Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    So, how does each function work in relation to the box? Does it think inside the box? Outside the box? Does it forgo thinking and destroy the box for the lulz? let's find out!

Si: Stays stubbornly inside the box. It plugs its ears and shouts LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU if you so much as mention there's something outside of it.

Se: Starts feeling up the box, taking in every nook and cranny. The jury is out on whether or not it then fucks the box.

Ni: Pokes its head out of the box, peers around, and then promptly gets out and starts walking towards the next box 5 miles away.

Ne: Steps outside the box, hacks it to bits, and then builds a cylinder out of it.

Ti: Gets curious about the box, gets a book, and spends the next few hours finding out that the box is made of wood, it is a 4x4x4 cube, and the air inside it is 73% nitrogen, 20% oxygen, and 6% argon.

Te: Starts shouting at the box for being too small.

Fi: Cries because it can't fit inside the box.

Fe: Feels bad for the box being too small, gets some wood, and enlarges it so it'll feel better.

So, did my analysis hit the spot? Comments? Suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by phthalocyanine View Post
    Fi wants not to fit inside the box but to construct its own box; a better box!
    maybe a hexagonal box... a deep box.. a mysterious box..
    i would say Fi would like to send the box off to be recycled or somethin. look how much unproductive crap and red tape it caused. it just became one more obstacle for the functions to overcome.

i'm goin with wolfy on this one
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by phthalocyanine View Post
    Fi wants not to fit inside the box but to construct its own box; a better box!
    maybe a hexagonal box... a deep box.. a mysterious box..
    you'd prolly just be really sad about it and someone will notice and build one for you lol =)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Fi decides the box is not as valuable as what is outside the box because the box is confining & does not suit Fi's needs.

For the gazillionth time, Feeling in MBTI does not equal emotion.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ISTP

Te: Considers the most efficient way to use the box.
    Si: Goes inside the box to think.

MBTI
    ENTP

Ne: *hits its head repeatedly on the walls of the box*
    Ti: There is something wrong.
    Fe: Stop doing that, people will look strange.
    Si: It's much better here inside the box.
    Ne: There is a BOX?!
    Ti: So that's why you're hitting your head, you didn't notice the box!
    Ne: Give me that cutter.
    Si: No way.
    Ne: *grabs a screwdriver and cuts his way out of the box, never noticing he's not using a cutter*
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Fi decides the box is not as valuable as what is outside the box because the box is confining & does not suit Fi's needs.

For the gazillionth time, Feeling in MBTI does not equal emotion.
    Oh no?

Fi filters information based on interpretations of worth, forming judgments according to criteria that are often intangible. Fi constantly balances an internal set of values such as harmony and authenticity. Attuned to subtle distinctions, Fi innately senses what is true and what is false in a situation.With Fi as their dominant function, INFPs live primarily in a rich inner world of emotion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Si - makes sure of the box's condition and fixes the irregularities and any other threat posing it.

Ni - Dreams either to develop or destroy the box.

Ne - Wanders away without the box.

Se - envelops the box in a sensual flux.

Fe - Paints the box's color depending on mood.

Fi - Creates a price tag for the box.

Ti - Tries to understand the box 100%.

Te - Closes, opens, adjusts, and moves the box.

I hope none of mine are insulting.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

What's wrong with you? If it's not insulting it's not funny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    What's wrong with you? If it's not insulting it's not funny.
    Well...I'm prone to unknowingly insult people and have learned to control my self. I usually laugh at ideas and not at the conditions of wo/men.

So as I understand, insults comes in different levels? Funny and Hurtful? Here it is: I have no control.

Plus, I'm a very sensitive person. (oh dear).

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Ne- doesn't really notice that there is a box past the first glance... spends the rest of the time pondering if you could combine the DNAs of Komodo Dragons and volcanos (there's got to be some cool way to develop volcano DNA!) and pteradactyls in order to create flying, man toasting dragons... dies of starvation because they forget to eat

Ni- is convinced that they are in the box for a certain reason... they can't tell you that reason, however, because if they told you they might have to share their box with you as well

Se- looks at the box, sniffs the box, maybe even licks the box... gets bored... kicks the box and the wall falls off... rips the box apart and throws/kicks the pieces of it for a bit until bored... goes off to hit on/play with another function

Si- recalls instance in childhood where older cousins stuffed him/her in a box on Christmas day... tipping the box over popped it open then, it should also work now... does exactly that and escapes the box... goes fishing, because s/he went fishing with those cousins all the time as kids, and remembered enjoying that

Te- plots a mission called "Operation Escape Box"... draws plans on the box wall for exactly how they intend to carry out this manuever, gets pissed off because there is no cache of weapons available for their assult on the box and kicks the wall in annoyance... wall falls off and Te declares VB day

Fe- feels lonely all alone in the box, is not quite sure if they should feel lonely or not though, since there's no one else there to read indications off of... tries to talk to people outside of the box... annoys Te, who kicks the box over trying to make Fe shut up... Fe escapes and is happy to be with the other escapees... eventually feels kind of sorry for those still in boxes and goes around to open them

Ti- examines box, looking for structurally weak points, finds one and gives it a tap, the box falls apart... Ti then examines the box out of curiosity of how to design a better box without that flaw

Fi- is happy to finally find somewhere safe to introspect without some horrible "fake" Fe person tormenting them... is enjoying themself quite a bit in their peaceful meditation box when Fe comes around and opens it... lashes out at Fe

there... everyone gets insulted
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett