User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ

Default TypoC is bringing me down.

I am not attacking this site by any means, i am aware of the benefits to all the users.

I am just being very honest here .. In my case, for the last week that i have been here I've logged off feeling like total shit.

I am comparing myself to others, finding reasons to confirm i am worthless and basically ripping myself a new assshole.

It's not the people as i enjoy interacting with most of you .. It's the threads (esp the creative projects). I just don't know what i'm doing or where i am going.

What angers me further (i am pissed i am in this mindset in the first place) but i spent the last year picking myself up, gaining some positive self-esteem and now i feel it has gone to waste and i am in this negative head-space.

It doesn't help that after a lovely week off work, going back last week turned into a nightmare and resulted in a meeting with the boss on Friday and my eyes leaking water (I wasn't crying).

I am just so frustrated at the moment.

I know the right thing to do would be to leave the site for a while as i don't want to add salt to the wounds .. But i like you guys .. However needs must .. I need to regain my sanity.

Has anyone else felt like this??
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    INTP

I go through weird periods of comparing myself to others too much. I don't know where it comes from, but it crops up every now and then. It's good that you've identified and recognized that this place is setting off that tendency right now--I'd just take a break for a week, come back and see if you're better able to separate yourself from what you're reading. If not, take a longer break. The site will always be here!
    Something Witty

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Sure, about other places. I took a hiatus from the said community, in search of greener grounds. Then, one day, I randomly decided to visit the area to see how far the place had progressed. And things really did change -- not necessarily the people and their trends, but myself, and what I have gained by exploring different ideas. It gave me another perspective on sort of incidents that were occurring, and I was able to process the information into something new and useful, which included better navigation through the "so-called" mess.

I can't say what will happen in the end, but a good way to get out of a rut is to expose yourself to new activities, and viewpoints. Don't feel ashamed that you've regressed into negativity. Look at this as a opportunity to build an even greater and stronger worldview/self-esteem. The best, long-lasting things in the world are challenging to find. How you respond to what you're given (limitations, disappointment, failure, etc.) determines where you'll go in life. Take everything you know and are, then squeeze every bit of goodness in them. What may appear like a disadvantage (to you) now, could be an advantage later.

I am comparing myself to others, finding reasons to confirm i am worthless and basically ripping myself a new assshole.
    Just some thoughts:

Will this truly help? Knowing that there will be individuals who greater or worse than you in every single skill/area imaginable? What about your standards? Who do you want to be? What about paving your own path? Is it necessary to follow someone else's system that doesn't match up with your attitude and traits? What's the worst that could happen if you don't? Can you do anything to meet the ends in your unique way?
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Hey Sas!

Yeah, I've been in a similar spot at times, but I divide it into two things:

(1) My life was in a difficult spot for whatever reason.

AND

(2) At the same time there was a period on the site where alot of the threads did not interest me.

BUT, I did not associate the site's thread content as being of minimal interest to me at that time as the CAUSE of my life being shitty at that time.

BUT (again)

I did take time off as I needed all the time I could steal to get my life on an even keel again.

When I returned, due to things in my life being in a better spot, and me having a break from things in general, my experience here was its usual enjoyable cyber-babble experience.

Hang in there, kiddo!

I wish you the best, and peace, and happiness!

-Halla
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

don't worry... unless it's edible I suck at the creative projects as well... and you can't really post edible things because nobody can taste them or smell them

I took 6 months off when my computer was stolen within the past year... and I've taken off time at other points when the threads were boring and forum dynamics were irking me, and I've lurked without posting at other points because there was nothing worth responding to

I've always come back though because most of the people are totally awesome!

<-- you need that!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Doesn't everyone go through periods of feeling like this about any place they frequent? I'm pretty sure most people get times when they feel (usually despite it not being the case) that they're somehow not as cool/smart/chic/funny/whatever as their peers in a particular community. It comes and goes...

That, and what Halla said.

I just come when I feel like it and take it as I find it. If I hang around on a regular basis, it pisses me off too. But then that's more likely to be just cos if you hang around an internet *anything* on a regular basis then it probably means you're not paying as much attention to living real life as you maybe ought to. And if that's the case, you're on a bit of a slippery slope.

Everyone needs to turn off their computer and go outside and play from time to time
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

promises to keep

Alchemy makes promises it can't keep.

Astrology makes promises it can't keep.

And MBTI makes promises it can't keep.

Promises are seductive, so when one promise is broken, we move onto something that looks more promising.

Children say, "Promise me, promise me, promise me!".

While grown-ups say, "I have miles to go before I sleep and promises to keep".

heart on fire

I have felt this way about other places I have hung out online.

I have felt that way about here when I interact with certain people too much.

Internet life of all the parts of our lives is voluntary. If you don't feel comfortable some place, explore other areas until you find someplace that supports your needs for interaction and growth.

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Alchemy makes promises it can't keep.
    It didn't make gold, but it did help give birth to a new focus: chemistry.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

Glycerine

I feel that way in here on several ways . However, what are your wonderful traits? You're warm and very practical/grounded. That's what I see. Many people on this site don't seem to quite as grounded as you.... they read way too much into things (myself included).