User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    eharmony is a joke. they totally rejected me because they couldn't match me with anyone.
    Yeah, same here. I thought I was special until I heard how many people are like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    That is dating personals site, not a forum.
    My general impression of the OP was he was describing a dating focused MBTI related site. Type Tango is a site that has attempted to tap into that niche market so in my mind the concepts are similar enough.

True, pay dating sites are saturated, but what does that have to do with a free forum?
    I believe Intuitive Central created a sub-forum that focused on people being to basically post personal ads. I guess I don't know if anyone had success with their posts but many of them appeared fairly bleak. As a platform, forum software is focused on thread discussion and would require a level of tailoring that may be better suited in an application written from scratch. A forum is better suited in helping someone discuss their dating situation rather then being the solution itself. There are already many free dating sites so I'm not quite sure how a 'free forum' would compete (or succeed).

I would be more interested in seeing a site similar to Type Tango but done right and free (and not a forum, people want more anonymity/control then that).

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by file cabinet View Post
    My general impression of the OP was he was describing a dating focused MBTI related site. Type Tango is a site that has attempted to tap into that niche market so in my mind the concepts are similar enough.
    No it was specifically suggested as a

V-bulletin dating forum

I believe Intuitive Central created a sub-forum that focused on people being to basically post personal ads. I guess I don't know if anyone had success with their posts but many of them appeared fairly bleak.
    Personals sub forums have never worked very well on any of the forums I have been on.

As a platform, forum software is focused on thread discussion and would require a level of tailoring that may be better suited in an application written from scratch. A forum is better suited in helping someone discuss their dating situation rather then being the solution itself.
    I think a social networking forum would be most appropriate, not just exclusive to dating. Something that would allow for a wide range of interests and ideas.

There are already many free dating sites so I'm not quite sure how a 'free forum' would compete (or succeed).
    Yes there are and the fact that we are even discussing the possibility of a free forum shows that they are lacking in some ways.

I would be more interested in seeing a site similar to Type Tango but done right and free (and not a forum, people want more anonymity/control then that).
    The anonymity is the issue. I don't want that level of anonymity. I want to be able to talk about a wide variety of issues and see others do the same. I want to be able to find people who have the same interests as I do as quickly as starting a thread to talk about it. As far as control, I want a civil and orderly community to filter out a lot of the trolls and jerks.

This is weird. I more or less shot holes in this idea when I talked about it with zergling and now I'm defending it.

Couldn't this generally already be accomplished by using a site like mbtic/intpc/intjf/infpgc/etc?... just approach them differently.

MBTI
    OMNi

Couldn't this generally already be accomplished by using a site like mbtic/intpc/intjf/infpgc/etc?... just approach them differently.
    That is more or less the idea. Start a forum with a large range of topics but that emphasizes MBTI typeing. Of course, there would be no sense to and no forum would agree to becoming a networking forum, so a new one would have to be started pretty much from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    That is more or less the idea. Start a forum with a large range of topics but that emphasizes MBTI typeing. Of course, there would be no sense to and no forum would agree to becoming a networking forum, so a new one would have to be started pretty much from scratch.
    What I was trying to say was: you can already do what you are asking. There doesn't need to be another forum because there are already a number of existing ones. What you are describing sounds like you just want the forum to be framed as some kind of 'dating' site but the dynamics of a forum are fairly similar across all forums. So, just PM people/build interpersonal relationships with the people who have already flocked to these MBTI-related sites.

There is already one pending marriage that I'm aware of (they met through one of the MBTI forums) and there are a number of other people who have hooked up/moved/whatever... so, simply re-frame your perception of the existing forums.

MBTI
    OMNi

What I was trying to say was: you can already do what you are asking. There doesn't need to be another forum because there are already a number of existing ones. What you are describing sounds like you just want the forum to be framed as some kind of 'dating' site but the dynamics of a forum are fairly similar across all forums. So, just PM people/build interpersonal relationships with the people who have already flocked to these MBTI-related sites.

There is already one pending marriage that I'm aware of (they met through one of the MBTI forums) and there are a number of other people who have hooked up/moved/whatever... so, simply re-frame your perception of the existing forums.
    Oh, I network on these forums all the time. I've already met two people in real life. But since I'm the only one actually defending the idea, and I'm the one who shot it down in the first place, I'll just leave it be.

MBTI
    INFP

You'd have to find some single people who use the internet before you could start up a dating forum. Good luck with that.