User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 127

  1. #11
    Reptilian Snuggletron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    10
    Posts
    2,233

    Question

    usually don't whore off in these kinds of threads too much but since I'm recording dreams as of late I figure I can drop off a little TL;DR for you guys if you want to read some of it

    Quote Originally Posted by me
    April 9, 2010

    I had to go to class but for some reason needed some carbonated water so I ran up the main road in snow in the dim of evening to a 7-11 store. Almost as soon as I got in some woman drove through the doors and crashed into the counter stand in the middle. She got out but no one was shaken up about it for longer than 10 seconds. There was another woman in there and the clerk looked kind of like a real life version of Mario or Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force. He ran a taxi business and someone needed a ride to a city nearby. I had like 10 minutes to get to class but instead I went with them.

    The dream transitions into a moving van on some sort of bridge/overpass on some water in broad clear daylight. The woman and other girl in the van are talking about their young son/brother who had written some kind of poem really well (she read it off to me but I can't remember the exact words, I think one was 'revelation') and they were debating whether or not he should pursue writing or enter some contest or focus on this other activity he was doing (some sport). I remember the older woman said "well, you can be a pianist and still learn to fire a gun". lol wut

    soon I saw the city's skyscrapers in the distance. The bridge/road we were on was wayy above sea level now, like half-way up the length of the skyscrapers. The clerk guy who was driving didn't stop when it suddenly broke off and we fell all the way down to floor level of the city. No one got hurt or seemed to notice. As we begin driving a bit slower there's dead plants and cars and rubble everywhere. The city is empty. There are these strange metallic orbs floating around in packs throughout the streets. And balloons of various colors.

    In a flash We're in some kind of suburban square, surrounded by boarded up and broken houses. There are balloons everywhere with '30 days of' written on them in this dark red ink. Now I feel like I'm in a nuclear family with the clerk as my father the woman who crashed her car as my mother, and the other girl as my sister, who now appears like 30 years younger. I walk around the roofed decks of the houses but can't see into the windows. The woman/mom calls us into a little alcove to "gather our thoughts" Once inside I notice the girl sits next to a loaded RPG.

    That's pretty much it. I kept waking up and had the dream at least twice, there was some variation the first time where I had walked to the 7-11 and there was a group of bickering teenaged kids getting into a car instead of the woman crashing.
    April 10, 2010

    had a dream my old laptop started working and I was pulling all these awesome files off of it before it died again.
    April 11, 2010

    1. I am in my brother's apartment somewhere in another town. I'm supposed to kill two of his room mates. As he's sitting on a recliner watching TV, I go into another room and then upstairs. I enter this bedroom with a large blinded window on the opposite side and a bed pushed up against it. I see the two men I have been sent to kill, they're kind of cartoonish in resemblance...one of them sort of looks like the recurring villain from the smurfs, the other is like an assistant of some sort. They begin to contest and argue me being there, but I quickly kill them off by stabbing them through their chests.

    After this, I realize I'm supposed to burn down the evidence to make it look like some sort fire happened (lol makes no sense). I go downstairs briefly to notice my brother still sitting there happily watching TV shows. I return with a lighter and some sort of flammable liquid. I make three small flames on the bed and then douse it with the liquid (in that order) and the flames begin to grow rapidly. I leave and shut the door. Within moments, another room mate who happens to be a friend I've known rushes over to the room and I rush up and open the door and act surprised. I can feel the intense heat of the flames so I back away quickly, At that point I think my friend cloned into a longer haired version of himself and a shorter haired version. The long haired version tried to extinguish the flames and then rushed back to his room and closed the door. The other was carrying his dog and must have gotten a face full of hot air because he yelled and then I saw him scrunching up his face for a long time.

    2. I'm in some sort of classroom. I'm being ridiculed on how much I'm slacking off by another student. Teacher lets us out and I see this girl I like. I talk to her, and she's mentioning how she needs to get her car fixed/get a new car as we're gliding down this tall zig-zag stairway like a box would do if you sat in it. We reach the bottom and I exit the building, which on the outside looks like a big movie theater. It's cold and dark and there's snow on the ground. I wait for the girl to come out of the building but she never does.

    I go around the street to see tons of people around these vans and buses of nonuniform variety. Within the crowd I see the girl and she's now turning away and ignoring me, but I don't pay her any more mind. Everyone is gathering up to go somewhere, and I am directed by a man to get on one charter/tour bus which is stuffed with people, and I am scared. Turns out all the people from that mtv show with Bam Margera are on there, in addition to regular people. I walk down the aisle and shake hands with Bam for some reason. Since the bus is so crowded, I'm forced to sit on the aisle floor near the front in between some boy and an older woman. I cannot see out of the front, instead there's just a wall.

    Soon I realize it's morning time and I'm in front right next to the bus door. We pull into some field and park and everyone gets off like it's some kind of field trip. The old bus driver makes some statement about how I was in the front all along, which I correct him on. For some reason he won't accept it and begins to argue. After a short period of time I become very agitated and begin to curse him out. The yelling gets worse and so I walk up and start throwing him around with these suplex-like moves, and suddenly everyone thinks I'm an asshole.
    April 15, 2010

    had a dream last night I was walking through some African-like shrub plain at evenin' time with the family from Everybody Hates Chris. We went to a big building/hospital with large consecutive rooms. Apparently everyone was sick or turning into a zombie of sorts, because there was blood everywhere when we entered. The first room was a huge cafeteria with dim-lighting, everyone was moaning in pain or shambling around with trays and things. I think there were beds in there too. I was told we needed to split up and so I went into this bathroom, which was also dimly lit and large and had stalls and things in a non-orderly fashion everywhere, not just along the walls, but in the middle with random branching aisles. The place was like half-full because you can partially see over the stalls. I went to a stall and someone was following me.

    Sometime along the dream we were carrying like electronic equipment through this bog-like pool surrounded by walls where we had to get to the other end but the only thing we had to stand on were these narrow wooden planks that weren't even connected so we'd have to swim through the brown water to get to them, which was deep. I asked some guy how his camera kept working after being underwater and he told me to turn all electronics upside down when entering water to eradicate the risk of them breaking. I think something was following us too because there was some paranoia and haste.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Ming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    ENFP
    Posts
    491

    Default

    I was traveling on the monopoly board. I was the dice for a while, then became a piece as I skidded along the squares. That was one of the only details I remember from any nightmare. Another one was me waking up, being paralyzed complete, the arms and the legs. I don't even know if I was ACTUALLY awake. It was WAY too real. I shut my eyes and didn't worry at all .

    Those two are the most memorable, because they were the only nightmares. I've always had dreams, funny or weird, happy or sad.

  3. #13
    Senior Member ObeyBunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    573

    Default

    I'll throw in my two bits.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post

    I had to go to class but for some reason needed some carbonated water so I ran up the main road in snow in the dim of evening to a 7-11 store. Almost as soon as I got in some woman drove through the doors and crashed into the counter stand in the middle. She got out but no one was shaken up about it for longer than 10 seconds. There was another woman in there and the clerk looked kind of like a real life version of Mario or Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force. He ran a taxi business and someone needed a ride to a city nearby. I had like 10 minutes to get to class but instead I went with them.
    When the car crashed, I think it means that when something bad happens, no one really cares for long except you. And you find it damn annoying that people don't care.

    I'm not sure what it means when you went with the guy and girl. I think it means that you wanted to adventure as aposed to sitting in one place and reading a boring ass book.


    Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    The dream transitions into a moving van on some sort of bridge/overpass on some water in broad clear daylight. The woman and other girl in the van are talking about their young son/brother who had written some kind of poem really well (she read it off to me but I can't remember the exact words, I think one was 'revelation') and they were debating whether or not he should pursue writing or enter some contest or focus on this other activity he was doing (some sport). I remember the older woman said "well, you can be a pianist and still learn to fire a gun". lol wut
    I think the people controlling the kid's future echeos what happened to you (either in childhood or curently.) I'm probobly way off on this one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    soon I saw the city's skyscrapers in the distance. The bridge/road we were on was wayy above sea level now, like half-way up the length of the skyscrapers. The clerk guy who was driving didn't stop when it suddenly broke off and we fell all the way down to floor level of the city. No one got hurt or seemed to notice. As we begin driving a bit slower there's dead plants and cars and rubble everywhere. The city is empty. There are these strange metallic orbs floating around in packs throughout the streets. And balloons of various colors.
    Again, the people around you exercise neither causion nor suprise when things are dangerous or out of the normal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    In a flash We're in some kind of suburban square, surrounded by boarded up and broken houses. There are balloons everywhere with '30 days of' written on them in this dark red ink. Now I feel like I'm in a nuclear family with the clerk as my father the woman who crashed her car as my mother, and the other girl as my sister, who now appears like 30 years younger. I walk around the roofed decks of the houses but can't see into the windows. The woman/mom calls us into a little alcove to "gather our thoughts" Once inside I notice the girl sits next to a loaded RPG.
    So the kid who wrote the poem was supposed to be you. I'm not sure, but I think this one means that no one seems to care how bad things have gotten-like they pretend that that the world around them is just as peachy as it is on a Halmark Post card.

    Well anyway, that's how I see it.
    Q: "What is the process of seeking the truth?"
    A: "Distilled liquor"

    Q: "If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?"
    A: "Between a starving prostitute and a steak sandwich."

    Q:How would a mathematician capture an elephant?
    A:He would build a cage, step inside, and rename his new location as "outside."

  4. #14
    Senior Member ObeyBunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Is the thread over? Can anyone tell me what my dream means?
    Q: "What is the process of seeking the truth?"
    A: "Distilled liquor"

    Q: "If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?"
    A: "Between a starving prostitute and a steak sandwich."

    Q:How would a mathematician capture an elephant?
    A:He would build a cage, step inside, and rename his new location as "outside."

  5. #15
    likes this gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,651

    Default

    Okay, ObeyBunny, here you go. I'm not a professional at this by any means, it's just for fun really, and I didn't intend anyone to actually take these seriously. At least the ones I do.

    So probably since it's recurring, it represents a problem (or anxiety or weakness) that you must continue to face over and over again. I would guess that this dream has to do with anxiety about transition, and control.

    In the plane, you have no sense of control whatsoever. You emotionally detach from the situation and find yourself in an entirely different state of existence. The dream is a series of transitions: from inside the plane to standing in the parking lot to browsing the store. Your death represents a transition, moving from one state (of existence) to another. Even your perspective shifts from inside the plane to suddenly outside the plane, watching it (the state you have left behind) burn.

    The men are not familiar, yet you agree to go with them, but end up terrified. They have died as well, they represent the social pressure you feel about the situation. It could be self-imposed (perceived-only) social pressure, too.

    Bed, Bath, and Beyond is typically a pretty mundane place, but the fact that it is illuminated in an otherwise dark world and the fact that it can only be seen by those who are dead amplifies the significance of the store. You do not want to give it a lot of weight, yet it is demanding your attention. It seems to have a powerful pull to you...


    Does it seem like it might have anything to do with you? :rolleyes2:
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

  6. #16
    Senior Member ObeyBunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    So probably since it's recurring, it represents a problem (or anxiety or weakness) that you must continue to face over and over again. I would guess that this dream has to do with anxiety about transition, and control.

    In the plane, you have no sense of control whatsoever. You emotionally detach from the situation and find yourself in an entirely different state of existence. The dream is a series of transitions: from inside the plane to standing in the parking lot to browsing the store. Your death represents a transition, moving from one state (of existence) to another. Even your perspective shifts from inside the plane to suddenly outside the plane, watching it (the state you have left behind) burn.
    YES! Especially good on the series of transitions bit.

    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    The men are not familiar, yet you agree to go with them, but end up terrified. They have died as well, they represent the social pressure you feel about the situation. It could be self-imposed (perceived-only) social pressure, too.
    I actually explained my dream badly. The men did not terrify me. They seemed like pleasent people who were shairing the same experiance of not knowing what to do once one dies.

    But how they behave mimics how I would behave if I were thrust into a new situation- polight, offer a piece of obvious advice despite not knowing anything about this new situation, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Bed, Bath, and Beyond is typically a pretty mundane place, but the fact that it is illuminated in an otherwise dark world and the fact that it can only be seen by those who are dead amplifies the significance of the store. You do not want to give it a lot of weight, yet it is demanding your attention. It seems to have a powerful pull to you...
    Yep
    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Does it seem like it might have anything to do with you? :rolleyes2:
    Pretty good. The middle part is a little messed up, but it was my fault for explaining it badly.
    Q: "What is the process of seeking the truth?"
    A: "Distilled liquor"

    Q: "If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?"
    A: "Between a starving prostitute and a steak sandwich."

    Q:How would a mathematician capture an elephant?
    A:He would build a cage, step inside, and rename his new location as "outside."

  7. #17
    likes this gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,651

    Default

    COOL.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Little_Sticks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    Do me now. I had a dream that I was being lectured by a guy that had a voice I thought to be Einstein. He had one of those black-board pool cue stick things with chalk on it and he was pointing at words on the board and saying them at the same time. The words represented human emotions. Such as love, jealousy, hate, joy, etc. And then he went on to rhetorically ask "what commonality do all these human contrivances have?" They are the result of a way to adapt. Humanity has these things to adapt. And all life shares the same fact that it is an attempt to adapt to its surroundings. Therefore, all humans and all life are the same because we push to evolve and adapt with what means we have. And I saw floating bubbles dividing into more bubbles and one of them had a skull in it. That skull was dividing into more skulls and they were floating in the air. And then I woke up.

    What does it mean?

  9. #19
    likes this gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    I was traveling on the monopoly board. I was the dice for a while, then became a piece as I skidded along the squares. That was one of the only details I remember from any nightmare. Another one was me waking up, being paralyzed complete, the arms and the legs. I don't even know if I was ACTUALLY awake. It was WAY too real. I shut my eyes and didn't worry at all .

    Those two are the most memorable, because they were the only nightmares. I've always had dreams, funny or weird, happy or sad.
    I don't know about the paralyzed one, but I'd guess that the Monopoly one has to do with you shifting from role to role, identity to identity, seeing life as a game, feeling a little out of control, and wanting some sense of authenticity.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

  10. #20
    likes this gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    Do me now. I had a dream that I was being lectured by a guy that had a voice I thought to be Einstein. He had one of those black-board pool cue stick things with chalk on it and he was pointing at words on the board and saying them at the same time. The words represented human emotions. Such as love, jealousy, hate, joy, etc. And then he went on to rhetorically ask "what commonality do all these human contrivances have?" They are the result of a way to adapt. Humanity has these things to adapt. And all life shares the same fact that it is an attempt to adapt to its surroundings. Therefore, all humans and all life are the same because we push to evolve and adapt with what means we have. And I saw floating bubbles dividing into more bubbles and one of them had a skull in it. That skull was dividing into more skulls and they were floating in the air. And then I woke up.

    What does it mean?
    Heh heh heh... I love the imagery in this dream. Okay let me see...

    The man in the dream represents prevailing notions of "authority" wisdom. It generally makes sense, and it's a pretty credible source...

    The second part of the dream represents potentiality. If you break an idea into smaller and smaller pieces, they become almost nothingness, floating away, but then somewhere in the midst of it, you see something more tangible/permanent: skulls, the housing of human consciousness (I'm assuming they were human skulls?).

    You are exploring your own sense of the world, beginning to feel a tentative confidence.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Similar Threads

  1. TypeCentral Members Psychoanalyze Your Avatar for Free
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6995
    Last Post: 12-07-2017, 02:05 AM
  2. Useless AMAs for TypeCentral Members
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-13-2016, 01:28 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-19-2013, 09:44 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2013, 09:19 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-26-2010, 09:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO