for so long.
    Your comment came off blunt and sarcastic to me, but I know now that wasn't your intention - I just misread you. No hard feelings here Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Why are you leaving?

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by lane777 View Post
    In case anyone's interested, this is my last day here. Thanks to everyone for all your insight and understanding. Missing this place already...

Take care everybody

Why on earth do you have to leave Lane? And why are you leaving?

Gosh it sucks when forum members leave. And I've known you for almost 3 years and only from the forum.

Sigh!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Why are you leaving?
    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post

Why on earth do you have to leave Lane? And why are you leaving?

Gosh it sucks when forum members leave. And I've known you for almost 3 years and only from the forum.

Sigh!
    Well so much for that being my last day! In answer to the question, it's a combination of things really. Feeling dissatisfied with internet relations, miscommunication and thread redundancies. I'm sure you both weren't looking for the extended answer, but I wouldn't mind getting some feedback on this from anybody - if anyone relates...

So the main reason for my leaving, is the nature of internet relations. I'm not the kind of person that cares to keep casual relationships - it's either all or nothing. I've always known this about myself. So when I originally joined the forum I had no intention of getting to know anybody, I just wanted to discuss psychology. But my natural inclination to get personal kicked in and I very gradually ended up getting pretty close to some of the people here. And then some of those people left and the loss I felt made me realize how attached I had become to them. I don't care to put myself through that over and over again by staying here. And besides that, I always felt cheated of the intimacy that only IRL interactions can provide. Still, I felt close enough to some of the people here to really care when they left. Basically, whether they stay or go, I'm left feeling a loss.

And one of the lesser reasons being, miscommunication. I couldn't explain it better than 21%:

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    I know this sounds stupid, but Ni + Fe is programmed to take into account all non-verbal signs as well, which includes tone of voice, choice of words, conversation flow, length of conversation, time of conversation, what you talked about in the last conversation, yes, everything, to make sure they understand all there is to understand. Taking things literally is very unnatural and a very foreign concept for INFJs.
    She left out body language, only because over the phone communication was the topic at hand. Anyway, online interaction is so awkard and unnatural for me I have to wonder how long your average INFJ lasts here and if they do - how they cope. I'm so accustomed to easily understanding people IRL that I literally feel socially retarded when I'm online. When INFJs talk about the relief they experience through this forum... I sort of agree; interacting with fellow INFJs is validating - and of course having those crazy ENTPs understand us seemingly without effort is incredibly affecting. Yet I'm conflicted, because online communication forces me to sacrifice my natural mode of communication. Online interaction for me is so straining I've often signed off feeling drained. So while I do find relief in being understood, I feel depleted at the same time for having to communicate in a "foreign language." And the result of that is grave misunderstandings, perceiving insult where none was intended, or obsessing over how I might have offended someone else.

As for thread redundancies, I doubt that needs explaining.

I'm sure to most people here this is just melodrama *sigh* but it's how I honestly feel.
    To die would be an awfully big adventure - Peter Pan

INFJ ~ 4w5 sp/sx ~ RLOAI ~ Inclusion e/w=1/0 (Melancholy Compulsive) Control: e/w=0/6 (Supine) Affection: e/w=4/0 (Phlegmatic Melancholy)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I get that. Just wanted you to know that you'll be missed!

Senior Member Array Digital Demi-Fiend's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3

It's been a great 4 years, but I have a lot going on nowadays and I can't really afford to spend all of my free time here if I wanna get any of it done. Priorities and all... That said, I'll miss you guys. Sincerely.

@prplchknz, @Magic Poriferan, @Rainbows (if you ever get this), Message me your phone numbers on Facebook. I'm not current and I have most peoples numbers I'd like to keep contact with already. Word of warning, I won't be on there as much, but at least I will be checking there. I'll not be replying to any PM's or visitor messages after this post.

@YWIR, @Marmie Dearest, @The Ü Take care of yourselves. @Ginkgo, I blocked you so you don't metaphorically dance on my grave, also take care of yourself.

Best of luck to the rest of you and all of your future endeavors and don't let life kick your ass.

Goodbye.

P.S. I have the most posts in this thread by 25 posts. Ain't that funny? Not in the haha way though.

Ginkgo

It's been a great 4 years, but I have a lot going on nowadays and I can't really afford to spend all of my free time here if I wanna get any of it done. Priorities and all... That said, I'll miss you guys. Sincerely.

@prplchknz, @Magic Poriferan, @Rainbows (if you ever get this), Message me your phone numbers on Facebook. I'm not current and I have most peoples numbers I'd like to keep contact with already. Word of warning, I won't be on there as much, but at least I will be checking there. I'll not be replying to any PM's or visitor messages after this post.

@YWIR, @Marmie Dearest, @The Ü Take care of yourselves. @Ginkgo, I blocked you so you don't metaphorically dance on my grave, also take care of yourself.

Best of luck to the rest of you and all of your future endeavors and don't let life kick your ass.

Goodbye.

P.S. I have the most posts in this thread by 25 posts. Ain't that funny? Not in the haha way though.
    You definitely understand me as opposed to what I said earlier.

If this is truly your leave then I wish you and your close ones best of luck.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

@<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=360" target="_blank">prplchknz</a> , @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=1449" target="_blank">Magic Poriferan</a> , @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=6163" target="_blank">Rainbows</a> (if you ever get this), Message me your phone numbers on Facebook. I'm not current and I have most peoples numbers I'd like to keep contact with already. Word of warning, I won't be on there as much, but at least I will be checking there. I'll not be replying to any PM's or visitor messages after this post.

@<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=9602" target="_blank">YWIR</a> , @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=6877" target="_blank">Marmie Dearest</a> , @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=294" target="_blank">The Ü</a> Take care of yourselves. @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=8031" target="_blank">Ginkgo</a> , I blocked you so you don't metaphorically dance on my grave, also take care of yourself.

Goodbye.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Goodbye.

Farewell, sir. Hope you find greener pastures.

MBTI
    yupp

thanks virdian I had no clue he had left.
    Perfectly robust chickens
    Run laps a lot
    Pee on the garden
    Leap over fences
    Cock is a word for rooster
    Hen is a type of chicken?
    Kit kats are good
    Nice chickens don't belong in the
    Zoo
    ~@magpie