User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Here's a common theme in my dreams: I need to take public transportation (bus, airplane, train, metro) to get somewhere, and it never goes smoothly. Sometimes I miss the bus, sometimes I get off at the wrong stop, or get on the wrong bus, or end up getting lost somehow. Sometimes I make it to my destination, and sometimes I don't.

...now that I think of it, this also happens with elevators (getting on the wrong elevator, having the elevator not stop on my floor, getting stuck at some other floor, etc.).

What do you think?
    I have similar ones, or ones that involve trying to get to a class or opera performance (I was in opera in college), and I'm totally lost or unprepared.

I always chalk it up to feeling like the expectations of others on your level of performance are inadequate, and my mind's rehearsing how to find my way back to competency. Or something like that.
    I think I think more than you think I think.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Here's a common theme in my dreams: I need to take public transportation (bus, airplane, train, metro) to get somewhere, and it never goes smoothly. Sometimes I miss the bus, sometimes I get off at the wrong stop, or get on the wrong bus, or end up getting lost somehow. Sometimes I make it to my destination, and sometimes I don't.

...now that I think of it, this also happens with elevators (getting on the wrong elevator, having the elevator not stop on my floor, getting stuck at some other floor, etc.).

What do you think?
    How do you feel during the dreams? Frustrated?

It seems to be about feeling at a loss and out of control, as though your objectives are constantly frustrated by variables beyond your realm of influence. You want to go somewhere, but do not have the tools to do so, or you make mistakes, or the "system" is unpredictable. It is interesting that sometimes you reach the destination but sometimes do not. Perhaps a useful exercise would be to record every time you have the dream and the things that are on your mind before and after the dream.

If I wake up from a dream with a sense of significance, then I take it as my brain/soul/whatever telling me to pay attention to a particular feeling or circumstance in RL because there's something going on that I'm not recognizing or giving proper attention. I look at the imagery in the dream and try to see what they could be point toward in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    Ok, here's a recurring theme (which has variations, but these are the common elements):

I'm walking through a house that's apparently mine, with lots of (changing) rooms, my family is here and there throughout, and then, all of a sudden, I either give painless birth to a completely unexpected baby or (weirder) discover a baby that's supposed to be mine stuck up on a shelf in a tupperware full of water. I yank the baby out of the water, while totally confused, and then it starts sputtering and crying. And I'm too afraid to tell anyone I've found it, because I can't explain where on earth it came from, or why the hell I'd left it in a container of water.

Explain!
    Okay... let's see... the house/family is your past, the parts of yourself with which you are familiar, i.e. where you've come from. The baby represents change, a reinvention of self. You feel yourself changing and are struggling to reconcile the "new" perspectives with the "old." The tupperware baby feels less natural to you than the live birth one, but neither feels natural or normal, because you were not expecting this baby to be born, but there it is.

I had a dream in college that I had a baby and that my roommates watched it so that I could go to class/finish my degree. I was scared what I would do but felt so grateful that I had such good friends who would care for me like that.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyGrass View Post
    I have similar ones, or ones that involve trying to get to a class or opera performance (I was in opera in college), and I'm totally lost or unprepared.

I always chalk it up to feeling like the expectations of others on your level of performance are inadequate, and my mind's rehearsing how to find my way back to competency. Or something like that.
    Cool! You should post some interpretations of some of the dreams too...

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I suppose there's no hope for someone who dreams of eating tootsie rolls and then dreams that the best type of tootsie roll pop would combine a cherry jolly rancher exterior with the tootsie roll interior
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I suppose there's no hope for someone who dreams of eating tootsie rolls and then dreams that the best type of tootsie roll pop would combine a cherry jolly rancher exterior with the tootsie roll interior
    Nope. No hope for you, my friend.

Actually I hate the dreams where I'm about to eat something so tasty like some cotton candy and then MY ALARM GOES OFF. Ugh. Then even if you hit snooze probably you can't go back to the cotton candy dream...

I wonder (to use this ole functional language we've got going here) if there aren't N dreams and S dreams. Dreams that are just fun and pretty random, without a huge sense of SIGNIFICANCE, maybe those are the S dreams. When you feel a strong emotion or just a feeling of meaning in association with the dream, those are the N ones, and those are the kind when I look for symbolism and stuff. Maybe I'm falling into the old S = simple N = complex and fascinating mindset, but maybe not.

I definitely have both kinds of dreams.

I also think that dreams are like de-frag time for the brain. Like a lot of it is just consolidating data/memory/information, and I imagine just a lot of random stuff gets churned up to the surface during this process. Usually we aren't aware of it at all, because we can't remember it when we wake up. Sometimes something that hits at an emotional tender spot gets churned up, maybe that is so intense that it wakes us up and that is why remember it, because the defrag process has been disrupted. Other times we just wake up in the middle of some random stuff and then it just doesn't mean much at all.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I generally have really weird twisted dreams, but on happy nights I dream about nice things like laying on a blanket in the park or eating something delicious

generally the good ones get interrupted and the bad ones don't

Normally someone truly evil like Hitler is after me on most nights, I might not see him, but I know he's there and that in the end he (or a minion) will probably get me no matter what I do, but I try to escape him nonetheless :horor:
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

I have one dream which has recurred several times over, each time gradually expanding to encompass more stuff.

I know part of whot it means but not all as not all has yet been revealed. In time, maybe I'll get the whole thing. Anyways... the dream is:

I'm leaping across large stones floating in space, there's like galaxies, stars, etc all around. These stones are like large floating platforms with a minor sway when landed upon, so not totally 100% secure. There's a large number of them out there anyways.

I am in the shape/form of some creature, it's nothing quite on earth but it does have four legs and vaguely resembles somewheres in between a fox/cat/wolf somewheres around there; I don't have any features, fur, etc, but seem to be made of a blue-white energy that traces the outlines instead. Definately mammilian looking but not natural by any means.

There is no conscious thought in the manner we associate with thought; no reasoning, no memories, no rationalization. It's pure absolute conscious stream of thought with no limitations nor restrictions. There's no emotions, no memories, nothing to taint it. Just freely roaming mind with nothing to distract me. There is, however, a mild form of contentment; not strong pleasure, not even quite happy, just... content.

There is another with me, of the same type of species of whotever it is I am, we are leaping across different trails of the floating stones nearby each other, but not quite in reach. It looks like later on it may be possible to reach them but not yet. There's alot more leaps in the way, many more platforms to jump to still.

I notice as I look around, that the stones are in fact orbiting a city of brass which is floating upon a single particularly large stone. I don't know if anyone is in the city, but I do know for some reason I either do not want to be there, or am not allowed there. I do not attempt to go there in any case, nor am I aware of any path on the stones that would bring me close enough to reach it. I'm not entirely certain if I'm forbidden, banned, or whot, but I can't go there, nor do I particularly want to for some reason.

That's whot I have so far, each paragraph section is the information I have as I've gained it. Each time it shows a bit more, but not quite everything's revealed yet, and won't be for some time I imagine.

The one thing I neglected to mention from that, is that I am dead. That is my afterlife. Perhaps I'm there now and this is the dream in between lucid moments. Regardless, that is where I know I'll go when I die eventually. Past that, I'm not 100% sure whot each of the different things means. I have my own ideas, but I'd like to hear yeur explanation first on such matters.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I had a nightmare again:

I came home and went upstairs. There I discovered that my cousin was murdered. Her head was cut off and it was lying next to my father's desk. Her hand was lying by the stairs and her leg was in my bedroom. The rest of her body was gone. The whole floor was covered in blood. I wanted to call the police, but then my father came home. I told him I wanted to call the police, but he warned me that they'd know that I killed my cousin (even though I wasn't the one who murdered her). He wanted me to pick up the body parts and burry them in the back yard. Then my mother came home. I told her I wanted to call the police because my cousin was murdered and cut in pieces and my father told her that he wanted me to burry all the body parts in the backyard. My mother told us not to burry the body parts and not to call the police, because then the police would know I did it (even though I didn't kill my cousin. She told me to put the body parts in the freezer. I did that. Then we went to a party with a lot of Surinamese people, where we ate a lot of roti (the people were nice, the roti was yummy). My father got drunk and told everybody that I killed my cousin. I ran away and discovered that there was a party at my house. All the people I hate were there. They all graduated. I went inside and discovered that I graduated as well. I looked outside and saw that there was a beach outside. There was a railway station there and a lot of other people came out of the train that just stopped there. These people went to my house to celebrate their graduation. When I opened the refrigerator to get everyone a drink, my cousin's missing body parts fell out of it.

Then I woke up.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Couple of nights ago, I dreamed I was in a charter bus with the governor and a bunch of other people riding down Route 10. Megan Fox was the driver. At one point she put the bus on autopilot, and made out with me. Then she said my breath stank.

That's all I remember.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole